Ken and Shadow as Echoes of Ryu and Sonic definitely seem plausible, and Zack as an Echo of Cloud would make sense too (provided Square Enix will stop being stingy with their content). And you'd think Proto Man or Bass would work as a Mega Man Echo, but their appearance in his Final Smash reduces the chances of that happening.

50 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Well, Tom Nook is already in Villager's and Isabelle's final smash and K.K. Slider is already in the stage in Smashville when he appears if the clock set to Midnight on Saturdays.

Right, I meant to say that I don't think we'd see anyone else playable from AC since those are the highest profile characters and they are clearly not playable.

33 minutes ago, Johann said:

Right, I meant to say that I don't think we'd see anyone else playable from AC since those are the highest profile characters and they are clearly not playable.

Oh wait, what about Isabelle's twin brother Digby? Do you think he be a better Echo Fighter of Villager or he better be off as a Echo Fighter of his twin sister Isabelle? I don't recall they ever used Digby in Super Smash Bros. series yet except a trophy appearance.

Edited by King Marth 64

3 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Oh wait, what about Isabelle's twin brother Digby? Do you think he be a better Echo Fighter of Villager or he better be off as a Echo Fighter of his sister Isabelle? I don't recall they ever used Digby in Super Smash Bros. series yet.

I don't know AC well enough to say anything about that, but sounds logical enough. Alternatively, they could give him the Alph treatment.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎14 at 2:51 PM, King Marth 64 said:

Umm... Alph is already in the game as Olimar's alternate costume. I think Louie has a better choice as an echo fighter for Olimar.

You're right; I forgot. My bad.

Edited by vanguard333

My thoughts on remaining/rumoured echoes:

Ken - practically a lock, he's rumoured and it makes too much sense

Shadow - same as Ken, but slightly lower odds

Medusa - not really rumoured much but she makes so much sense to me that I can't see how Sakurai would not put her in the game.

Gardevoir - iirc she's rumoured as both a newcomer and an echo, she makes sense to me as a mixed echo and I'm thinking Pokemon won't just get Incineroar

Black Knight - makes a lot of sense and was a Mii costume, but FE already got an echo so I'm not sure it'll get another 

Felix - tbh while I would love to have him playable, Golden Sun will be lucky to get one character. I don't think he'll get in even if Isaac does.

Impa - I thought she might have a shot, but now that we're getting near the end of the reveals she looks unlikely. 

DLC may add more echoes but I think the first four I mentioned, plus maybe the Black Knight, will fill out the remaining roster. I don't think Megaman will get another playable character and if SE gets another character it will be someone new. 

For DLC... I would love Celica or Micaiah as Robin/Zelda echoes respectively, Jill and Chris from RE, Malos as a Shulk echo, Impa as a Sheik/Zelda mixed echo (or as a new character at this point tbh), Black Knight if he doesn't get in the base game, and of course Isaac/Felix if either or both of them aren't in the base game.

Update from 11/1 Nintendo Direct that Ken is now an echo fighter of Ryu and Spring Man, Issac, and Shadow the Hedgehog are still Assist Trophies.

Also, Sakurai did said Ken will be the last Echo Fighter in Ultimate.

A pity, that. I would have liked to see Impa as an Echo of Sheik. Considering she likely taught Sheik all the latter knows, it would only be fitting for them to have the same moveset, or at least very similar movesets.

Edited by Lord_Brand

I'd like to see Jeanne get in as an Echo of Bayonetta. Maybe similar to Lucina, a less powerful but also less thechnically difficult than Bayonetta. She essentially functions as an Echo in the Bayonetta series already so it would fit easily.