Misspent Youth

Corrobin

For those that don't know, Misspent Youth is a tabletop system created by Robert Bohl. It's a storyless system, where the group creates the world together. You can get the PDF for free, but it's an "Eyebleed" edition that's a little hard to read. (I don't mind reading it, and I'll restate the rules for anyone who wishes to hear about them, but I'll post the PDF here: http://misspentyouth.robertbohl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MisspentYouthEyebleedEdition.pdf  ).

It's focused on teenagers fighting against corrupt authority, as well as friendship and conflict in adversity.

Due to the nature of creating a world together, I can't state what the story will be like or about-that's up to you. I need a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 5 players to become "Youthful Offenders".

Anyone in?

RIP Melody of Revolution... I guess I now have the story for a standalone hack (Sarcasm)

Edited by This boi uses Nino

The Greatest Enemy of Truth
A good antagonist helps you create protagonists you give a shit about, so everyone needs to buy into the villain. Create that bad guy — The Authority — as a group at the start of the game. After you create The Authority, figure out what the world you’re in is like, decide what holds your YOs together, and brainstorm a bunch of character ideas.

The Authority
You may already have an idea of the world you want to play in, and you can feel free to discuss that beforehand if you want. However, the first step you’re going to take in making your ideas concrete is deciding who’s going to get to play the baddie. This person is The Authority. The Authority player roleplays whatever’s oppressing the kids, is responsible for starting scenes, and decides when you get to throw dice. It’s a big job, but it’s also a hell of a lot of fun to play the villain. By the way, you may notice that I use the term “The 
Authority” to refer both to the player and her character. You’ll be able to figure out which I’m talking about from context.The Authority is about power and control. It attacks freedom and joy and hates whatever the YOs love. The most important thing when coming up with The Authority is to make something that’s going to make you — the players, the people sitting around the table — furious. Brainstorm a list of the things that real-life bullies do that make your guts knot up with impotent fury. Keep this list in mind when you’re deciding what The Authority will be like. If someone proposes an Authority that you don’t give a fuck about, one that doesn’t make you want to spit and claw and bite and fight, say so. This is true even if you’re playing The Authority. Keep in mind the scale you want The Authority to operate on. Not every oppressor controls an entire planet. It can be pretty cool if The Authority needs to hide from something more powerful than itself. You can totally do an omnipotent organization that rules every part of the YOs’ lives, but the Authority can also be a criminal enterprise on the run from the law, an apparently-legitimate company that has to cover its ass, or a dirty unit in the local police force. In order to create The Authority, you’re going to be choosing stuff from lists. You can probably describe The Authority you have in mind with more than one option on the list, but only pick the one it’s really about. For example, while it might be greedy and driven by fear, you gotta choose which one matters 
most to you as a motivation.You don’t have to follow exactly the order I have laid out below for creating The Authority. Feel free to skip anything you can’t decide on right away and come back to it later. When the process is over, read what you’ve got out loud. You may decide to change some of your earlier choices so they work better with what your concepts of The Authority and the world have become. Record the choices you make while creating The Authority on the Dystopia sheet.

The Authority has a:
* Name
* Description
* Vice
* Victim
* Visage
* Need

Name and description
The name is the name — duh — of The Authority and the description is just a sentence or two about what this thing is. This comes first on the Dystopia sheet for ease of reference during play, but you’ll probably end up The Authority later, once you know it better.

Vice
The Authority’s Vice is its underlying motivation. What’s at the root of all the fucked-up shit it does?

Choose one of the following:
* Absolutism: The Authority knows the way things ought to be done and it can’t fucking stand for anything to be even the slightest bit out of place. It’s driven by an obsessive-compulsive need for its rules to be followed exactly. The exact nature of these rules is far less important to it.
* Fear: Most bullies do what they do because they’re afraid of other people having power over them. The Authority is full of bluster, but at its base it’s just a scared little kid.
* Greed: The Authority is driven by an insatiable hunger that it can’t deny. Most of the time it’s out for money but it could be obsessed with power, sex, or anything else you can think of.

