Choose Your Legends 2018 (Arrival of the Brave): August 21 ~

Coolmanio

14 minutes ago, Noir said:

I actually fully agree! I was really excited, I woke up at 4:30am to catch it, and in the end after not getting a focus unit 200 orbs in and only having my free B!Hector, i'm like "eh...i'm not fussed enough to keep going". They just aren't as meta changing and unique as CYL1 was. Heck, even more recent units have been more meta defining than these guys. 

Armoured units needed something really unique to be different enough, since Grima and Christmas Lissa/Hardin basically changed how armours work, and Hector's been powercreeping himself gradually for a while now anyway. So their unique things being more follow ups/specials/better counters? It's not as unique or as exciting as, say, Steady Breath, or the first Galeforce-abusing Horse, and NONE of them come close to being as meta-changing as Brave Lyn was and still is. I can still run Firesweep Brave Lyn and she still stands as potentially the best unit in the entire game. Brave Ike changed defensive teams forever with the inclusion of the breathes, Brave Lyn and Brave Roy changed horse emblem to a degree we still see today and Brave Lucina...I mean, she was the best blue duelist and buffer for a while. 

These guys...? Eh. Celica has been done before by Swordhart, Elincia and even Alm, she's just a slightly different take on the doubling/quadding. Hector is very similar to Hardin, Ephraim is just another amazing green armour to go with Grima, Hector, LB!Hector and L!Hector. The only unique one here is really Veronica, but her staff is basically Peshkatz support with healing abilities...so Sothe with a staff on a horse. I'll just keep my +7 Watersweep Sothe for support, and if your healer is beating something up rather than healing, you'd probably have been better with another unit, like Medic Sigurd/Medic Maskcina/Micaiah

Yeah! Someone that understood me.

For unique skills that can be inherited: Veronica has Windfire Balm+, which is a great support skill, but I can see a lot of players keeping their healers with Heavenly Light (and only now I notice the "+" in the skill name, so there are chances to get "plus" versions of previous healers special skills, like Kindle-Fire Balm+). Ephraim has Special Fighter, which is a way better version of Guard, but I prefer to use Vengeful Fighters in my enemy phase units and Bold Fighter in my player phase unit. With his weapon, Ephraim would work pretty well with Desperation. Celica has a tier 4 skill, which is not that fancy. Why she has Atk Tactic? She would work better with a Atk Wave skill. Hector doesn't have any new unique inheritable skill. None of this skills is amazing like the introduction of Steady Breath, which change the game a lot!

The one surprised thing is all F2P players has access to a free wrathful staff?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

For some reason I thought this event would take place in early September. I don't want to know which dark spirits went through my head to make me think that.

Anyways I'm out of orbs because I burnt all for trying to get Micaiah. Ended with Elincia instead.

Maybe I can do 3-4 full circles from this banner because it still lasts for three weeks, but I dunno to earn much. If I pulled one focus at least with whatever natures, I'd be absolutely happy.

I didn't know it was coming so soon either, burned through all my orbs just this morning trying to get Sothe. Spend over a hundred and eventually got him...as a four star unit. T.T Still have a high pity rate built up on that banner, but I think all remaining orbs will be going towards this banner.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah! Someone that understood me.

For unique skills that can be inherited: Veronica has Windfire Balm+, which is a great support skill, but I can see a lot of players keeping their healers with Heavenly Light (and only now I notice the "+" in the skill name, so there are chances to get "plus" versions of previous healers special skills, like Kindle-Fire Balm+). Ephraim has Special Fighter, which is a way better version of Guard, but I prefer to use Vengeful Fighters in my enemy phase units and Bold Fighter in my player phase unit. With his weapon, Ephraim would work pretty well with Desperation. Celica has a tier 4 skill, which is not that fancy. Why she has Atk Tactic? She would work better with a Atk Wave skill. Hector doesn't have any new unique inheritable skill. None of this skills is amazing like the introduction of Steady Breath, which change the game a lot!

The one surprised thing is all F2P players has access to a free wrathful staff?

I mean, Windfire Balm is nice, but there just isn't the competition for healers specials unless you're trying to build one for arena, in which case Veronica coming with a Prf makes her better by default. 

Special Fighter is a perfect skill to go alongside a breath, but i'm with you and i'd still rather just go with the assured follow up.

Death Blow 4 is an odd one. Firstly, you'd keep Celica for that amazing artwork even if you didnt use her. But secondly, I don't think it makes her compete with Ayra and Karla. I'm not even sure they'd want Death Blow 4, there's just so much competition in A Skills. Atk/Spd Push, Brazen Atk/Spd, Atk/Def Bond, Life and Death or Distant Counter. I'm not honestly convinced Death Blow 4 is optimal even on Celica, if you boost her speed up she's got enough to base to quad almost everyone. Give her Swift Sparrow or Atk/Spd Bond if you wanna compliment the Royal Sword. 

