Streets of Rage 4

Jedi

After 24 years we are finally getting a new Streets of Rage game. I'm so happy right now.

It's one of my favorite beat em up franchises of all time.

Same here, although I was also hoping for a collection/remake in the likes of the fan SOR Remake that got jumped on by SEGA. Maybe they'll call the original composer for this?

8 hours ago, Rapier said:

Same here, although I was also hoping for a collection/remake in the likes of the fan SOR Remake that got jumped on by SEGA. Maybe they'll call the original composer for this?

I certainly hope Yuzo Koshiro comes back for this yes.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

I certainly hope Yuzo Koshiro comes back for this yes.

*Name looks very familiar*

Indeed, the same composer as that of Etrian Odyssey and the 7th Dragon games. Which given their recency, means they're still quite active, and should have the will to do so if they aren't busy.

I have so many questions about these characters being aged up. If Skate isn't a teenager anymore would he be justified in returning? Or is it so far in the future we can play as his illegitimate son, Scooter? Will Roo's short life span keep him from returning? And what's the recycle by date for Zan?

But really my returning character of choice would be Max. He was my main in 2 and was shocked he didn't return in 3. His damage output from a grab is insane.

My favorite part of this trailer is the Grand Upper. So much cooler than a shoryuken.

My favorite character is Adam and he's ditched in two of the three games. Then the SOR fan remake fixed that. Then SEGA retconned the SOR fan remake with a cease and desist note. Good times.

14 hours ago, Rapier said:

My favorite character is Adam and he's ditched in two of the three games. Then the SOR fan remake fixed that. Then SEGA retconned the SOR fan remake with a cease and desist note. Good times.

Yeah poor Adam has been relegated to supporting role since 1. I don’t know if that’ll change here considering the trailer just focused on Axel and Blaze.

Sorry to say.

The only classic beat-em-up game I've played is Final Fight 3 and I've been eyeballing similar games that I may want to try for a little while now. Streets of Rage always looked pretty good, so with a new game on the way maybe it's a good time to give one a shot.

That is if I can find the money for it.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Yeah poor Adam has been relegated to supporting role since 1. I don’t know if that’ll change here considering the trailer just focused on Axel and Blaze.

Sorry to say.

He likely will. Axel plays just like him in both SOR 2 and 3.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, Rapier said:

He likely will. Axel plays just like him in both SOR 2 and 3.

He lacks Adams basic combo though! Haha that lifting kick was so fun.

On 8/30/2018 at 12:19 PM, BrightBow said:

The character designs most certainly leave a good first impression. I hated Axel's painted on T-shirt and Blaze's wrongly colored legs.

I’m honestly surprised how much I like bearded Axel.

Axel, what did they do to you!? I'm not really digging the change in art style here at all. Maybe Lizardcube can pull out the time machine again and gimme some pixels and sprites like in Dragon's Trap (with gorgeous Koshiro FM soundtrack on top :>)