August’s Legendary Hero - Marth: Hero-King (August 28 ~ )

Coolmanio

Marth fans can rest happy now that  Marth looks pretty great from the looks of it. The ultimate dragon killer with some great other skills as well makes him look like one of the best sword units in the game.

I won't spend too much on this banner since i'm waiting for the fe4 banner, but i'll do maybe like 2 rounds and hope for the best.

As for the legendary banner itself i'll limit myself to red and green.

Red has 3 amazing units that I don't have yet. That colour will have my priority.

Green has Vector and Gunthra which I don't have and a not -speed bunnyfonse would be nice too.

I'll stay away from white. I already got Spring Kagero, Faye and Lgrima and Lgrima can stand to take a break as well.

I also have all the units from blue so i'll be skipping that colour too.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Marth fans can rest happy now that  Marth looks pretty great from the looks of it. The ultimate dragon killer with some great other skills as well makes him look like one of the best sword units in the game.

I won't spend too much on this banner since i'm waiting for the fe4 banner, but i'll do maybe like 2 rounds and hope for the best.

As for the legendary banner itself i'll limit myself to red and green.

Red has 3 amazing units that I don't have yet. That colour will have my priority.

Green has Vector and Gunthra which I don't have and a not -speed bunnyfonse would be nice too.

I'll stay away from white. I already got Spring Kagero, Faye and Lgrima and Lgrima can stand to take a break as well.

I also have all the units from blue so i'll be skipping that colour too.

I won't rest happy until they allows OG Marth to get Exalted Falchion!

Now that I've sat down and taken another look at L!Marth... oh my God... he's ridiculous.

For starters, his weapon gives an obligatory +3 SPD, but on top of that every buff he gets is essentially doubled? So not only does he turn into an offensive whirlpool if he's buffed with ATK or DEF tactic but if he turns into a titan if buffed with DEF or RES tactic. With Matthew's influence he's basically a God.

Then for his special he's got essentially Regnal Astra with a built in buff. The SPD percentage is taken down a bit but he's buffed for basically +8 to all stats after he triggers it which isn't hard with it's MOONBOW tier cooldown. Then we have the most utterly ridiculous B skill which basically turns him into a dragon delete button. I mean... wow. If you add him to your arena core and +10 him, when you get into dragon land you basically win the arena. There's no challenge, at all. I understand that the B skill is useless when you aren't fighting dragons but if this isn't the most braindead, utterly busted dragon counter I've ever seen then I'm crazy. And his weapon and special alone makes him a threat against any other threat.

Then as icing on the cake let's just toss Flashing Blade on anyone near him, including healers in case you want to do nasty things like Flashing Blade Miracle on Brave Veronica which you couldn't do before. It's astounding that ATK/SPD Bond is actually the weak link skill here. I can't think of anyone who'd be in their right mind to fodder off this titan of a unit. After Ayra and Karla I didn't think an infantry sword could shock me with their sheer might. B!Celica is amazing, but she didn't wow me and she has a clear weakness in her lack of self sustain after proccing her B-Skill. This man here, has no weakness. If you're fighting dragons, the battle is over before it starts, if you're not fighting dragons, you can put something like Wrath in his B slot and still wreck everything. All this and we haven't even seen his statline which is guaranteed to be superb regardless. I'm expecting OG Marth stats with a few more points in... just about everything and maybe a few drops in something like RES.

I haven't pulled a powerful Infantry sword since Ayra on the very first Legendary banner. Every other powerful sword unit I've pulled has had a crippling bane. (-ATK/-SPD Mia, -ATK FH!Celica). I really want him. Darn it...

He's S+ tier. I'll be shocked if he's anything other than that. If it wasn't for the new Arena system that forces you to use bonus units, you could just +10 him and you basically win the arena.

PS: I wonder if Chrom will get access to the Exalted Falchion.

Oh thank goodness. Marth means 0 things to me and I really dislike the artwork, so I can finalllllly save some more orbs. A few extra copies of Spring!Alfonse and LA!Hector would definitely be a plus for merging purposes. Will throw a set amount of orbs at them, but otherwise can save.

I just wish L!Lucina was coming back sooner. Also kinda glad Hrid didn't show up yet, because I did NOT have enough saved for that. But really glad the only color I want is Green and even then it's just for merging and not me wanting a unit.

Oh look, Marth is this month legendary hero & has the Fire Emblem.

