Rate the Above Poster's Ridiculous Invention

Randoman

In this thread, rate the above poster's ridiculous invention, and come up with a ridiculous invention of your own. The rating can be a practicality rating, a humour rating, or you can do a separate rating for both (though if you're sticking to one of the former two, please state or make it clear if you're doing a practicality or humour rating).

Also, please keep your invention ideas safe for work. And don't make an invention that subtly or non-subtly bashes on an existing product, company, or person.

As an example:

- - - - - - - - - - -

Poster 1:

Fruit flavoured socks.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Poster 2:

Practicality: 2.5/10 Eww...

Humour: 7/10 It's ridiculous and amusing enough.

A wasp vacuum, which is specifically meant to vacuum up wasps and kill them, and can even work on entire wasp nests.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Poster 3:

9.3/10 I want 5 of them, especially with how often wasps sting me. (note: even though they're not specifying it's a practicality rating, their comment heavily implies it, so that's okay)

A cell phone that successfully replicates the bad breath of the person you're talking to.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I guess I'll start with the same ridiculous invention I posted for the example: A cell phone that successfully replicates the bad breath of the person you're talking to.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. The real question is, does it still replicate breath if said breath isn't bad? Also, whose definition of bad breath are we using here?

Anyways, my rating overall would probably be like 2 out of 10 - it'd make me hate phone calls even more, but on the other hand I talk to literally nobody on the phone and would just use this as another device to play FEH on.

A device that summons characters from games/history/books into your world, allowing you to obtain multiple copies of your favorite heroes, villains, and in-betweens, building anything from a private army to your own personal harem since everyone you summon is for some reason super chill with anything you have them do. We'll call it...how about...Breidablik?

A device that can be used to predetermine your own dreams, effectively allowing you to decide what you'll dream before you go to sleep - want to dream about terrorizing the world atop your personal giant spider steed? Check. Want to dream about being the very best, like no one ever was? Check. Want to dream about having your own personal harem of your favorite game characters? Uh, no, didn't you read the 'Safe For Work' restriction above? Go dream about sandwiches or something.

Hmm... as much as I'd like to predetermine my own dreams, at the same time, there's something more fun about going to sleep not knowing what strange things will fill your head before you wake back up. Not to mention if I got to determine what dreams I had, I'd never want to wake up, my life would spiral into an endless cycle of eating and sleeping until I died from a multitude of health problems :sob:

10/10 for originality

6/10 for the potential risk of driving the many users of the device into a perpetual need to sleep instead of accomplishing anything, but it still sounds fun while you have a grip on your sanity :mellow:

How about a mouse that has the nagging voice of an overbearing mother, that speaks up to judge your search history and tells you about that one time her sister got her identity stolen because she clicked on a blue link, without specifying what link it was, so just don't click any of them, okay? The internet is bad anyway, it rots your brain, go play outside.

6/10; Cool idea, but unless the gun is really small (and by extension, the transformer as well) it would be quite impractical.

Goggles that invert color. (E.g. blue becomes orange, black becomes white, green becomes red, etc.)

8/10, could be useful for people wanting to get into stand up comedy.

Underwear that change to the same color of whatever pants you're wearing at the time. When not wearing them, they retain the color of the pants you last wore.

that sounds like about a 7/10, mostly because i cant think of a single instance of when the colour of my underwear has mattered, but it sounds nifty

a video game controller that increases input lag in direct proportion to the amount of salt you have while playing.

10/10.
I'd give buy a box of them and give them as gifts to youtubers (who I can't specify because of the rules).

A Waluigi game where instead of actually doing anything adventurous or heroic, you sort of go around Waluigi's Apartment block and set traps for other residents/steal from them and otherwise be a jerk. Luigi's Mansion... meet Waluigi's Apartment Complex. And no, it won't help him get in Smash.

9 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

3/10 I actually cut up my socks when I was a stupid kid and it was horrible.

I still do, unfortunately.

37 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

A glass hammer 

10/10.

Two gloves of a matching set that grant cryokinesis and pyrokinesis by absorbing and exerting heat. Interchangeable for both hands.

3/10 one face palm and you're in for a bad time

A small black cuboid that when eaten teleports outside your stomach and restores itself to perfect condition

Sounds like a bigger bicycle.

8/10 for practicality

1/10 for originality

A collar that can be remotely activated to (harmlessly) neutralize the wearer's voice.

2/10. Maybe helpful in extreme cases, but would ultimately have massive repercussions on the social and mental health of our society, especially if it's repeatedly used by several people to repel the same person.

A helmet that can style your hair so that you don't have helmet head when you take it off.