I think as the dust settles and the hype dies down people might realise this isn't as innovative or as exciting as we hoped it would be : (

Edited by Noir

4 minutes ago, Noir said:

Special Fighter is a perfect skill to go alongside a breath, but i'm with you and i'd still rather just go with the assured follow up.

I am not sure, but does Special Fighter stack with Steady/Warding Breath?

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am not sure, but does Special Fighter stack with Steady/Warding Breath?

Oh, good point. I guess it would be a bit too much for B!Ephraim to get -3 cooldown every time he's attacked, lol. 

*sigh* 350+ orbs and only 3 off focus 5* units to show. Two of which are in the 4* and 5* star pool. At least Ephraim is a new addition to my hero catalog. I initially just planned on sniping blue for Hector and getting Veronica as my free summon but about half my stash in, I finally decided to pull both blue and colorless. Needless to say, I'm disappointed, both in my pulls but also not for pulling colorless earlier. I knew, at least prior to the banner, that I'll be pulling colorless on the ToD banner for ToD!Sakura and ToD!Jakob so I'll have plenty of chances to get some units from the colorless pool with the intention of avoiding it for now. Should have known 3 Oboro's in a row to start the session were a bad sign. I suppose I've been decently lucky recently so this bad luck was due.

On the bright side, Effie and Cordelia both got a merge and I finally pulled a +Spd Cordelia! One was the merge and the other one is +Spd/-Res so I'll be sitting on that one. 

@mampfoid Just realized that if they do a Galeforce banner, it's going to be all red's: BH!Celica, Lyn, and BH!Roy. 

I have chosen Celica. I like her the most out of the heroes and I know that at some point I would like to fodder her for A skill if I get another copy of her.
Armored units are somehow uninteresting outside of +10 projects, at least this is my point of view.

The banner lasts till mid september, so there is no need to be in pull rage mode. 

1 hour ago, Noir said:

The only unique one here is really Veronica, but her staff is basically Peshkatz support with healing abilities...so Sothe with a staff on a horse. I'll just keep my +7 Watersweep Sothe for support, and if your healer is beating something up rather than healing, you'd probably have been better with another unit, like Medic Sigurd/Medic Maskcina/Micaiah.

Veronica and Sothe are very similar and different in the same time. The main difference between both is that Sothe causes physical damage and Veronica causes magical damage. Veronica can safely attack any foe, while Sothe can only attack the unit that his sweep skill affect. However, Sothe has access to various really good A-skills, like Life and Death, which Veronica doesn't have access to this type of skill because she is a staff user. Also, Veronica is a 5* exclusive and Sothe is a 5*-4* unit.

If I were you, I would also keep the merged dagger unit.

Started to think which unit I should pick for free later on, so let me know how your new brave heroes perform. Already got Hector, but I find the rest appealing too. Ephraim is great, because I'm still struggling with Armor Emblem, Veronica is great, I don't have Elise anyway, and Celica seems to be great for Arena scoring right out of the box.

5 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Started to think which unit I should pick for free later on, so let me know how your new brave heroes perform. Already got Hector, but I find the rest appealing too. Ephraim is great, because I'm still struggling with Armor Emblem, Veronica is great, I don't have Elise anyway, and Celica seems to be great for Arena scoring right out of the box.

We have a year to decide it right? Maybe you can wait at least until the end of the CYL banner, then get the one you didn't get from the banner or for other reason.I already got my because Veronica was the only one that  excited me.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Did my pulls and got +atk/-def Hector and +HP/-spd Ephraim. Neither are ideal, but both are workable. Hector is getting BL+ ASAP for 54 attack and 40/28, 44/39 on EP, defenses. QR5 killer weapon is nice, but it seems like he'd prefer the QR seal and the def boosts of BL since 40 attack is still 40 attack.

Ephraim makes me wish I had spare DC.

Still trying to decide between Veronica and Celica. Based on gameplay, it really seems like I should go Veronica since I have plenty of good sword infantry, and she's a pre-built wrazzle-dazzle, but Celica... 

Anyway, pretty good haul given I only had about 140 orbs, and considering saving the free summon until toward the end. I do wish I'd been better about saving orbs though. Who am I kidding, I'll probably go Celica since I've never been partial to Ronni, and I'm no overly fond of her art.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I just realized: Celica is fast and I was very lucky to get a +SPD copy with my second summoning session. 