Who could've seen this coming, not me, absolute not. No siree.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:38 PM, Zangetsu said:

Lodestar Marth would be nice. Especially if he came with the Fire Emblem. Would be really really nice to see Marth finally wield the Fire Emblem with Falchion

Well,  I didn't think he would be an exalt when he gets announce & Falchion is upgraded to Exalt Falchion

It's weird that I'm not more happy about this occasion.

Can't tell if it's because he's not a free unit like the rest of the CYL or it's because Marth only allow to have one more alt before people despise him for having a 5th in the future.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

He's S+ tier.

I'm having a hard time putting him in S+ unless his stats are miles ahead of his original version's.

Under Gamepedia's rating system, Exalted Falchion is limited to only +8 in two stats, which restricts his potential by a lot. Fire Emblem is also only slightly stronger than Moonbow in terms of combat power with its real value coming from its buff effect. Binding Shield, while giving him incredible match-ups against dragons (that he already has good match-ups against due to Exalted Falchion), does nothing against everything else, making the standard Wrath a better all-round pick for the slot and Slaying Edge the weapon pick.

Unless Gamepedia allows him to have more buffs (or IS gives him an incredible stat spread), in terms of pure combat ability, I can't see him any higher than S-, but his buffing capability with Fire Emblem can probably bump him up a tier to S.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

welp ultimate dragon killer arrived. Next week is gonna be hell for Dragons in Arena i guess?

Just use Triangle Adept + Panic Ploy on Nowi and the problem is solved.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I dont use Dragons so this isnt affecting me at all. But its kinda funny because LMarth forces Dragons to be a Playerphase units when someone runs only Dragonemblem.

Now all we need is a Dragonstone breaker skill to counter the current meta of Steady Breath and QR so ranged units can become Dragon killers too!

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I dont use Dragons so this isnt affecting me at all. But its kinda funny because LMarth forces Dragons to be a Playerphase units when someone runs only Dragonemblem.

Dragons already had to do that with Bold Fighter, Firesweep, and Dazzling Staff in the mix. This is nothing new.

And female Grima was already an amazing player phase dragon. Dark Breath and Windsweep was already a good build for her as a coverage option.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dragons already had to do that with Bold Fighter, Firesweep, and Dazzling Staff in the mix. This is nothing new.

And female Grima was already an amazing player phase dragon. Dark Breath and Windsweep was already a good build for her as a coverage option.

There is somethign different though against L!Marth. He denies any follow up attack on player or enemyphase of Dragons. I mean they cant counterattack anyway if he attacks. but he denies them follow up attacks and makes one himself. So yeah Triangle Adept Nowi will die to a LMarth, especially because of Fire emblem activating guaranteed once in that battle and if he runs Steady Breath then it activates twice. I am not sure a Triangle Adept nowi can survive that.

Its really simply. Put Micaiah and LMarth into one Team and you are set up for any Arena shenanigans. (AA is somethign different).

EDIT: nvm my calculations are off, its too early in the morning

Edited by Hilda

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

I find myself rolling my eyes at people claiming they "always knew" the gender pattern would be broken. We didn't know anything really and Intsys might well have decided to simply roll with it for a lot longer. I am happy they didn't, but this was far from predictable.

I think the reaction has been less "I totally knew that was going to happen"  and more a response to people who stated matter-o-factly that "It's going to be a female red hero because of this pattern, and IS never deviates from patterns" when it comes to speculation.

Edited by NekoKnight

MAR MAR @Lau OMG WE HAVE LEGENDARY MARTH

I need him!!!! Unfortunatly I have the other 2 red units but idc. I'm missing all colorless units, only have Alfonse from green and have all units from blue so red is my priority.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm having a hard time putting him in S+ unless his stats are miles ahead of his original version's.

Under Gamepedia's rating system, Exalted Falchion is limited to only +8 in two stats, which restricts his potential by a lot. Fire Emblem is also only slightly stronger than Moonbow in terms of combat power with its real value coming from its buff effect. Binding Shield, while giving him incredible match-ups against dragons (that he already has good match-ups against due to Exalted Falchion), does nothing against everything else, making the standard Wrath a better all-round pick for the slot and Slaying Edge the weapon pick.

Unless Gamepedia allows him to have more buffs (or IS gives him an incredible stat spread), in terms of pure combat ability, I can't see him any higher than S-, but his buffing capability with Fire Emblem can probably bump him up a tier to S.

I somehow expected you'd make an obligatory post mentioning the sheer superiority of Slaying Edge >_>

Come to think of it is there that many weapon that actually edges Slaying Edge so far? Excluding obvious "slaying edge but wait theres more!" variants of course

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I think the reaction has been less "I totally knew that was going to happen"  and more a response to people to stated matter-o-factly that "It's going to be a female red hero because of this pattern, and IS never deviates from patterns" when it comes to speculation.

