Since Echo Fighters are going to be added to Ultimate and they can share the spot with the counterpart in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I totally think these are the choices that I came up with who's going to be echoing who in Ultimate. If you want to post your echo fighter ideas down (try to not include Samus Aran, Peach, Marth, Roy, Pit, and Simon Belmont since they managed to gotten echo fighters)

Here's my Echo Fighter ideas that could work:

1. Ken as Ryu's Echo Fighter (both are friends and they were both taught by the same master, I think he be a likely choice) Revealed in 11/1 Direct as Ryu's Echo Fighter
  2. Mike Jones from StarTropics as Link's Echo Fighter (since Mike's two game are a Zelda clone, he could have some move sets that be differ to Link's similar to like Chrom for Roy and besides that Ganondorf was used to be Captain Falcon's clone back at Melee and Ganondorf did have the similar special move sets as Captain Falcon's, but some of their normal attacks are different)
  3. Ninten from EarthBound Beginnings as Ness's Echo Fighter (since Ninten does resemble to Ness, I think Ninten should have a little bit change on his outfit to avoid confusion with Ness being identical for any players who aren't fimilar with the EarthBound series similar to like how Marth and Roy had gotten newer outfits back at Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U)
  4. Funky Kong as Donkey Kong's Echo Fighter (he does act a lot similar to DK in Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch port, the only difference that he carries his Surf Board that he could hover it be a version of DK's Spinning Kong)
  5. Zack as Cloud's Echo Fighter (Zack did had a prequel title for the PSP and it would make sense) or probably put Squall Leonheart from Final Fantasy VIII as Cloud's Echo Fighter since Final Fantasy VIII did had limit breaks as well.
  6. Octolings as Inklings's Echo Fighter (obvious reasons due to the Octoling Expansion Pack in Splatoon 2)
  7. Impa as Sheik's Echo Fighter (Possibly since Impa did taught Zelda the Sheikah technique in Oracle of Time's 7 time year skip)
  8. Isabelle as Villager's Echo Fighter (I did see someone suggested that) Revealed in 9/13 Direct as a separate fighter
  9. Ms. Pac-Man as Pac-Man's Echo Fighter (both of them are absolutely similar)
  10. Shadow or Tails could be Sonic's Echo Fighter (the only difference with Tails that he can fly) - I haven't played any of the Sonic games Shadow is now deconfirmed in 11/1 Direct and he's still an Assist Trophy
  11. Jeanne as Bayonetta's Echo Fighter (both of them are Umber Witches)
  12. Black Shadow or Blood Falcon as Captain Falcon's Echo Fighter (we haven't got a single new F-Zero rep for a long time and we do need new F-Zero reps be added to Ultimate)
  13. Normal version of Raichu (not Alolan Raichu since he's a Pokeball Pokémon) or Detective Pikachu as Pikachu's Echo Fighter
  14. Beck from Mighty No. 9 as Mega Man's Echo Fighter (which Mighty No. 9 is a spiritual successor of Mega Man)
  15. Naked Snake as Solid Snake's Echo Fighter (Naked Snake is Big Boss and Solid Snake is a clone of Big Boss, it would make more sense to make him as an echo fighter for Solid Snake)
  16. Louie as Olimar's/Alph's Echo Fighter (Louie was added as Olimar's partner from Pikmin 2 and he could be a wise choice as an Echo Fighter for Olimar's)
  17. Yarn Yoshi as Yoshi's Echo Fighter
  18. Digby as Villager's Echo Fighter or Isabelle's Echo Fighter (This gave me idea after Isabelle was revealed)

I don't know if Dixie Kong would work as Diddy's Echo Fighter would work as since Dixie doesn't have a gun nor a Jetpack. I'm pretty sure Dixie will might be Diddy's Semi-Echo Fighter.

For possible newcomers that I wanted to see it being to be added in Ultimate and I totally think they could get an Echo Fighter:

1. Springtron from Arms as Spring Man's Echo Fighter (he did copied Spring Man's moves in Arms, the only difference that he could have his defense be higher and he could be stronger than Spring Man's and he could be a heavy weight fighter) Deconfirmed in 11/1 Direct since Spring Man is an Assist Trophy
  2. Curly Brace from Cave Story as Quote's Echo Fighter (they did fight the same in Cave Story, the only difference are that Quote and Curly Brace had different guns, they can trade the guns in the hut where Curly stayed)
  3. I don't know about Risky Boots would kinda qualify as Shantae's Echo Fighter or they could get Nega-Shantae as Shantae's Echo Fighter
  4. One of the CodeName S.T.E.A.M. characters as Henry Fleming's Echo Fighter