Only Karla (+1) and Mia (+2) have higher SPD stats, but Celicas sword gives additional +3 SPD. That's 45 SPD without A-skill/seal/buff (on a Brave unit). Wanted to give her Swift Sparrow, but she seems already fast enough (another layer of dust on my spare BH!Lyn). 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

*sigh* 350+ orbs and only 3 off focus 5* units to show.

Sorry to hear you weren't as lucky as me this time. Good luck with your next pulls. 

I think your original plan was good, colorless has still a lot of units without much SI value. After so many orbs it's normal to get impatient though. 

On the bright side, Effie and Cordelia both got a merge and I finally pulled a +Spd Cordelia! One was the merge and the other one is +Spd/-Res so I'll be sitting on that one. 

Oh cool, I've never gotten a +SPD Cordelia (without -ATK), that's a perfect base. 

@mampfoid Just realized that if they do a Galeforce banner, it's going to be all red's: BH!Celica, Lyn, and BH!Roy. 

Ouch, you are right. They don't run 3*/4* units (except Klein) on the skill banners anymore?

On the other hand: I want merges for Roy, I still want my first Lyn and Celica is the only unit with DB4 so far (perhaps I would merge her too). Not a bad banner at all. 

Edited by mampfoid

8 hours ago, sirmola said:

I doubt it, because we know gunthura will be back on the next banner. In fact, we know the next hero must be red because of who has been confirmed to return. I highly dought he would be a red hero.

Oh not as a legendary, I mean as a normal unit on the banner which will presumably be from the same game as the GHB unit.

Anyway, I pulled my free Ephraim and spent around 130 orbs on blues but no luck. Nowhere to put him for now though. The thing with these Braves is that they don't feel as necessary as the first batch, since we're so far into the game now and have so many good units. I'm already satisfied with my armour team and don't really want to replace LA Hector. 

Well I blew what I had plus most of my remaining Google play balance of ~16 dollars. Not a single 5*. But then again I didn't even push my pity over 4 yet so not too bad. I am mostly doing full pulls right now. All of them are interesting. Ephraim the least if only because the green armor pool is absolutely bloated with high powered competition. Celica and Veronica are the ones I want most. Celica's art is just *love* so I will put up with her being a foot sword. And Veronica is just interesting. Hector has interesting dual phase going on. But I have Hardin so . . .

I got Veronica as my free summon. I used 80 orbs in this banner and got a Ryoma and a Veronica. Although my free unit was Veronica, I will continue summoning in colorless orbs. I need some Lucius for merges and Veronica herself will like some merges as well. My 2nd Veronica is +Def -HP so I will keep my free neutral one.

I'm disappointed that Celica is yet again occupying the Red color. A Sword unit no less. She should have switched with Hector and be a Blue unit (either be a magic user or using Lances like her brother; Hector could have gotten a variant of Durandal while retaining his theme).
She is also the only one who doesn't have a reference to her family (Hector -> Uther, Ephraim -> Fado, Veronica -> Bruno) despite SoV introducing Conrad. Well, we have to keep him irrelevant, huh?
Doesn't help that she is introducing a bad precedent with Death Blow 4. By far the worst outing of the 4 Brave Heroes and that's even more disappointing if you consider that she is 1st place for the women division.

Ephraim is another Green Armor. It's not like we're drowning in them, right? I really wished he was a Great Knight instead, referencing Duessel in some sort of form because Sean Connery here has little chance to be in the game. Now the only thing left is to hope for that but I doubt that he would get Garm considering its effect (also why more Atk, this thing was amazing in SS with its Spd boost).
Speaking of which his weapon pretty much carries him compared to other staple Green Armors like Grima or Legendary Hector. The combination of Garm and Special Fighter makes him quite formidable since he is only the one who can double everything while retaining the cooldown reduction.
Is it just me or does he look more mature?

Hector getting Maltet is a bit odd. Sure, he has the option to marry Farina but it's a far-fetched link to Illia nonetheless. Durandal would have made more sense since he is from Lycia and a descendant of Roland (plus him swinging a giant blade around makes sense character-wise).
But still hoo boy this guy is going to be a pain in the butt. He is going to double in every phase while he can choose any Sacred seal and use Ignis over Bonfire due to the cooldown reduction. Doesn't help that he hits like a truck with his personal DC that casually slips in Sturdy Stance. Great.

Leaves us with Veronica who is the most interesting. She doesn't break any BST levels but her staff is very interesting No Ploy potential is a bit annoying though she still can just retain her innate Close Guard or choose a Tactic/Drive passive.
She is also one of the few characters that have a different Special portrait.