* Sadism: A sadistic Authority gets off on causing pain: physical, psychological, or both.
* Utopianism: A Utopian Authority thinks it knows what’s best for you and it really believes whatever fucked-up scheme it has will make the world a better place.

Victim
The Victim is whatever The Authority is killing, consuming, ruining, perverting, or feeding on.
* Freedom: Freedom of choice, speech, religion, the press, movement: all of these things and more are anathema to The Authority.
* History: This is the kind of Authority who publishes history books that say America was this big empty wasteland waiting for white people to come and build strip malls.
* Humanity: It chews up people somehow: kills them, shreds their sanity, enslaves them, and so on.
* Nature: The Authority commits crimes against nature, the world, animals, plants, and natural processes. 
* Progress: They want to stop technology from getting out of their hands or prevent social change. Maybe the wrong people are getting away with kissing each other, or The Authority is wigged out that people are able to edit their own genes.

Visage
The Visage is the form The Authority takes. The face it wears tells you what you need to do to attack it directly.
* Corporate: The Authority is a business, big or small. Could be anything from a street gang to an interdimensional megacorp. Whatever the scale, it’s got one reason for being: make it for a dollar and sell it for two.
* Personal: It’s just one guy, someone with personal magnetism and a vision.

* Religious: It has a direct line to God, or Heinlein, or Adam Smith, or whoever. The Authority operates on unquestioned received wisdom and sees disagreement as moral failing.
* State: The Authority is the group of bandits you’ve chosen to let bleed you slowly, the holder of “legitimate” reins of power.
* Systemic: A process, a culture, a civil paranoia, a life-defining test regimen, etc. Since it’s got no face to spit in and no headquarters to stinkbomb, this Authority can be very difficult to directly confront.
Need
In order to be interesting, characters must want things. The Authority is a character, and its Need is what it wants. The Need is a sentence or two that says what The Authority desires and what it would do to the world if the YOs weren’t there to stop it. It’s important that this not be something passive. “Things will stay like they are” is a terrible Need. The Need is the sword hanging over the YOs’ heads. If they fail, something terrible is going to happen and it’ll be their fault. Give the Need teeth — sharp, jagged ones.

This is all from the pdf. So, readers, I ask you- what pisses you off about bullies? And I mean, REALLY pisses you off.

I hate how people think wearing pink shirts is gonna stop a bully. Listen kid, you're already a nerd with taped glasses that I broke the last time I punched you. Do you think wearing a pink-ass shirt is gonna make me not punch you again? Nah, you're getting punched two more times.

Some good examples of things you don't like about bullies (or, in general, assholes in places of power, or bossy people, etc.): 

They're NEVER wrong, no matter what you say or do.
They place an arbitrary value on certain traits or ideals.

They have to be better than everyone.

If you disagree with them, YOU'RE the bad one.

What you've linked seems far better as a tabletop game than a play-by-post forum experience, and it appears to be a really niche game too. SF isn't exactly a massive RP site, there's only a small number of people who do stuff and most are already in a game or two already - SF is also kinda saturated with RPs too. You might be better of trying it on a larger site dedicated to such games, you'd struggle to fill something like that here!

There's also the fact you've just suggested a game to play, typically games with a set premise and world fill a lot better here. It's only been five days, but considering nobody's expressed interest, it's likely to suggest that it might stay that way.

Not only that, but this isn't the first time you've tried to start or work something in the RP section. There aren't a lot of us here, we remember who's tried and failed to GM, and with real life weighing on most all of us, we don't want to spend our extra free time on things that don't look very promising, or with people we can't believe will make an RP work. Shin's advice on searching for a site better for these things would likely work out better for you if you're serious about running this sort of game.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

23 minutes ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

Not only that, but this isn't the first time you've tried to start or work something in the RP section. There aren't a lot of us here, we remember who's tried and failed to GM, and with real life weighing on most all of us, we don't want to spend our extra free time on things that don't look very promising, or with people we can't believe will make an RP work. Shin's advice on searching for a site better for these things would likely work out better for you if you're serious about running this sort of game.

Fair point... But that bully comment was kind of mean-spirited.