For any unclear whatever some of these characters might make it to Ultimate and finally becomes as newcomers:

1. Alice from Balloon Kid, Game Boy sequel of Balloon Fight as Balloon Fighter's Echo Fighter
  2. Isa from Sin and Punishment: Star Successor as Saki's Echo Fighter
  3. Matthew from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn as Issac's Echo Fighter Deconfirmed in 11/1 Direct since Issac is still an Assist Trophy

Edit: Added Mighty No. 9, Naked Snake, Louie, Detective Pikachu, Yarn Yoshi, and Digby in the Echo Fighter idea list and fixed the description of the idea of Ninten. And add the unclear newcomers could make it in Ultimate and thought of something that could get an echo fighter.

Nintendo Direct in 9/13 now revealed Isabelle is now confirmed as a separate fighter instead of Villager's Echo Fighter.

Nintendo Direct in 11/1 now revealed Ken is now confirmed as Ryu's Echo Fighter and now deconfirmed Spring Man, Issac, and Shadow since they're Assist Trophies.

Edited by King Marth 64
11/1 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate confirmation

You already have good ideas which I also thought about. I think Shadow or Tales have a solid chance and Ninten also occurred as an idea.
I won't repeat characters so I add my ideas.

1. Mona as an Echo Fighter for Wario (She has a Scooter instead of a Bike and could use perfume instead of farting)
2. Birdo Echo Fighter for Yoshi
3. Hilda as an Echo Fighter for Zelda, AttP Zelda is calling it
4. Tetra as an Echo Fighter for Toon Link

possible New Commer or Echo Fighter
1. Rex could be an Echo Fighter for Shulk, but also a new character. Imagine Switching blades D=.
2. Medusa as an Echo Fighter for Palutena or as a new Characters, or Hades.

Newcomer with Echo Fighter

1. Isaac from Golden sun with Felix as an Echo Fighter, does not have a high chance
2. Goemon with Ebisumaru as an Echo Fighter. (I would cry for joy even if it means Konami overload)
3. Ryu Hayabusa with Kasumi as an Echo Fighter. (Smash Ultimate introduces new physic engine...)

Edited by Stroud

Medusa could easily be Palutena's Echo Fighter.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:
  1. Mike Jones from StarTropics as Link's Echo Fighter (since Mike's two game are a Zelda clone, he could have some move sets that be differ to Link's similar to like Chrom for Roy and besides that Ganondorf was used to be Captain Falcon's clone back at Melee and Ganondorf did have the similar special move sets as Captain Falcon's, but some of their normal attacks are different)

Echo Fighters are all from the same series as the original is, though.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:
  1. Black Shadow or Blood Falcon as Captain Falcon's Echo Fighter (we haven't got a single F-Zero rep for a long time and we do need new F-Zero reps be added to Ultimate)

I disagree, we DON'T need another F-Zero rep, especially since the series is effectively dead at this point. At least Ridley and K.Rool come from series that are still getting new games.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

24 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Medusa could easily be Palutena's Echo Fighter.

Echo Fighters are all from the same series as the original is, though.

I disagree, we DON'T need another F-Zero rep, especially since the series is effectively dead at this point. At least Ridley and K.Rool come from series that are still getting new games.

But, I totally think you might have forgotten that it did happen before. There was time back at Melee that Ganondorf was used to be a clone of Captain Falcon, both of them aren't from the same series. I totally think we might need an Echo Fighter that aren't from the same franchise similar to like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon back at Melee.

15 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

But, I totally think you might have forgotten that it did happen before. There was time back at Melee that Ganondorf was used to be a clone of Captain Falcon, both of them aren't from the same series. I totally think we might need an Echo Fighter that aren't from the same franchise similar to like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon back at Melee.

I know that Ganondorf used to be a clone of Captain Falcon, however that is not the case nowadays. Furthermore, that still doesn't explain why you say that we need an Echo Fighter to be from a different series, so please explain why this needs to be the case.

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Ken as Ryu's Echo Fighter (both are friends and they were both taught by the same master, I think he be a likely choice)

Very possible; in fact, I think it's very likely.

Mike Jones from StarTropics as Link's Echo Fighter (since Mike's two game are a Zelda clone, he could have some move sets that be differ to Link's similar to like Chrom for Roy and besides that Ganondorf was used to be Captain Falcon's clone back at Melee and Ganondorf did have the similar special move sets as Captain Falcon's, but some of their normal attacks are different)

I don't think we'll see any cross-series Echo Fighters; Falcondorf was a one-time thing.

