Good morning or good evening, relative to the time of day you are viewing this.

Pavel

Hello there,

I have been a long-time lurker here on Serenes. I hope to meet people with similar interests et cetera.

The story of how I got into FE is quite unorthodox if I'd say so myself. One day, I was casually browsing the Steam Workshop for EU4 and I stumbled upon a mod which changes countries' flags to pics of animu girls. Not really interested in downloading it I looked at the comments. Between the usual "REEEEE WEEB TRASH" and "help it doesn't work" (all in broken English) I saw a suggestion to add Fire Emblem characters to the mod. Hmst, what's this Fire Emblem? I thought. After promising myself to check it out I went to sleep and forgot about it for about three months.

After these three months a friend of mine told me that he found an interesting game series. Guess what that game series was, yes, Fire Emblem. We started with FE7, then played through SS (he played through Ephraim's route, I played Eirika's). After those games we both started playing PoR, he never finished it after losing his save files, I also started playing FE6 and Genealogy and that's it about my FE story.

PS

I'm planning on introducing my other friend to FE, however I don't know how to start this initiation. They're a big fan of Heroes III and strategies in general. I'll probably introduce them through FE7, just how I got into the series. I would kindly like to ask you for some tips as to how to tackle this matter.

FE7 if he has never seen FE before (Lyn Mode is essentially a tutorial on how to FE).  Once he's familiar with the controls, weapon triangles, and general stat interaction, move him to FE8, Eirika's route on Normal.  From there, he can start ramping the difficulty up.

Anyway, welcome~!  Don't forget to read the rules and all~!

(end generic greeting)

Welcome to the Forest, Pavel!

Well, yeah. That was an unorthodox way. I highly recommend you to introduce FE to your friend by using FE7 or Sacred Stones.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

i guess fe is known for waifus now, though its definitely pretty weird to see that happen. my intro was through my eccentric uncle who gave me a reject birthday present because my cousin didn't have a gba or ds, and accidentally started my obsession with the series, but i think that your intro does top mine tbh. 

anyways, don't forget to early promote and have a nice day.