Are there any other classic designs you'd like to see?

Jotari

So I'm sure I'm not the only one surprised to see the classic incarnation of Celica, I thought for sure we'd be getting her Overclass design. But I think it looks really good on her, I wasn't a fan of the classic box art Celica, but seeing her dressed in that outfit with her modern appearance works much better than I expected. So with that being said, (without devolving into an argument about no more alts) are there any other classic designs for characters you'd like to see?

Pantsless Marth is an answer you'd probably hear a lot. Its a funny meme, but I also think the design itself could work unironically if they did't make it a joke or too much fanservice. There was this fan image floating around that could do the trick or a cipher art to drew inspiration from.

There is also bowlcut Alm with his....interesting armour.

Other then that not really actually. Most of the old art just wasn't very good.

5 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Pantsless Marth is an answer you'd probably hear a lot. Its a funny meme, but I also think the design itself could work unironically if they did't make it a joke or too much fanservice. There was this fan image floating around that could do the trick or a cipher art to drew inspiration from.

There is also bowlcut Alm with his....interesting armour.

Other then that not really actually. Most of the old art just wasn't very good.

There's Deen with his original ridiculous hair. Course we're still waiting on regular Deen first. Maybe we wouldn't be waiting on regular Deen if they kept his silly hair instead of giving it to a random boss.

Oh yeah, forgot about young Rudolf. Would love to see Young Rudolf. Albeit that scenario would be different to the Celica example as he seems to more or less wears the same armour in Gaiden, but just as a completely different face.

57 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh yeah, forgot about young Rudolf. Would love to see Young Rudolf.

I agree. I always thought that Rudolf in Echoes seemed too old ...

Spoiler

In Echoes, he looks like the grandpa of Alm than his father.

I'll agree with pantsless Marth. We have so many pantsless females that it'd be nice to see the original pantsless male get his outfit back :)

Besides, if meme guys are gonna get in, might as well make it a meme I like ^.^

Hmm what constitutes as "classic?" Are we talking game age, like FE5 and before? Just any character's original outfit (as opposed to seasonals, outfits based off of loved ones, or whatever else)? Only characters from games that have been remastered?

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm what constitutes as "classic?" Are we talking game age, like FE5 and before? Just any character's original outfit (as opposed to seasonals, outfits based off of loved ones, or whatever else)? Only characters from games that have been remastered?

We'll say old designs that aren't being used any more. So mainly from FE1-3 which have had remakes that greatly changed appearances, though there's probably a few designs floating around for later characters that have had aspects altered in further appearances since their release.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

We'll say old designs that aren't being used any more. So mainly from FE1-3 which have had remakes that greatly changed appearances, though there's probably a few designs floating around for later characters that have had aspects altered in further appearances since their release.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not too familiar with that era, and what tiny opinion I have in that bracket has already been said. So, it's not much, but the Roman soldier look that one artist did for Marth based off of his original design was pretty cool.

I think the only characters that count for "classic" designs are those from old games that have been remade, namely FE1, 2, and 3.

The biggest problem with those designs is simply the fact that the art from FE1 and 2 simply hasn't aged very well. Pantsless Marth and Gaiden Celica are really the only two I can think of that make sense to have in Heroes due to being both distinct enough from their modern designs and not looking outdated or bland.

Other than that, it's really just some of the FE3 art from the old TCG that I could see actually being used, namely some of the more distinctive promoted art in Series 6.

I would love to see Linde, Rena, and Merric in their Bishop outfits and Caeda in her Dragon Knight outfit.

This might not be a "classic" design, but I would like to see Young Prince Zephiel, the happy, striving boy that he was before the assassination attempt on his life. Just give him a new-and-improved Eckesach that the adult Zephiel can refine his own into, as has been done in the past. And make sure at least one of his dialogues is him reminiscing about playing with Guinivere, 'cause really...

image.png.6d64f6e9944920b4acfa8ee5d82613b3.png

It may just be FE7 official artwork, but still, this is just too adorable! <(-^o^-)>

2 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

This might not be a "classic" design, but I would like to see Young Prince Zephiel, the happy, striving boy that he was before the assassination attempt on his life. Just give him a new-and-improved Eckesach that the adult Zephiel can refine his own into, as has been done in the past. And make sure at least one of his dialogues is him reminiscing about playing with Guinivere, 'cause really...

image.png.6d64f6e9944920b4acfa8ee5d82613b3.png

It may just be FE7 official artwork, but still, this is just too adorable! <(-^o^-)>

I would love and Eckesach that has Distant Counter built in like the original game.

16 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Lachesis

What’s wrong with Lachesis’ design (not talking about Miwabe’s style here)? Her Heroes design was very obviously based on her design from the Genealogy manual in the colour scheme and the overall construction of her outfit. The TCG and subsequently Cipher went with the all-pink approach for her, while Heroes returned to the roots, so to speak. The “classic design”, if you may.

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

On one hand I think old Hector with the beard would be a great one, but on the other I think we have enough Hector in the game already.

Really wish Love Abounds Hector and Eliwood were the old versions of the characters, since the whole point of those incarnations is that they're hanging out with their kids.