Ninten from EarthBound Beginnings as Ness's Echo Fighter (since Ninten does resemble to Ness, I think Ninten should have a different outfit similar to like how Marth and Roy had back at Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U)

I guess it's possible but I don't know what it would add. Ninten is already so similar to Ness in design and lack-of-personality that I don't see the point of adding him as an Echo. Echoes are typically characters who fight similarly but have significantly different looks, animations, voices, personalities, ect.

Funky Kong as Donkey Kong's Echo Fighter (he does act a lot similar to DK in Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch port, the only difference that he carries his Surf Board that he could hover it be a version of DK's Spinning Kong)

Impa as Shiek's Echo Fighter (Possibly since Impa did taught Zelda the Shiekah technique in Oracle of Time's 7 time year skip)

Isabelle as Villager's Echo Fighter (I did see someone suggested that)

Shadow or Tails could be Sonic's Echo Fighter (the only difference with Tails that he can fly) - I haven't played any of the Sonic games

Those are all possible, though I don't think Tails would make much sense as a Sonic Echo.

Zack as Cloud's Echo Fighter (Zack did had a prequel title for the PSP and it would make sense) or probably put Squall Leonheart from Final Fantasy VIII as Cloud's Echo Fighter since Final Fantasy VIII did had limit breaks as well.

Not happening. Final Fantasy content is already quarter-assed as-is, it's not getting another character when it can't even get new music tracks or an English voice actor for Cloud.

Octolings as Inklings's Echo Fighter (obvious reasons due to the Octoling Expansion Pack in Splatoon 2)

People keep suggesting this without thinking about it; each Inkling palette uses a different ink color to avoid confusion in 8-player Smashes. If Octoling got in it would need eight MORE ink colors distinct from Inkling's eight, to avoid any overlapping colors when players choose both Inkling and Octoling in the same match. I think it's pretty unlikely to happen, if not outright impossible.

Ms. Pac-Man as Pac-Man's Echo Fighter (both of them are absolutely similar)

I've seen people suggest this one too, but I gotta ask; does anybody want Ms. Pac-Man because they actually like Ms. Pac-Man, or is it just because she's an obvious pick for Echo of Pac-Man? Like I said with Ninten, Echo fighters typically have different designs, animations, voices, and personalities to make them worthwhile, and are usually popular, high-demand characters who can just be added in as bonus fighters. Ms. Pac-Man is literally just Pac-Man with stereotypically feminine decorations added on, she offers nothing unique that couldn't be accomplished by just being a boring costume for regular Pac-Man.

Jeanne as Bayonetta's Echo Fighter (both of them are Umber Witches)

Black Shadow or Blood Falcon as Captain Falcon's Echo Fighter (we haven't got a single new F-Zero rep for a long time and we do need new F-Zero reps be added to Ultimate)

Jeanne and Blood Falcon aren't happening because Bayonetta and Captain Falcon still have palettes based on them. Peach lost her Daisy palette, Samus lost her Dark Samus palette, and Ike lost his Chrom palette to make room for them.

Black Shadow is possible, I suppose. I've seen it suggested he play like Melee Ganondorf now that Ganondorf has been de-clonified. I don't particularly want him but he'd be the most viable candidate for a second F-Zero fighter.

Normal version of Raichu (not Alolan Raichu since he's a Pokeball Pokémon) for Pikachu's Echo Fighter

Raichu's tail is too long for many of Pikachu's tail-based attacks to keep proper hitboxes. I guess that could be what makes it distinct from Pikachu, but that might be too drastic a departure to still be an Echo Fighter.

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

People keep suggesting this without thinking about it; each Inkling palette uses a different ink color to avoid confusion in 8-player Smashes. If Octoling got in it would need eight MORE ink colors distinct from Inkling's eight, to avoid any overlapping colors when players choose both Inkling and Octoling in the same match. I think it's pretty unlikely to happen, if not outright impossible.

This makes sense, but I don't think they'd let something this small get in the way of adding them. I feel like if they wanted to add Octolings they'd find some workaround for this...or just add 8 more colors and let it be at that. 8 player matches are already insane enough.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

This makes sense, but I don't think they'd let something this small get in the way of adding them. I feel like if they wanted to add Octolings they'd find some workaround for this...or just add 8 more colors and let it be at that. 8 player matches are already insane enough.

