CYL 2 FEH Channel Announced - Aug 20, 8:30 PM

Coolmanio

I swear they had better not make Brave Marth a Grand Hero Battle. Free units are great but come ON. I'll definitely send some very negative feedback if that happens.

Anyway, I think Veronica will be the green unit, Celica the colorless, Ephraim the red, and Hector the blue.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1:30pm here so easy enough in theory, although I have the bad habit of delaying my lunch break too long and thus being out when the events start.

Can't say I'm super excited about it, but the fact that they feel it's still important enough to announce in a FEH channel instead of a regular trailer increases the odds that we continue to get a free unit at least. Unless of course the free unit is replaced by GHB CYL Marth as speculated.

(From a selfish perspective, GHB CYL Marth wouldn't actually be a bad thing for me personally as long as it's in addition to the free pick. I never got more than three copies of any of last year's CYL heroes after all. Totally understand why it'd annoy a lot of people obviously.)

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Anyway, I think Veronica will be the green unit, Celica the colorless, Ephraim the red, and Hector the blue.

Any reason why? I think red sword Hector and green axe cav Ephraim make a lot more sense. Swords are Hector's second weapon, and Ephraim was mentored by Duessel, an axe cav. Also, axe cavs are needed badly in the regular pool. Celica could be a blue tome or lance user. I wouldn't mind seeing her with Seraphim. And that leaves Veronica as colorless.

And to think I caught wind of this while on reveal trailer watch...At least I took this opportunity to nab links to both the Japanese and English versions for the wiki...

Anyway, what do I think Feh would predict?  Maybe...she, he, it, whatever?!...might peg Hector for a sword, Ephraim for an axe, Celica for a blue tome, and Veronica for a colorless dagger...

Edited by shiningpikablu252

Everybody's finding really petty reasons to hate CYL before they've even seen it.

Well here's MINE. I don't like that Ephraim has Garm. Because Garmads should belong to Hector.

Also why is Hector riding a Kinshi!?

PS: Too lazy to do Bingo card, so these are my only bets.

Edited by Glennstavos

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

What if a colorless tome is added for the first time and it’s given to Veronica or Celica? I think that would be a decent possibility.

I wouldn't mind a Colorless tome category. Better than having one of them stuck as a staff user or something.

8 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

What if a colorless tome is added for the first time and it’s given to Veronica or Celica? I think that would be a decent possibility.

I doubt it. Tomes can't be inherited across colors like breaths, bows, and daggers. So a colorless tome user would be stuck with whatever tome they have. I don't think many people would switch out such a tome, but some might want to. I mean, I often see brave bow CYL Lyns. Otherwise, this colorless tome would have to be so good on the unit that no one would want to switch it and that might wind up being OP.

9 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I don't believe we will have a colorless tome... but what about a colored staff?

37 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Also the last years cyl feh channel was 6 minutes, what could be accomplished with the 2 additional minutes?

2 more minutes of Feh making cute noises, of course.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Any reason why? I think red sword Hector and green axe cav Ephraim make a lot more sense. Swords are Hector's second weapon, and Ephraim was mentored by Duessel, an axe cav. Also, axe cavs are needed badly in the regular pool. Celica could be a blue tome or lance user. I wouldn't mind seeing her with Seraphim. And that leaves Veronica as colorless.

No particular reason, really. Just feeling like they might try something unique and different, since people have been pretty vocal about not wanting another green Hector, blue Ephraim, etc.

I am surprised with this announcement! So we will have the CYL 2 in August 21st. That's mean the forging bond event will be based on the CYL banner too. But now I am curious about the GHB and Voting Gauntlet. If the VG is focus on CYL, like last year, having the GHB being Veronica makes sense, because Team Veronica needs her to get access to the extra points. Or maybe the Voting Gauntlet will be CYL 2017 Vs CYL 2018, with a CYL 2017 banner rerun.

My only hope is I would love for Celica to be staff user who gives us our first staff prf. I can settle for Seraphim or her using a lance like her brother, but I'm definitely feeling she'll be blue or colorless. As for the others I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I doubt it. Tomes can't be inherited across colors like breaths, bows, and daggers. So a colorless tome user would be stuck with whatever tome they have. I don't think many people would switch out such a tome, but some might want to. I mean, I often see brave bow CYL Lyns. Otherwise, this colorless tome would have to be so good on the unit that no one would want to switch it and that might wind up being OP.

I mean, we’re talking about CYL here. These are units that were at the top of their class for several months, and I’m pretty sure the tome would be worth using. Like you said, they’d be stuck with it, but most people keep personal weapons anyway. Brave Lyn is kinda an anomaly because firesweep/brave bows are almost always better than any legendary bow at the time including Mulagir. The other three keep their weapons. I guess they could go with a staff as a “colorless tome” but... that would be kinda lame.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't believe we will have a colorless tome... but what about a colored staff?

Barfs

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

that might wind up being OP.

I thought the whole point of CYL last year was they were all varying levels of OP - I still see Ike a lot in the Arena, anyways.

Anyways, if I were to predict, I'd say they keep Celica, Ephraim, and Hector as their normal colors(Red, Blue, Green respectively) because being creative is lame when you're a game dev and they'll all whale for you anyways, and Veronica as the one everyone picks for free so they don't have to go diving in Colorless Hell.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Either way, let double standards commence.

Don't be so glum! :):

And if this is about Marth. Well I'm not his biggest fan at all, but he is the original FE main character. A bit blasé, but he was the first to be that way, so it isn't such a problem for him.

Even so, he has had only two variants so far, despite Japanese popularity and Smash popularity. He is the star of the game that invented the franchise, which is just as important as being in the game that exported the franchise (Hector, Lyn), and the game that saved the franchise (Lucina), and yet he trails massively behind those three in alts, having had a meager one.

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I wouldn't mind a Colorless tome category. Better than having one of them stuck as a staff user or something.

Would the tradeoffs be worth it in theory compared to a Staff? Or would such a thing just obsolete Staffs?

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And the consequences of this would be...? I don't play yet, but I'm still curious how this would play out. Would it obsolete Colorless Staffs?

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

and bonus Starlight Marth

I like Gotoh, and I'd prefer Fire Emblem!Marth, but I'd be willing to accept this.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

2 more minutes of Feh making cute noises, of course.

Or they can run a commercial announcing Fehbys- Feh, but as an IRL toy, with blinking eyes, a moving beak, and lots of round feathery fluffy goodness. And a secretly gradually expanding verbal vocabulary that leads you to think Feh has a sophisticated AI and self-awareness, which causes you to fear and hence when you can't take the dread anymore you chuck them in a fireplace and make sure they melt completely before moving the sludge to a garbage can.

I kid. The commercial is for a Feh plush, for children of all ages.

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The banner runs for 3 weeks. I'm sure anyone on the fence will have plenty of time.

Yes, but what I mean is that if you don't watch Feh channel or the trailer you'd be scratching your head at what is going on when the banner comes out. Of course you'd know it's CYL now, but you really don't know the details unless you happened to watch Feh channel or the trailer. A huge part of the world sleeps when Feh channel begins. I'm not expecting everyone in X timezone to watch Feh channel at 3:30 am and then now what's coming. Once they wake up they're like "huh". And it begins as soon as it's announced so you won't really do research for what you want for free and most people summon immediately when a banner comes out. Also, you won't have time before the banner begins to carefully think what you want. Or rather, not as much time as usual.

Good, that means it will line up with the forging bonds too, I expect some sibling talk, Ephraim hating Veronica, and maybe they'll finally explain what the heroes get from contracts.

Also likely means Veronica hat accessory and Armads hat too.