It still comes off as an "I told you so!". After close to a year of consistency, assuming such a pattern is far from ridiculous, even if there was no guarantee that Intsys would always follow it. In any case, if they were annoyed by "the next one will totes be female, definitely" I don't see how "Yeah, I knew all along that wouldn't happen, suckers!" is any better behaviour. Oh well, I don't even have a horse in the race since I am more than happy for Marth. It's just something that jumped out at me.

Ok, let's see: 

• colorless:
    Please come home Grima! I failed on all her banners so far pulling always colorless, now the time has come (hopefully). Would be cool to get my first Faye as well. Kagero would be my unwanted pity breaker, already got a perfect +ATK copy. 
    Snipe color #1

• red:
    Marth looks cool and I don't have a fire legendary hero. His OG variant is the only Falchion I don't have at 5* (plus missing Cav Chrom), but I don't need another sword infantry. 
    Don't have Reinhardt and Lene, but I don't miss them.
    Overall skip, Backup color #1

• green:
    Having Gunnthrá (even if -SPD) and not needing LA!Hector, leaves only Alphonse. Wanted to get him from his banner to make him a Galeforce unit, but now BB!Marth is doing his job. 
    Overall skip, Backup color #2

• blue:
    Having Fjorm (obviously) and Lucina, makes me want only Nephenee (a little). 
    Overall skip, Backup color #3

Not the perfect banner for me, but I fear we won't see Grima for a long time once we get a second colorless legendary. Will probably use all my orbs (62). 

@Michelaar Cool new avatar, didn't know you liked Cordelia as well. 

56 minutes ago, Zeo said:

PS: I wonder if Chrom will get access to the Exalted Falchion.

I don't think that will happen. Sealed Falchion (and Omni-Bond Falchion) remained exclusive to the Awakening Falchion users. Perhaps OG Marth will get it, but it's less than sure since it's also a weapon of a legendary hero. L!Hectors Armads version remained L!Hector-exclusive so far. 

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, let's see: 

• colorless:
    Please come home Grima! I failed on all her banners so far pulling always colorless, now the time has come (hopefully). Would be cool to get my first Faye as well. Kagero would be my unwanted pity breaker, already got a perfect +ATK copy. 
    Snipe color #1

• red:
    Marth looks cool and I don't have a fire legendary hero. His OG variant is the only Falchion I don't have at 5* (plus missing Cav Chrom), but I don't need another sword infantry. 
    Don't have Reinhardt and Lene, but I don't miss them.
    Overall skip, Backup color #1

• green:
    Having Gunnthrá (even if -SPD) and not needing LA!Hector, leaves only Alphonse. Wanted to get him from his banner to make him a Galeforce unit, but now BB!Marth is doing his job. 
    Overall skip, Backup color #2

• blue:
    Having Fjorm (obviously) and Lucina, makes me want only Nephenee (a little). 
    Overall skip, Backup color #3

Not the perfect banner for me, but I fear we won't see Grima for a long time once we get a second colorless legendary. Will probably use all my orbs (62). 

@Michelaar Cool new avatar, didn't know you liked Cordelia as well. 

I don't think that will happen. Sealed Falchion (and Omni-Bond Falchion) remained exclusive to the Awakening Falchion users. Perhaps OG Marth will get it, but it's less than sure since it's also a weapon of a legendary hero. L!Hectors Armads version remained L!Hector-exclusive so far. 

Kinda weird because Leprechaun Lance does get transported to Ephraim

GL on Grima though im focusing Red since i want to get the last Marth copy

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Then as icing on the cake let's just toss Flashing Blade on anyone near him, including healers in case you want to do nasty things like Flashing Blade Miracle on Brave Veronica which you couldn't do before.

Brave Veronica is Cavalry, not Infantry. Infantry Flash only works on Infantry allies. Now on the other hand if we were talking about Maria, Bride!Lyn, or Serra....

