CYL 2 FEH Channel Announced - Aug 20, 8:30 PM

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Stolen from the subreddit, this should put it beyond doubt that, a) tomorrow's banner is CYL2, and b) we get a free unit pick.

6QFfiGHWeBJT09Zp5dwu53zLdOWC4zmHPwINfA9o

This kind of thing should be front page material on any FEH site or forum. I suspect that since they didn't give any kind of warning, they're going to be doing some kind of... compensation.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

reminder that there's only flimsy evidence Marth will have anything to do with this, this pic didn't mean anything for Corrin or Micaiah

Marth was probably added to both just to fill empty space.

3401a4c523401b01f626a209520cfd3e.png

Normally I would agree with you but in this case it's weird, the CYL2 page originally showed all 4 winners and then New Mystery Marth as you see in the picture you put up. But then they changed it to Shadow Dragon Marth, the version of him that got a higher number of votes in CYL2. It could still mean nothing but it's a strange thing to specifically change y'know?

time for wild guesses

who do you think drawn the artworks?

and for which character?

my guesses are

hector -> kotaro yamada

celica -> akira fujikawa

veronica -> yusuke kozaki

ephraim -> sachiko wada

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ephraim doesn't have a brother though, so it wouldn't work. And if Marth is going to be a part of this, he doesn't have one either. And I highly doubt IS would make them wear a skirt/dress.

Brave Lucina didn't have anything from her father. She was dressed in her Great Lord and an original lance 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Guess I'm pulling free Celica or Marth~

If Marth where to be in here, I doubt he'll be in the banner. He could be a CYL2- themed Tempest Trials reward

48 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

reminder that there's only flimsy evidence Marth will have anything to do with this, this pic didn't mean anything for Corrin or Micaiah

Marth was probably added to both just to fill empty space.

3401a4c523401b01f626a209520cfd3e.png

Take note circumstances back then weren't the same as now. We didn't have non seasonals alts,  the occasional free hero with Tempest Trials, nor a split votes fiasco

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Brave Lucina didn't have anything from her father. She was dressed in her Great Lord and an original lance 

You still see females in pants a lot more often than guys in skirts and dresses.

37 minutes ago, Yexin said:

time for wild guesses

who do you think drawn the artworks?

and for which character?

my guesses are

hector -> kotaro yamada

celica -> akira fujikawa

veronica -> yusuke kozaki

ephraim -> sachiko wada

I really like Mayo and Chiyo's art, but I do hope Yamada draws one of them~

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You still see females in pants a lot more often than guys in skirts and dresses.

Nothing is stopping them from using an adapted version of Eirika's outfit.

Male and female Robin, for example, have essentially the same outfit, but female Robin has a tank top instead of a sleeved shirt. Male and female Corrin also have essentially the same outfit, but female Corrin isn't wearing pants.

Genderbend fan art also does this all the time, making small wardrobe adjustments to use the same designs but on more gender-accentuating attire.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nothing is stopping them from using an adapted version of Eirika's outfit.

Male and female Robin, for example, have essentially the same outfit, but female Robin has a tank top instead of a sleeved shirt. Male and female Corrin also have essentially the same outfit, but female Corrin isn't wearing pants.

Still a very weird idea to me, and not as cool as Ephraim on a horse with an axe. Sword infantry is a boring unit type these days.

I thought both Robins had tank tops? Only female Robin's is spaghetti straps while male Robin's is not. Female Corrin not having pants is awful design imo.

Another thing, Ephraim is the one mentoring Eirika, not the other way around. I'd think he'd rather want to take after his own mentor, Duessel, who was an axe cav.

Edited by Anacybele

Siblings as the "theme" makes a lot of sense and just because Ephraim has a sister and not a brother like the other three does not matter.  They could change the color of Ephraim's clothes and change up his armor to look like Erika's and they could do the same thing with Marth if he is getting a brave alt.  I have been betting on a sibling theme since the winners were announced, but I will be happy with anything.  

7 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Siblings as the "theme" makes a lot of sense and just because Ephraim has a sister and not a brother like the other three does not matter.  They could change the color of Ephraim's clothes and change up his armor to look like Erika's and they could do the same thing with Marth if he is getting a brave alt.  I have been betting on a sibling theme since the winners were announced, but I will be happy with anything.  

It's still less interesting because it's another boring sword infantry. I also don't like Eirika and think she's boring, so I would really prefer that Ephraim not go cosplaying as his sister.

Axe cavalry is still a needed movement type too, so I think this makes more sense for Ephraim. Personally, if he is dressing up like Eirika, I'm not going to want him anymore. But I would be happy with literally anything else.

