What are some fun FE4 challenge runs?

gjuptonv

The ones I've tried so far are:
- subs only 
- iron-man
- subs-only iron-man no inheritance (excluding holy swords and Altena)

I've been debating whether or not I should try a no-mount run, but considering the size of the maps in FE4 it feels as if that would be extremely tedious. Solo-Sigurd became tedious quickly.

So what are some FE4 challenge runs you'd recommend?

On 8/26/2018 at 9:17 AM, gjuptonv said:

The ones I've tried so far are:
- subs only 
- iron-man
- subs-only iron-man no inheritance (excluding holy swords and Altena)

I've been debating whether or not I should try a no-mount run, but considering the size of the maps in FE4 it feels as if that would be extremely tedious. Solo-Sigurd became tedious quickly.

So what are some FE4 challenge runs you'd recommend?

Minor holy blood only, or possibly no holy blood at  all.

What I think I will call the odd event run, seek out the alternate dialogues most people do not see like:

Have Azel die before Arvis talks to you in the prologue

Kill Ayra before taking Genoa

Kill Sandima before recruiting Deirdre

Have Dierdre die before taking Verdane/Augustria castle (pro points if you can manage the alternate recruit conversation for Dierdre and still have her die before taking Verdane)

Kill Eldigan

Kill Daccar before conquering Silesia

Talk to Aida before killing Reptor

Get the Arden Secret event where he has a wife (because who does that)

Have Seliph visit the village with the meddlesome grandfather

Conquer Sophara/Isaach after killing Dannan

Have Julia die before taking Rivough/Alster/Meath/Thracia

Kill Altena as an enemy

Conquer Luthecia after killing Hannibal

Conquer Chronos after Rados

"Kill" Julius in chapter 10

Kill Julius with Seliph while both Manfroy and Julia are alive (make sure Seliph is dismounted when he lands the killing blow to avoid a glitch)

Plus get the ending where Seliph is only surviving King/Queen, and Grannvale basically stays as the continent spanning empire.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:04 AM, Joe Cool said:

there's also the "pair up units with redundant/shit inheritances for the kids"

ala

Levin x Ayra, Holyn x Ayra, Claude x Lachesis, or even something like Arden x Fury.

Aside from Tailtu kids, Sylvia's kids, and Sety with a physical father, children will be more usable than their substitute. 

Levin x Ayra actually will turn out pretty usable. Continue and critical will mean plenty of kills. I actually wish to try it out, but Heroes is devouring my interest right now. HolynxAyra is also decent, since you get a 50% chance of either Moonlight or Shooting star sword activating. 

You could do a minor blood run only, or only pair the ladies with gents with no holy blood. There's surprisingly a lot of good pairings that can come from that tbh. A decent set of no holy blood fathered children could be: (NOTE: for those like Edain and Lachesis who's best choices already don't have holy blood, here's another option)

Spoiler

Edain x Fin- gives Lester good physical stats and his talk with Lana in Ch.7 will boost her magic stat greatly.

Ayra x Jamke- actually really good for their strength and skill. Crits for days.

Lachesis x Noish- They have a cute lovers' conversation. That's it.

Sylvia x Dew- Easy for these two to buy things since they struggle to make money by themselves.

Erinys x Alec- Gives Fee Nihil, which gives her arrow immunity IIRC. Ced is Ced… but he's still usable. Just give him a magic ring.

Briggid x Beowulf- Gives Patty swords and decent offense (for a thief)

Tailtiu x No one- Sorry, Her only good options have holy blood. Every other iteration is worse than the subs, so just use the subs. Linda is fun anyways.

Another possibility if you're not interested in that one is:

Spoiler

Edain x Beowulf- Gives Lester good Strength and Charge. Lana's a staffbot so who cares what Beowulf gets her.

Ayra x Dew- Astra and Sol make for a pretty great combo tbh

Lachesis x Midayle- tbh this is lowkey trash, but this is a challenge run anyways and at least Diarmuid gets pursuit.

Sylvia x Arden- Lene will be a lot harder to kill with her dad's defensive growths, a defense ring, and the defense sword. She also gets quite a bit of strength, so Combat Lene FTW.

Erinys x Noish- Fee is pretty great all around. Ced is Ced… still decent though.

Briggid x Alec. They have a cute lovers' conversation... sorta. Oh well, Faval will always be good and Patty is mediocre most of the time anyways.

Tailtiu x No one- Linda is fun.

Or just mix and match.