Anyhow, I for one love this new hero. The thought of finally being able to make perfect use of Delthea again is very appealing. The potential of using weapons like First Bite+ and/or Peshkatz alongside him is also pretty nice. Obviously one should avoid trying to use Buffing Dances with him, as with his Fire Emblem special skill these buffs will be pretty much useless, and so should prioritize skills like Wings of Mercy instead if they are going to give him a Dancer.
Speaking of acting again, his kit is very welcoming to the inclusion of Galeforce...giving him Flashing Blade as his seal, combined with Exalted Falchion's effect, makes him very capable at eliminating multiple units per turn. Not to mention that with the permanent Spd bonus his weapon gives in combination with any +6 Spd field bonuses (Wave, Tactic, Balm+, etc.), giving him Desperation as a replacement of Binding Shield isn't a bad idea either. Wrath also wouldn't be a bad idea.... I wonder if Life and Death would be an acceptable replacement for Atk/Spd Bond, so he doesn't have to stick like an Armor Emblem unit to his allies all the time, and getting at least +3 Def/Res from an ally's skill makes up for the loss in defenses.
Hmm...for this banner, I think I'll be sticking to Reds and Blues for Legend!Marth, Nephenee, and Lancina. Legend!Marth for obvious reasons, Nephenee for the Wrath inheritance, and Lancina because I want to start merging my own Lancina into an eventual +10. For the last one, I've already got plenty of inheritance on her in ALL categories so I think giving her some merges would be the best for her.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Kinda weird because Leprechaun Lance does get transported to Ephraim

GL on Grima though im focusing Red since i want to get the last Marth copy

Yeah, forgot about Ephraim. So there is hope for OG Marth (and those totally weak and helpless Hectors). 

Thanks! Good luck getting Marth! 

Just realized his C-skill is practically "Drive Flashing Blade". Too bad it's still infantry only, but perhaps I'll give him a try if Grima comes fast. 

That ain't Hrid!

Also, Marth's skills look amazing, no lie. I kind of regret promoting regular Marth, though at least he's different for playing style. This guy though? Fast seems to be his nature. From his special being really cool and unique to straight up telling dragons to screw themselves, the Hero King looks amazing. Let's hope (and can likely assume) his stats hold up.

As for everyone else, Red looks nice with him, Lene and Zweihardt (much as I'd rather not pull him he only has Neutral as is), Blue has Fjorm, Lancina and Nephenee, where I'd only want Nephenee in practice because of wrath to be honest (the others would be fodder and merges in that order), Green has Gunnthra, Hunktor and Bunfonse, where I could take any of these units as I only have Hunktor and his nature ain't great and Colourless has F!Grima, Bunnero and Faye, two of which I have and the other is not enough to convince me to pull.

So this time? Red > Green > Blue > Colourless.

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That ain't Hrid!

Also, Marth's skills look amazing, no lie. I kind of regret promoting regular Marth, though at least he's different for playing style. This guy though? Fast seems to be his nature. From his special being really cool and unique to straight up telling dragons to screw themselves, the Hero King looks amazing. Let's hope (and can likely assume) his stats hold up.

As for everyone else, Red looks nice with him, Lene and Zweihardt (much as I'd rather not pull him he only has Neutral as is), Blue has Fjorm, Lancina and Nephenee, where I'd only want Nephenee in practice because of wrath to be honest (the others would be fodder and merges in that order), Green has Gunnthra, Hunktor and Bunfonse, where I could take any of these units as I only have Hunktor and his nature ain't great and Colourless has F!Grima, Bunnero and Faye, two of which I have and the other is not enough to convince me to pull.

So this time? Red > Green > Blue > Colourless.

Regular Marth is still awesome. They both fullfill different roles. Regular Marth is one of the best support melee units out there with Renewal and drive buffs as a buffer/Healer that can step in when needed. While Leg Marth is purely a Dragon/melee killing Machine with Fire Emblem. If anythign then Regular Marth is actually better because he is more versatile compared to Leg. Marth. Remember FEH is all about Team composition and Regular Marth can fit into any Team and be worthwhile and push that Team. Leg. Marth is just a killing machine.

Edited by Hilda

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I somehow expected you'd make an obligatory post mentioning the sheer superiority of Slaying Edge >_>

Come to think of it is there that many weapon that actually edges Slaying Edge so far? Excluding obvious "slaying edge but wait theres more!" variants of course

The only weapon that can compare to Slaying Edge in terms of sheer nuking power is Wo Dao, which is why Nameless Blade and Vassal's Blade are so ridiculous. For armors, you also have Brave Sword, and for fast fliers, you also have Firesweep Sword, both as superior player-phase options at the cost of the enemy phase.

Among exclusive weapons that aren't just Slaying Edge or Wo Dao with more things tacked on, you have Amiti, Meisterschwert, Royal Sword, Blessed Zofia, and all of the non-prefixed Falchions having effects good enough to compete (partly because half of those are better versions of Brave Sword).

You can also add Alondite to the list not because it is itself good but because the only characters that can use it have access to Black Luna and Bold Fighter/Vengeful Fighter.