Tier 4 Skills

Jingle Jangle

18 minutes ago, Johann said:

Dunno why anyone would be upset over 2 more Atk

I think it’s more about the precedent it sets than what the skill itself does. Will more skills become obsolete (even some good ones like Life and Death or Fury) in favor of of these fancier, likely locked to 5* units? It just leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Ah good, after a year and a half, someone finally explained what Atk does to me, because I'm 4 years old and just mashing the screen randomly when I play

I don't really see how good, or otherwise, you are at the game affects why I think DB4 is bit of an odd choice to start with as the first level 4 skill.

...I suppose I should apologize for daring to have opinions different from yours.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Shouldn't look at Prfs for skill balance.

Urvan has like 5 different deflect effects and is a killer weapon.

Urvan was released before the seals it powercreeped in advance. 

But I guess you are right about prfs. Any chance that my Klein will be able to learn DB4? 

Edited by mampfoid

YES!!! MY REINHARDT IS HAPPY!!!

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

What would Bold Fighter 4 do? Enable the effect when unit is at negative 50% HP? :P

Maybe they can add a third new effect. Having Desperation always active would be nice. OR, instead of counting down by Specials by 2, it can count them down by 3! Brave-Luna-Bold Fighter new meta!

44 minutes ago, Time the Crestfallen said:

Tier IV skills being inheritable is absolutely ridiculous and I despise it, but I find it amusing that limits on skill inheritance means that in theory, you'd have to kill an entirely seperate unit for DB 1  and then sac Celica for 2, 3, and 4.

Effie and Hawkeye are in the 3*-4* pool along with Klein, so Death Blow 1 is not exactly hard to find as long as you are not a free player with limited Orbs.

35 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I don't think they'd make Tier 4 skills of EVERYTHING. Like let's just be realistic. But there are definitely a fair amount of skills that could use a 4. So I for one am excited about some Tier 4 skills. Not excited about them being exclusive and limited to 5* only units that are hard to get. 

I think so too. I do not think they are going to give every skill a boost, especially skills like Bold Fighter (although I would not mind it if they do), but some skills like Brash Assault do need a boost.

38 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think it’s more about the precedent it sets than what the skill itself does. Will more skills become obsolete (even some good ones like Life and Death or Fury) in favor of of these fancier, likely locked to 5* units? It just leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths.

They'll get over it. That new skills like this can exist should be seen as increased opportunities, since they're not taking away the old skills or making them "obsolete", they're expanding them. It's good for the same reason Slaying Edge+ being added was, ultimately, very much good.

I'm willing to see where this go 1st, but I'm not liking the idea of another tiers for whales. Although nothing so far has reinforce that notion.

Edited by Zangetsu

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Tier 4 skills? Doesn't have Hector's Lance Quick Risposte 5 in-built? 

They might not be linear. If they ever do a QR4, I'd expect it to have the 50% threshold rather than 60%, and Brash Assault 4 would probably have the 75% threshold.

I have no idea how to feel about this, tbh.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Same here. I hope it's not the first step on the ladder to 6* rarities. 

I don't think a traditional 6* rarity is realistic, since it'd mean telling people (particularly whales) that their 5* +10 units are now worthless. Improving the skills available at 5* feels like a replacement for that, and this is far from the first instance of it.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think a traditional 6* rarity is realistic, since it'd mean telling people (particularly whales) that their 5* +10 units are now worthless. Improving the skills available at 5* feels like a replacement for that, and this is far from the first instance of it.

I hope you are right. I'm curious if and how they will make DB4 available for units like Klein, Effie and Hawkeye. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I hope you are right. I'm curious if and how they will make DB4 available for units like Klein, Effie and Hawkeye. 

They might make it accessible through a weapon refinery-like feature. Or they might just make it inheritance only. Hard to say.

It's like Slaying weapons, but Slaying weapons weren't introduced through a CYL unit. If they have plans for such a "skill refinery" and aren't saying anything now, people who sacrifice their Celicas for DB4 will likely be pissed when it's announced later.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's like Slaying weapons, but Slaying weapons weren't introduced through a CYL unit. If they have plans for such a "skill refinery" and aren't saying anything now, people who sacrifice their Celicas for DB4 will likely be pissed when it's announced later.

Slaying weapons (Nephenee, September 2017) where introduced before weapon refinery (Version 2.0, November 2017?), so perhaps there is a similarity. 

I'm thinking that Lv.4 skills might be a rare addition for popular skills, Death Blow was already a good choice for any offensive builds. Brazen skills already replaced Defiant skills, I don't see them being a future addition, but surprise me IntSys.

Maybe Legendary units get some of these powercreep skills. Although I'm not sure which popular skills would make good Lv.4 skills yet.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I think it will be inheritable given how her B skill certainly won't. Hey it's either this or 6 star rarity characters. Bring on the power creep. It's a Brave new world we live in.

fuck your new world

We will probably not receive a Tier 4 of each skill... we took 7 months to have access to the 4 smoke skills (still waiting for panic smoke), so I believe will take a while to have access to all Lv 4 blow skills. I don't believe we will see LaD 4, Fury 4, Vantage 4, Desperation 4, Tier 4 of Fighter Skills... I can see 1 stat Blows , 1 stat Stances and seals to receive Tier 4 versions.

This is not the end of the world... it's just IS don't having original ideas for skills and decide to refine old skills.