Choose Your Legends 2018 (Arrival of the Brave): August 21 ~

Coolmanio

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Celica supposed to be referencing her Gaiden artwork? Odd choice.

I've already decided that if one of these four is a staff user, then it's my pick. But I'm lacking in a Distant Counter Blue armor unit so Hector is going to hurt a little to pass up. Surprised they didn't go crazy with new movement/weapon combinations. Veronica could easily have been a flying staff user to pull in the big bucks.

Going Veronica. I only 3 healers, Maribelle, Elise, and B!Lyn compared to everyone else.

Is it just me, or does Celica look more like a villager than the princess? I like how her art is similar to the art from Echoes. 

Ephraim looks werid in that armor. 

At least Hector isn't weilding an axe.

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

I love Celica's new art, I'm also wondering if Death Blow 4 is inheritable 

I hope not. nothing says power creep like a whole new skill tier. now everyone with death blow 3 will need an update. FUN! (not)

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Is Celica supposed to be referencing her Gaiden artwork? Odd choice.

I've already decided that if one of these four is a staff user, then it's my pick. But I'm lacking in a Distant Counter Blue armor unit so Hector is going to hurt a little to pass up. Surprised they didn't go crazy with new movement/weapon combinations. Veronica could easily have been a flying staff user to pull in the big bucks.

I actualy think that was a clever way to make her more distinct.

So glad I showed restraint with the Hoshidan Festival banner so I could go nuts with this one.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Surprised they didn't go crazy with new movement/weapon combinations. Veronica could easily have been a flying staff user to pull in the big bucks.

It seems to me that IS had tended to introduce new movement/weapon combos with seasonal units first, then gradually adds them to the regular summoning pool slowly.

Hmm, not really super stoked about any of them (which is actually a relief because I can keep saving orbs!), but definitely appreciate all of them! Veronica is cool, I really like her! And Hector WITH A LANCE is awesome. Love the artwork there. I think I'm going with Hector because even though I don't really need a Lance Armor unit (I love my Eliwood), I really like the artwork and would probably use more. And I can dip into colorless for a little for Veronica, maybe.

I wish Ephraim wasn't an axe armor I have too many of them already, but alas. I really expected more of Hidari tbh, I don't think Celica looks good. Hidari usually does such a gorgeous job so I think maybe I got spoiled, because I grimaced at Celica's artwork.

But Death Blow 4?! Is that inheritable? It won't sway my free pick, but makes me wonder if new "4" skills are on the horizon. 

1 minute ago, Sunsurge said:

But Death Blow 4?! Is that inheritable? It won't sway my free pick, but makes me wonder if new "4" skills are on the horizon. 

Also, why do i feel like they will start introdcing new skills with 4 levels, where none of the levels are in the 3-4 or 4-5 star pools, just to force people to pull two copies of a unit every time they want to inherit.

1 minute ago, sirmola said:

Also, why do i feel like they will start introdcing new skills with 4 levels, where none of the levels are in the 3-4 or 4-5 star pools, just to force people to pull two copies of a unit every time they want to inherit.

Because if it's inheritable that's EXACTLY what they'll do.

Speaking of, Veronica's C-skill is great. Throw that on freaking PA!Azura so when she supports Lucina or Robin they get quite the boost. Actually Close Guard would be great on like 4 different units. And Veronica is growing on me, soooo I might have to revaluate my free pull, because I kinda want her + fodder versions.

None of them really scream "pick me" this time, it's fairly even. Of course, Celica being infantry pretty much knocks her on the head straight away, but I have no real preference between the remaining three. Wonder which one will be most useful for F2P strats?

Ephraim is, to me, just a better Amelia, and would be a 1:1 replacement by simply providing Armor March and being able to auto-double instead of relying on speed. However, just like Amelia, he lacks DC.

Hector, likewise, is just a better Hardin if the latter is given a QR seal. Doubling in both phases and DC, same schtick, but obviously should do so a fair bit better.

Veronica is on a horse. I use horses a lot. I also don't have any Razzle Dazzle horses at the moment so her having it out of the box is very appealing. On the downside, being able to build a Razzle Dazzle horse is something I'd eventually be able to do anyway with any of the horse healers.

After watching the trailer again, I suppose my pick will be either Hector or Ephraim. Hector looks like he's powercreeping himself again, but he still won't take the sole blue spot on my armor team, because Lyn exists. But Ephraim is one of my favorite characters in the series. Decisions, decisions.