If you can own a business, what would you own?

XRay

Owning a strip club would be my first choice, but I will talk about my second choice instead: Arcade/Karaoke hybrid!

I do not really care about people stealing my ideas because I think competition is good and I think I can do just as well if not better than others, and I am pretty sure I am not the first one to come up with these anyways.

So, why an arcade/karaoke hybrid? I want to give people a place to hangout and have a room for themselves to chill while having lots of entertainment options. Karaoke is nice and all, but it gets a bit boring after an hour, so having an arcade in the business will help retain customers and that they will have a private place to retreat to after playing games. Customers are encouraged to bring their own boardgames and gaming consoles, but they can rent one from the business too.

I have not done the math yet nor the market research, so I am not sure if it is feasible in Sacramento. We have an arcade/bar hybrid in Downtown called Coin Op, but that is always packed and I am not a big fan of crowded places. The closest Dave and Busters is like an hour away in an adjacent city.

Used bookstore would be my number one choice since the only bookstore in my area is Barnes & Nobles and they only carry new books and then only for about two months and they don't have it after that.  I would also sell used video games and anime.  Sadly I don't have the ability to do this now, but I would love to do this someday.

A coffee shop.

A platform for selling games online, like Steam.

A place where people could reunite and play games for a fee, not necessarily being restricted to video games.

I've thought about starting a small geographic information systems company, but it's too much effort to put one together and my job is far too good to give up for such a risk. If I had to relocate or something, I probably would.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:28 PM, XRay said:

Owning a strip club would be my first choice, but I will talk about my second choice instead: Arcade/Karaoke hybrid!

Why not a Karaoke-Arcade strip club super hybrid???

On 8/27/2018 at 6:28 PM, XRay said:

I want to give people a place to hangout and have a room for themselves to chill while having lots of entertainment options.

-Aracade
-Karaoke
-Titties

...yeppppppppp...the pieces fit...

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Why not a Karaoke-Arcade strip club super hybrid???

I do want that, but I am not sure how long the thread would stay up if I went into detail. There are sooooooo many ideas I want to try out.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Titties

And speedos too. I want to objectify men and monetize it. I think the female population is a huge gold mine that the adult industry does not seem to tap into, or maybe they do tap into it but I never noticed.