Well, Inklings currently cover orange, blue, lime, teal, magenta, yellow, purple, and dark indigo. The only common Splatoon ink colors still left for Octolings that look distinct enough are forest green and sky blue.

Being able to tell whose ink belongs to who is important here, and ink color is determined by palette, so I don't really see any feasible workaround that lets Octoling be a unique Echo fighter short of removing its ink gimmick, which... makes the character pointless.

Unrelated to the ink color issue, I also think it's very unlikely since Octo Expansion came out too late in development to be featured in Ultimate; Splatoon 2 in general is barely present, in fact.

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Unrelated to the ink color issue, I also think it's very unlikely since Octo Expansion came out too late in development to be featured in Ultimate; Splatoon 2 in general is barely present, in fact.

People bring this up a lot for other characters as well, but I would find it strange for Sakurai to make a project plan that leaves absolutely no room for anyone who came after the initial plan, especially something as easy as an echo fighter, one of which he likely would have known about at least a full year before the planned release date. It's why I think Rex/Pyra still has a chance, despite being strongly opposed to them myself. Would a Smash game really release with the most recent references being three years prior?

...Then again, it could also be the surest sign of DLC. Focus on making the game based entirely on the initial project plan, add more current/recent stuff down the line.

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

People bring this up a lot for other characters as well, but I would find it strange for Sakurai to make a project plan that leaves absolutely no room for anyone who came after the initial plan, especially something as easy as an echo fighter, one of which he likely would have known about at least a full year before the planned release date. It's why I think Rex/Pyra still has a chance, despite being strongly opposed to them myself. Would a Smash game really release with the most recent references being three years prior?

...Then again, it could also be the surest sign of DLC. Focus on making the game based entirely on the initial project plan, add more current/recent stuff down the line.

Oh, I don't doubt the game is futureproofed for DLC. But combined with the aforementioned ink color issue I just think it's extremely unlikely we'll see playable Octolings.

Maybe Smash 6, whenever that arrives, will rework Inkling in general so that half of their eight palettes are Octolings, but I don't see anything happening in Ultimate's lifetime.

I'll just add things that either haven't been said (particularly Ken and Medusa), or my take on stuff you guys have mentioned (particularly from F-Zero):

• Mike Jones (StarTropics) makes a little more sense as a Ness echo, though with different specials. He'd be AT material at best though, given how his latest game is older than most people here.
  • Ninten (MOTHER) is too identical to Ness to get in. They're only different characters in the first place because Itoi decided to make EarthBound a new story, rather than remake MOTHER for SNES.
  • Blood Falcon (F-Zero) has been in the game as Captain Falcon's red color since forever, which is visible on the current site. Not a chance of becoming an echo.
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero) would have the same sort of properties as Ganondorf pre-sword, possibly with Mewtwo's Shadow Ball if you wanted to be closer to the source material. I should add that I have no expectations of more F-Zero characters once they showed Samurai Goroh was still an AT
  • Jody Summer (F-Zero) would be somewhere between Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus in terms of moves. Again, no hope for more F-Zero.
  • Dixie Kong (DK) could be a partial echo for Diddy (like with Chrom), assuming she wouldn't be her own character. Her up+B is effectively the same as Donkey Kong's. Pretty good chances either way.
  • Black Knight for Ike, but with a warping up+B and Eclipse for a FS. He'd actually have a decent chance, but I suspect that Sakurai is planning to have him as a boss fight.
  • Celica as Robin's, with a weaker version of Levin Sword that doesn't break, and either different spells, or casting makes her take damage instead of limited uses.
  • X/Proto Man/Bass (Mega Man) could have been Mega Man echoes, were it not for the FS (unless that's not off the table?)
  • Ms. PAC-MAN should just be an alternate costume like Alph is, kinda surprised she wasn't before
  • Glass Joe (Punch-Out) for Mac, trading offense for significantly greater recovery and aerial maneuverability. Glass Joe never gives up! I'd not expect him though. Lots of boxers could work here, really. I almost expect King Hippo as a boss, too.
  • Lolo & Lala (Adventures of Lolo) would be a crazy out of left field echo for Ice Climbers I guess. At this point, I'm  really reaching for ideas

As far as brand new characters with echoes, I'm not riding any hype trains for anyone in particular, but one of my friends really wants a Resident Evil rep, so I'd say Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy.

32 minutes ago, Florete said:

Not to mention, Sakurai has specifically said that characters like Falco and Ganondorf were added due to being easy additions, and having enough time near the end of development. Even balance issues can be addressed in post-release updates, allowing them to have a little flexibility with deadlines.