Edited by Anacybele

Before the login bonuses tomorrow, I'll have 17 orbs to mess around with (four leftover from the weekend, nine from the BHB clears, and four from the current Arena season's closing). I'll probably go get Hector so I won't pine for him unlike his every other incarnation—it took eight or nine months before I got my first OG one, the LA! iteration came in the dying hours of that respective banner, and I've yet to get the Legendary version.

My batting average (if such could be called) for the CYL was pretty good last year—I was able to get all four of them over the course of the whole banner's period, so I figure it'll be fine to get the safe choice for me, at the very least.

Edited by Karimlan

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's still less interesting because it's another boring sword infantry. I also don't like Eirika and think she's boring, so I would really prefer that he not go cosplaying as his sister.

Axe cavalry is still a needed movement type too, so I think this makes more sense for Ephraim.

I agree that axe cav Ephraim would be great, I have just been trying to come up with a good "theme" that makes sense and a mentor one is hard to do since neither girl really has one.  I am trying to keep my hopes low since I would rather be surprised then have my hopes dashed.  

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I agree that axe cav Ephraim would be great, I have just been trying to come up with a good "theme" that makes sense and a mentor one is hard to do since neither girl really has one.  I am trying to keep my hopes low since I would rather be surprised then have my hopes dashed.  

Even though there was a theme for the first CYL, I don't think there always has to be one.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Celica has Mycen. 

Veronica doesn't have one, but Bruno is close enough.

7 hours, 7 GODDAMN HOURS. Been waiting forevah for my Brave Heroes 

49 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Crack prediction: Veronica gets Zacharias' lance.

That doesn't sounds so bullshit to me tho 

Okay, so crazy theory time:

Spoiler

We have a GHB with CYL. I think there's a possibility of Loki being it. It would make sense, what with her high rank in CYL, her ties to Heroes' story (which the CYL units will likely share) and the attempts by IS to make staves great again lately it wouldn't be out of place (or they do an alt for her, who knows?).

As well as that, we'll get Marth somehow. While we got a lot of events, there's a good chance at least one wasn't mentioned as there was no hint of tomorrow being CYL at the time it came out. Even with the current events, there's GC (which has precedent for putting units in the general summoning pool), Forging Bonds (which could, it's only ran once so far.) or even the next legendary banner (which is red!) or something out of left field like the next Voting Gauntlet.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eirika has a horse on promotion.

So does Ephraim, and he already has a horse version in the game as well. Sword cavalry is a bit better than sword infantry, but not by a lot. I'd still rather see axe Ephraim.

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So does Ephraim, and he already has a horse version in the game as well. Sword cavalry is a bit better than sword infantry, but not by a lot. I'd still rather see axe Ephraim.

I really hope that he's not a cavalry unit, but rather an armored unit. I want the sibling theme to be true because a red colored armor for Ephraim is the only other way to make him interesting for me.

Edited by Drakhis
ambiguity

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Okay, so crazy theory time:

Hide contents

We have a GHB with CYL. I think there's a possibility of Loki being it. It would make sense, what with her high rank in CYL, her ties to Heroes' story (which the CYL units will likely share) and the attempts by IS to make staves great again lately it wouldn't be out of place (or they do an alt for her, who knows?).

As well as that, we'll get Marth somehow. While we got a lot of events, there's a good chance at least one wasn't mentioned as there was no hint of tomorrow being CYL at the time it came out. Even with the current events, there's GC (which has precedent for putting units in the general summoning pool), Forging Bonds (which could, it's only ran once so far.) or even the next legendary banner (which is red!) or something out of left field like the next Voting Gauntlet.

Spoiler

i think the ghb unit could be normal veronica

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i think the ghb unit could be normal veronica

That's also a good idea, I'm considering Loki because she's a more prevalent villain right now and she was the 3rd place character in the women's poll.

Then again, if certain things are true with the story that would really make Veronica the most likely bet.

The problem with the sibling theme, as good as it is, is color representation. Ephraim would go Red, Celica would go Blue, but Veronica would also be Blue, and Hector would either be Blue, or, to go by FE7's unused NPC data:

Uther

Class: General (M)
Affinity: Anima
Weapon Ranks: Axe S, Lance A

Axxxxeeeeeee!

And no Colorless in sight. Assuming they wanted to do color symmetry again, which they might given the hint they'll be giving another free pick.

If Marth somehow got in on the sibling fun, he'd be packing some Staffin'. Aum perhaps (Marth should be a pure/noble enough soul to use it)? Assist that is "One guaranteed Miracle proc for a unit for one turn."? Sounds like some good utility.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

Celica has Mycen. 

Veronica doesn't have one, but Bruno is close enough.

Meh. Xander is more of her everything now. As for the others, I can see them giving Ephraim Duessel’s armor which would basically make him into a red Ephraim in appearance. Celica could probably take after her mother, Conrad or even Saber. Hector could get armor based on Eliwood, Uther, Oswin or even Darin. Veronica is the wild card here but I hope she takes after Xander.