Is there a possibility of Surtr showing up as a Stage Boss?

MilodicMellodi

Due to the new soundtrack "Gear Up For...", we now know that Fire Emblem Heroes will have at least some influence in SSB Ultimate. I talked about it with a friend of mine, and we were talking about the Askr Trio, Veronica, and/or Bruno likely showing up as assist trophies. Some minutes down the line, he came up with the idea that Surtr could possibly show up as a Stage Boss (like Dracula) or even as a Brawl-inspired Boss in what is highly likely going to be Ultimate's version of Subspace Emmisary.

The idea seems pretty damn hype, tbh. I'd like to know what you guys think about it.

Do people actually like Surtr? I thought he was really unpopular. Seems an odd pick to me.

Then again almost any FEH-specific content would surprise me (outside of easy stuff like music and trophies of course). I think even most FEH fans would rather that content came from the main FE series.

I hope not. Surtr is more of a plot device than an actual villain. This series has incredibly well-realized villains like the Black Knight, Lyon, and Zephiel who are far more deserving. Hell, even less well-written villains like Garon would be far more interesting than Surtr could ever be.

Edited by Etheus

fire emblem boss fights are too straightforward to make stage bosses out of, as for surtur, ehh... I just don't see it, heroes has little to work with and I feel like you would be better picking from a series with more distinct boss fights.

unless they could make a boss fight with 3-13 archer, in which case I would be very happy, or at least give him a trophy.

It would be nice a chance to vent out on a otherwise hateable character.

There some better choices in my opinion. Cheif among are Ashnard & Anankos. Medeus seems like the best choice overall since he represents the majority of the main antagonist fighting styles/gimmick. I would say Grima but unless they make him/it a literal boss stage fight I'm not sure if ok with a shruken Grima.

11 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

fire emblem boss fights are too straightforward to make stage bosses out of, as for surtur, ehh... I just don't see it, heroes has little to work with and I feel like you would be better picking from a series with more distinct boss fights.

unless they could make a boss fight with 3-13 archer, in which case I would be very happy, or at least give him a trophy.

Just because ingame boss mechanics are simplistic does not mean that the boss fight potential is not there. Almost any moveset from any game is going to involve a degree of creative liberties because fighting games are more demanding than most other genres from an animation perspective.

45 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Since Marth is the de-facto FE fighter, I'd say Medeus would be the de-facto FE boss.

I dunno. Marth might be Iconic but Medeus certainly isn't, in fact he's probably the least iconic big villain from Archenea.  He's not particularly impressive or beloved.His dragon form also isn't nearly flashy enough to make it into the game. Its just a big boring brown/black dragon. 

If FE gets a boss its going to be either Grima or the Black Knight. Grima might even pull double duty as an enemy for Marth. They're from the same world, Marth is the one who created the line that opposes Grima and he could be a stand in for Medeus without being handicapped by Medeus lack of....well, everything. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

15 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Since Marth is the de-facto FE fighter, I'd say Medeus would be the de-facto FE boss.

That makes no sense - I would much sooner expect Gharnef, who is the Big Bad of the Archanea saga at large.

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That makes no sense - I would much sooner expect Gharnef, who is the Big Bad of the Archanea saga at large.

I thought I'd read something about that. I almost brought him up, but I figured some fans might want him to become playable at some point as FE's original evil Sorcerer. Though if we're being honest, Validar or Iago would serve much the same purpose and are much more popular characters.

Edited by Lord_Brand