Edited by Johann

18 hours ago, Johann said:

I'll just add things that either haven't been said (particularly Ken and Medusa), or my take on stuff you guys have mentioned (particularly from F-Zero):

• Mike Jones (StarTropics) makes a little more sense as a Ness echo, though with different specials. He'd be AT material at best though, given how his latest game is older than most people here.
  • Ninten (MOTHER) is too identical to Ness to get in. They're only different characters in the first place because Itoi decided to make EarthBound a new story, rather than remake MOTHER for SNES.
  • Blood Falcon (F-Zero) has been in the game as Captain Falcon's red color since forever, which is visible on the current site. Not a chance of becoming an echo.
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero) would have the same sort of properties as Ganondorf pre-sword, possibly with Mewtwo's Shadow Ball if you wanted to be closer to the source material. I should add that I have no expectations of more F-Zero characters once they showed Samurai Goroh was still an AT
  • Jody Summer (F-Zero) would be somewhere between Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus in terms of moves. Again, no hope for more F-Zero.
  • Dixie Kong (DK) could be a partial echo for Diddy (like with Chrom), assuming she wouldn't be her own character. Her up+B is effectively the same as Donkey Kong's. Pretty good chances either way.
  • Black Knight for Ike, but with a warping up+B and Eclipse for a FS. He'd actually have a decent chance, but I suspect that Sakurai is planning to have him as a boss fight.
  • Celica as Robin's, with a weaker version of Levin Sword that doesn't break, and either different spells, or casting makes her take damage instead of limited uses.
  • X/Proto Man/Bass (Mega Man) could have been Mega Man echoes, were it not for the FS (unless that's not off the table?)
  • Ms. PAC-MAN should just be an alternate costume like Alph is, kinda surprised she wasn't before
  • Glass Joe (Punch-Out) for Mac, trading offense for significantly greater recovery and aerial maneuverability. Glass Joe never gives up! I'd not expect him though. Lots of boxers could work here, really. I almost expect King Hippo as a boss, too.
  • Lolo & Lala (Adventures of Lolo) would be a crazy out of left field echo for Ice Climbers I guess. At this point, I'm  really reaching for ideas

As far as brand new characters with echoes, I'm not riding any hype trains for anyone in particular, but one of my friends really wants a Resident Evil rep, so I'd say Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy.

Not to mention, Sakurai has specifically said that characters like Falco and Ganondorf were added due to being easy additions, and having enough time near the end of development. Even balance issues can be addressed in post-release updates, allowing them to have a little flexibility with deadlines.

I don't know about putting Mike Jones as Ness's Echo Fighter since Mike doesn't have Ness's PSI/PK attacks (I think Mike only has that Physic attack was Shockwave from Zoda's Revenge), it would better suited as Ninten for Ness's Echo Fighter. Plus, I don't know about putting Black Knight as Ike's Echo Fighter since Zelgius probably have a hard time jumping in that heavy armor, I think it be heavier than Ganondorf's. I did heard Ms. Pac-Man is a popular character, I think Ms. Pac-Man would appear and make more sense as Pac-Man's Echo Fighter instead of costume change.

Edited by King Marth 64

On 8/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, King Marth 64 said:

Octolings as Inklings's Echo Fighter (obvious reasons due to the Octoling Expansion Pack in Splatoon 2

Am i the only one that feels that Octolings would be better as an alt skin for Inkling? I'm not opposed to them being Echoes but i just feel that Octolings would be better as an alt, especially since that's how they're treated in Splatoon 2.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:58 PM, Stroud said:

Rex could be an Echo Fighter for Shulk,

No. Why are there people who think Rex would work as an Echo Fighter? Making him an Echo of Shulk would be a massive disservice, since he fights nothing like him. 

Spoiler

If anything, Malos would be a better Shulk Echo since he actually has his own Monado, complete with most of Shulk's Monado Arts.

Unless you're joking about Rex being Shulk's Echo, in which case, ignore this.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Am i the only one that feels that Octolings would be better as an alt skin for Inkling? I'm not opposed to them being Echoes but i just feel that Octolings would be better as an alt, especially since that's how they're treated in Splatoon 2.

I cannot imagine Octolings doing some of the Inkling taunts and victory animations. Alts can get new voiced lines, but they have the same animations.