I'm probably getting Veronica as the free pick. Aside from Hector this CYL doesn't interest me at all and hopefully Celica is an isolated case, otherwise I don't want to know what kind of skills are going to get improved versions.
Since the GHB was confirmed I'm pretty sure that this month's Legendary Hero is Marth.

After constant alts, this banner does nowt for me. I thought I'd pick Ephraim and go but they managed to make him my second least needed unit/weapon type (after infantry sword). I have Hector, Hector, Chrom, Grima and Henry for my green armour slots - two of whom have armour march now (since my Grima got it added). Even his art doesn't seem as good as Legendary Ephraim's to me (I know, this is subjective).

Hector... Eh, I have two of him and prefer his valentine art.

Celica - I like that they went with the more retro outfit, but I have no use at all for another sword infantry, no matter the skills and stats. Plus I've always found her a bit... meh.

Veronica - The only one I don't have and one I'm tempted by, if only 'cos she'll be likely to use in f2p guides. I'm not overly fussed on Veronica, though, so not sure.

Last year, I went with Roy and was happy. This year, none of them appeal past the point of free 5* to the point it's hard to pick. I won't use the one I get for skills because I always keep on copy of a unit, so won't even go off that. It's between Veronica, as the sort of new character, and Ephraim for favouritism, but... eh...

I'm way more excited for the GHB character :D

Edited by Cute Chao

5 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I'm disappointed that Celica is yet again occupying the Red color. A Sword unit no less. She should have switched with Hector and be a Blue unit (either be a magic user or using Lances like her brother; Hector could have gotten a variant of Durandal while retaining his theme).
She is also the only one who doesn't have a reference to her family (Hector -> Uther, Ephraim -> Fado, Veronica -> Bruno) despite SoV introducing Conrad. Well, we have to keep him irrelevant, huh?
Doesn't help that she is introducing a bad precedent with Death Blow 4. By far the worst outing of the 4 Brave Heroes and that's even more disappointing if you consider that she is 1st place for the women division.

Ephraim is another Green Armor. It's not like we're drowning in them, right? I really wished he was a Great Knight instead, referencing Duessel in some sort of form because Sean Connery here has little chance to be in the game. Now the only thing left is to hope for that but I doubt that he would get Garm considering its effect (also why more Atk, this thing was amazing in SS with its Spd boost).
Speaking of which his weapon pretty much carries him compared to other staple Green Armors like Grima or Legendary Hector. The combination of Garm and Special Fighter makes him quite formidable since he is only the one who can double everything while retaining the cooldown reduction.
Is it just me or does he look more mature?

Hector getting Maltet is a bit odd. Sure, he has the option to marry Farina but it's a far-fetched link to Illia nonetheless. Durandal would have made more sense since he is from Lycia and a descendant of Roland (plus him swinging a giant blade around makes sense character-wise).
But still hoo boy this guy is going to be a pain in the butt. He is going to double in every phase while he can choose any Sacred seal and use Ignis over Bonfire due to the cooldown reduction. Doesn't help that he hits like a truck with his personal DC that casually slips in Sturdy Stance. Great.

Leaves us with Veronica who is the most interesting. She doesn't break any BST levels but her staff is very interesting No Ploy potential is a bit annoying though she still can just retain her innate Close Guard or choose a Tactic/Drive passive.
She is also one of the few characters that have a different Special portrait.

I'm probably getting Veronica as the free pick. Aside from Hector this CYL doesn't interest me at all and hopefully Celica is an isolated case, otherwise I don't want to know what kind of skills are going to get improved versions.
Since the GHB was confirmed I'm pretty sure that this month's Legendary Hero is Marth.

She references Alm though, who's her chosen family.

Is noone adressing the Elefant in the room existing? Special Fighter 3? Guard and -Blade effect tucked into one with just a HP threshold of 50%? Ephraim will be scary with this skill as long as he has buffs on

That skill is beyond broken on Fast Armorers or on Armorers that can prevent doubles and double in Return, or have high mixed bulk. Some units rely on specials to kill Armorers. I mean just tuck in Amelias and Zelgius with Goad Armor all over the place and good night bitches!

Edited by Hilda

In the end, despite not using staves lately  (my main team can go through a whole TT session), I picked Brave Veronica as my free. Despite my team's effectiveness in TT, they are seldom effective in infernal GHBs and LHBs. Time to put a powerful staff user on test. I'm not going to bother with this Brave banner, as I rarely get successful pulls in standard banners. I'm usually more successful in Legendary Banners, as, if I'm not getting my desired hero, I can at least walk away with other competent units. Seriously, got more than a copy of BIke and VLyn 

Edited by Midnox