Rate the Above Poster's Ridiculous Invention

Randoman

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/10 there are enough of those.

A video game where you're supposed to be the hero, but your actions get more and more immoral until you realize you've been the villain the whole time.

54 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

1/10 there are enough of those.

A video game where you're supposed to be the hero, but your actions get more and more immoral until you realize you've been the villain the whole time.

10/10

In regards to my question, do you have any recommendations? I love how in the X series you can dash and fire the buster and rush through the levels if you wish. Killing the bosses in those games with just the buster is also fun.

How about a free word processor that includes a way to put accent marks and that little thing over the n like in piñata (if someone knows of such a word processor, I’d like to know about it).

9/10 it'd be better if it was a keyboard that does that.

And nope, not familiar with Megaman at all, so no recommendations.

Pills that make farts smell like roses.

2/10

An open world (or "open galaxy" in this case) mecha RPG video game co-written by Hideaki Anno and Tetsuya Takahashi with a main character who is an 18 year old Casanova type character and the best hope for a fleeing group of humans in a giant space battleship with a giant robot traversing the galaxy to find sanctuary from an alien civilization bent on their destruction.  The game offers the player the ability to romance ANY crew member, the battleship can land on any of 18 quintillion randomly generated planets and has a management system similar to the video game Faster Than Light, the main character can engage in on-foot missions where the player has lightsaber duels with challenging alien forces or simply rush through them with run and gun gameplay like Vanquish, the giant robot is piloted by the player's main character and two other pilots as they fight off the alien armies complete with the ability to unlock the robot's ability to dish out apocalyptic attacks that can even potentially destroy entire planets, there are 75 hours worth of anime story cutscenes animated by Studio Bones, and 15 different endings. 

I'd try it at least. 8/10. If the romancing can result in kids that have proper genetics/look like their parents, then 9/10.

A smartphone app that acts as a searchable database for characters you create. (I might make this for real)

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like a somewhat niche invention, but I know most of my friends create OCs for their own stories/story ideas, so it sounds like it'd be useful for them. I also do a fair amount of character creating for my own story ideas as well. 7/10

A combined recording device/voice changer, which allows you to change your voice into any person/fictional character whose voice you can record, though you need at least a 5-10 second recording of the voice you want to mimic. I know such a device could probably be used to commit a lot of crimes, but I kind of want to see a separate rating that disregards the crime potential such a device holds. I mean, it'd be so much fun changing your voice into Tobin Bell's or Dr. N. Gin's.

7/10. It would definitely make for an interesting story and a fun read, but there are cooler ideas of what to make a CYOA book out of.

Video game mines. They won't explode when an ally is in range, but will if an enemy is in one. Essentially, a mine with a friend-or-foe detection system.

9/10. It has some weaknesses, but the sheer amount of usage one can get out of an item that can turn oneself or something else invisible is not to be underestimated.

Magnet Boots.

Sound cool, but how hard would it be to walk in them over a metallic surface? And how much magnetism would they need to lift a human being, of upwards of say, 300 pounds? If they threaten to cripple your electronic devices, or interfere with clothing, or medical implants, then they're useless outside of dedicated magnet boot recreational rinks. As for daily use, they'd need, if it was feasible to walk in them, magnetic walking paths specifically for them, or to repave old ones in a thin sheet of something magnetic. And worse, even if it was possible to walk in them, would it end up being more calorically intensive than normal walking? If so, then they're nothing more than a workout fad.

Cool at first is a 8/10, practical implementation sounds more like a 4/10.

An oven that can scan the surface and internal temperatures of whatever you are cooking, and then display the thermal mapping of such to you.

6/10. I've had to throw stuff in the microwave before because I took it out of the oven too early, so I could use this if I just learned what temperature it had to be before it was done. Not rated higher because I'd have to do some work still.

Magical powers based on crystals, if you're born with a crystallized body part you can use magic.

Guess the obscure video game, win a cookie.

• 2 weeks later...

Could range anywhere from 2/10 to 11/10 depending on what magical abilities the crystals provide. As for the body part crystallized, it could range from 6 to 8 out of ten (or 3 to 4 out of 5, if you will) due to the fact that it would probably increase durability in exchange for reduced flexibility. Of course, how much durability is gained depends on the crystal in question.

I'll take a stab and guess Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

A glove that allows you to pick up and move around pen and pencil words, sentences, and paragraphs and move them elsewhere, so you don't have to erase something if you make a mistake of where you wrote something down.

Edited by Hawkwing

6 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I'll take a stab and guess Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

You got the right series! Crystal Bearers. The people who have magic are called crystal bearers and thus so is that entry in the series. Magic is pretty much gone otherwise.

Image result for cookie

6 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

A glove that allows you to pick up and move around pen and pencil words, sentences, and paragraphs and move them elsewhere, so you don't have to erase something if you make a mistake of where you wrote something down.

5/10, would be more useful to me if I wrote things down on paper more often.

A universal video game console that can play everything from every system. And do multiplayer.

• 1 month later...

10/10 Best console ever. Being able to play Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, and Battalion Wars all on one console is a dream come true.

I want an ASMR pill that can give you that ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) high. "Flavors" include cat belly fur, ear eating, scalp massage, vibrations, spine brushing, etc.

Edited by XRay

On 04/10/2018 at 12:26 AM, Dragoncat said:

So, Darkest Dungeon basically.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I want an ASMR pill that can give you that ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) high. "Flavors" include cat belly fur, ear eating, scalp massage, vibrations, spine brushing, etc.

5/10 May become addictive

A machine that can destroy energy around it.

10/10 for dance shows, 9/10 for parties (it seems that they'd run out of power pretty fast, even with a long lasting power source), 1-7/10 depending on where you live (You or your neighbors will either enjoy the constant music or go crazy from it), -9/10 for thieves (They only have a use has a very situational distraction tool).

Batman's Cape

10/10 It is BATMAN'S CAPE!!! What else can you say? Obviously, it is better than Superman's cape.

Advance Wars Heroes: It is a mobile game featuring Advance Wars. Where do you think Sasha and Colin get their money from?

8 or 9 out of ten. It would definitely be a fun game. About the only concern is that people might accuse it of copying Fire Emblem Heroes at times (whether it actually does or not is the point difference).

A pun gun.

10/10 for concept and something that would be really cool but overall 5/10 cause it could potentially be very dangerous.

A machine that could project your memories onto a screen.