On August 20, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Armagon said:

I just checked the winning and losing animations in Splatoon 2 for both the Inklings and Octolings, they do have different animations. I definitely think Octolings are more going to be Echo Fighters instead of Alts for the Inklings incase if they get added to Ultimate.

1 hour ago, The_antithesis said:

Some potential cross-franchise echoes:

Baby Mario Bros as an echo of Ice Climbers

Micaiah as an echo of Zelda

Alm as an Echo of Young Link

Arle Nadja as an echo of Ness

Wonder Red as an echo of Olimar

I think Ninten be a better choice of an Echo Fighter for Ness. But, I think Arle Nadja could be an echo fighter for Lucas since we only had three EarthBound Protagonists in three straight EarthBound games.

Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, what game is Arle Nadja from? I think Ninten be a better choice of an Echo Fighter for Ness.

She's from the Puyo Puyo series. The most recent English-localised one is Puyo Puyo Tetris.

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

1. Sothe & Micaiah as echo fighters of Zelda and Sheik.

2. Trevor Belmont, Leon Belmont, or Gabriel Belmont as potential echoes of Simon & Richter

3. Ken, Guile, or Akuma for Ryu

4. Protoman or Bass for Megaman

5. Sylux for Samus

Making Guile a Ryu Echo would be a massive dissservice to him.

Theres literally nothing they share.

Edited by Jedi

12 hours ago, Etheus said:

1. Sothe & Micaiah as echo fighters of Zelda and Sheik.

2. Trevor Belmont, Leon Belmont, or Gabriel Belmont as potential echoes of Simon & Richter

3. Ken, Guile, or Akuma for Ryu

4. Protoman or Bass for Megaman

5. Sylux for Samus

I don't know about making a potential Echo Fighter of an Existing Echo Fighter and the original fighter (which Richter is more of an popular Echo choice for Simon) would work since Sakurai did confirmed that both original and Echo Fighters will share the same spot on the fighter menu? Besides that, it would add more 3rd Party reps be more than 2 per 3rd Party franchise.

Besides that, Samus already has an Echo Fighter which it's Dark Samus and Proto Man and Bass are already appears in Mega Man's Final Smash. I was think of putting Beck from Mighty No. 9 as Mega Man's Echo Fighter since Mighty No. 9 is a spiritual successor of Mega Man.

Edited by King Marth 64

Update from the 9/13 Nintendo Direct announcement: Since Isabelle is now confirmed to be a separate newcomer, not an Echo Fighter of Villager. What other Animal Crossing characters do you guys think it would work as an Echo Fighter for Villager?

5 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Update from the 9/13 Nintendo Direct announcement: Since Isabelle is now confirmed to be a separate newcomer, not an Echo Fighter of Villager. What other Animal Crossing characters do you guys think it would work as an Echo Fighter for Villager?

I'd be really surprised to see even more AC characters unless they were Tom Nook or KK Slider, though Isabelle's status as a newcomer with a few borrowed moves a la Lucas or Wolf suggests to me that characters like Dixie Kong would get similar treatment.

Here's my list:

Micaiah: Echo of Zelda. Animations reflect Micaiah's light magic, Farore's Wind is replaced with rewarp staff, and Phantom instead is replaced with either Sothe or the Black Knight. 

Celica: Echo of Robin. Limited use mechanic is replaced with recoil damage for magic attacks, except in the case of Nosferatu, which has zero recoil damage. Thunder is replaced with a spell list that goes: Thunder, Seraphim, Aura, and Sagittae. The Levin Sword and bronze sword are replaced with the Beloved Zofia and the Golden Dagger, respectively. Final Smash is her and Alm working together: she cooks the enemies with Ragnarok while he lands the finishing blow with Falchion. 

Tetra: Echo of Toon Link. Utilizes her cutlass, bow of light, bombs, and a grappling hook instead of the hookshot.

Sceptile: Echo of Greninja. Final Smash changes to Sceptile mega evolving and shooting his tree tail. 

Edited by vanguard333

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Alph: Echo of Olimar.

Umm... Alph is already in the game as Olimar's alternate costume. I think Louie has a better choice as an echo fighter for Olimar.

14 hours ago, Johann said:

I'd be really surprised to see even more AC characters unless they were Tom Nook or KK Slider, though Isabelle's status as a newcomer with a few borrowed moves a la Lucas or Wolf suggests to me that characters like Dixie Kong would get similar treatment.

Well, Tom Nook is already in Villager's and Isabelle's final smash and K.K. Slider is already in the stage in Smashville when he appears if the clock set to Midnight on Saturdays.

Edited by King Marth 64