An Update to LHBs Incoming (datamined)

Selena4Lyfe

Well, the data miners are at it again, and it looks like we'll be having a revival of the Legendary Robin LGHB.

BUT!

With a twist.  A whole new difficulty and an odd gag prize for it's completion.

More information can be found here:

Edit: is there a way to compress Reddit posts?

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

• eclipse changed the title to An Update to LGHBs Incoming (datamined)

Oh god not this nonsense again...

How many times do we need to up the difficulty of the game before the devs decide it's alright the way things are? I still have some nightmares from some of the Lunatic Dev Challenges...

I'm game for a new challenge. I like that the reward is a cosmetic one, so if it actually ends up being extra hard there's no pressure of missing out on extra orbs or whatnot for those that can't do it.

I assume the usual F2P strategies will still pop up unless the stats are truly BS somehow.

46 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I assume the usual F2P strategies will still pop up unless the stats are truly BS somehow.

Based on the information in the Reddit post, you can expect enemy stats to be comparable to Infernal Blessed Gardens maps.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Oh god not this nonsense again...

How many times do we need to up the difficulty of the game before the devs decide it's alright the way things are? I still have some nightmares from some of the Lunatic Dev Challenges...

I'd say that the challenges up to this point are appropriate for F2P players like myself, them being more manageable the longer one has played, but then there is always that crowd with teams of 5* +10 units that complain about things being too easy. I hope to be able to clear this new challenge, but I must say, I only cleared the last Robin LHB on Infernal by the skin of my teeth. 

As someone who doesn't merge their 5-stars and doesn't have perfect nature 5-stars or expensive fodder ... infernal for me averages between "this was challenging but not all that hard" to "fuck this map, I never want to do this again". So there is a bit of an inconsistency with the difficulty of infernal as it is. Also, if there are people who just can't do infernal, whether because of their team composition or they just aren't good at it, locking orb rewards behind much higher difficulty levels would seem unfair.

I'd like to see what this higher-than-infernal map would be like in practice before I make any calls on how I feel about it, though.

25 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I'd say that the challenges up to this point are appropriate for F2P players like myself, them being more manageable the longer one has played, but then there is always that crowd with teams of 5* +10 units that complain about things being too easy. I hope to be able to clear this new challenge, but I must say, I only cleared the last Robin LHB on Infernal by the skin of my teeth. 

I mean, I don't wanna say the game's been easy for a while, because even with the units I've built up I'm still being an idiot in how I use them, but the moment we get Apotheosis-level content in the game I think they'll have expected all of us to have 5*+10 unit even if the units we want to use are the elusive 5* locks that we can never seem to pull.

I have mixed feelings about a difficulty above infernal. I would appreciate the challenge with my teams, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to clear many of them in one turn. 

In addition, I would like to see Infernal difficulty for the other modes like Story maps (=orbs) and TTs (needs the challenge) first, before getting Infernal+ for LHB maps which are already though. 

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I wouldn't mind challenges at that sort of difficulty if they and their rewards weren't timed. 

Infinitely this. 5 days of LHB is complete and utter bullshit. 5 days of eenfurrnul-ploos is even more bullshit.

I already mentioned my worries about not being able to solo it with Eirika in the general thread. 

In any case, even if I can't do that kind of shenanigans I'm up for harder content. After all those solos are basically gimping myself in order to make the maps more challenging so it'll be fun to see something that will force me to bring full powered teams that hopefully aren't just "lol Flier/Horse Emblem cheeses this".

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

There’s no datamine for Brave Heroes tho?

This data was uncovered from a previous datamine.

So it's basically a means of obtaining a brag item

Sure, but it's kind of annoying to know where your limits are at. I can just wanna say it "Whew, glad I never have to do that again", but then here's an even more difficult level. To me, it feels more like an obligation than a challenge.

I think, like some others, I'd prefer the story modes to receive higher difficulties than these challenges. The fact they are limited and timed just makes them needlessly frustrating and means I often end up not bothering to find my own way of doing them, whereas I've been happier completing SA and CC, etc, in my own time because they're always there, so I don't feel the need to consult a guide (except maybe for Celica's stupid map because screw that turn limit on CC ¬¬). 

I'll see  what it's like, first, and hope some f2p guide people can put something together. It's funny, because I'm not f2p at all, but my emphasis has always been on collecting and not merging... combined with my own lack of skills (they come in highs and lows, but I'm not a patient person), means that I have a fair few high end units with no clue how to use them xD I feel sorry for them, but oh well ^.^ I'm happy enough, still. 

Fallen Robin LHB revival... why not give us Fjorm, Gunnthrá, Ike and Ephrain Legendary Hero Battles?

19 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think, like some others, I'd prefer the story modes to receive higher difficulties than these challenges. The fact they are limited and timed just makes them needlessly frustrating and means I often end up not bothering to find my own way of doing them, whereas I've been happier completing SA and CC, etc, in my own time because they're always there, so I don't feel the need to consult a guide (except maybe for Celica's stupid map because screw that turn limit on CC ¬¬). 

I'll see  what it's like, first, and hope some f2p guide people can put something together. It's funny, because I'm not f2p at all, but my emphasis has always been on collecting and not merging... combined with my own lack of skills (they come in highs and lows, but I'm not a patient person), means that I have a fair few high end units with no clue how to use them xD I feel sorry for them, but oh well ^.^ I'm happy enough, still. 

I would prefer the story/paralogue to receive higher difficulties too, so we would receive 5 orbs per chapter / 3 orbs per paralogue, for more than 150 orbs.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Fallen Robin LHB revival... why not give us Fjorm, Gunnthrá, Ike and Ephrain Legendary Hero Battles?

I would prefer the story/paralogue to receive higher difficulties too, so we would receive 5 orbs per chapter / 3 orbs per paralogue, for more than 150 orbs.

I didn't even think of that. Just more, I prefer when it's not a fairly tight challenge, personally. I have several chain challenges I've still not done but I'm happy to take my time with them. With LHBs, you can't, but then people with different teams and merges have been asking for more challenges. 

And yup, would be nice to have challenges for the others, too. 

As long as they have the rewards be only eccessories I am OK with this.  If they lock orbs or dew behind this then I will be annoyed because I don't think I will be able to do this unless there are F2P guides.  I agree with others that they should give us LHBs for the 4 heroes that don't have them first and I would rather have infernal story and paralogue chapters first as well.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

15 hours ago, Midnox said:

There’s no datamine for Brave Heroes tho?

You can only mine for data that actually exists in the game files.

New characters are clearly data that need to be closely guarded until the announcement of their release.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

New characters are clearly data that need to be closely guarded by Intern-kun until a little before the official announcement of their release.

Corrected. 

My question is what they'll name the new difficulty. What could be above Infernal? Godly? Transcendent? Heroic? Legendary? I just don't want it to be Infernal+, that'd be generic and boring.

I wish they had a Merciless, after FE11's hardest, but that'd be a downgrade from Infernal, and even Lunatic in adjectival intensity.