Legendary hero battle: Marth

Hilda

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

Has anyone seen any F2P guides with zero merges for the new difficulty?

PM1 solved this with neutral Reinhard, Olivia, Veronica and L!Ike. Minor SI was done (Hone Cavs, Lance Breaker, QR).

Out of curiosity I tried it with my +1 +ATK Reinhardt and it works. Had to fix the -DEF on my 4* Olivia, because the AI moved differently at one point. 

Congrats everyone who solved this crazy stuff! 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somehow pulled off Abyssal with double dancers and blade tomes. I read that somebody did it with all fliers, but I stuck with Infantry and it just about worked (with a lot of investment).

Dunno if it's useful, but here's a choppy video.

My attackers are Spring Lucina (can probably be replaced with Linde or Tailtiu) and Nino +10. Both have Desperation and Atk seals. Only Nino needed the extra Atk I think just to brute force things.

Dancers are Axe Azura and normal Azura with all hones and fortifies between them. I don't think either of them attacked but Axe Azura does bait the healer near the end. Oh yeah, I did use one to chip the healer at the end.

Edited by VincentASM

5 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

This one (not 100% ftp but still pretty ftp friendly) was very helpful for me (the comments have the actual builds): 

Neutral Lyn works fine (though she needs the atk+3 seal...1 or 2 might suffice though) though I believe Reinhardt does need to be +atk. Merges are 100% unnecessary and the skill inheritance isn't that expensive.

I am following the guide and gave my Lyn the +3 Atk Seal, but she can't kill the red flier on the second turn.

That was a thing and I probably made it harder than it needed to be. Beat infernal with Meisterhardt +7 (+Atk, -Spd), Soren +8 (+Spd, -HP), Lene +3 (+Def, -HP), and Lilina (+Atk, -HP) +3. For skill inheritance and seals, Meisterhardt has Reposition, Luna, and a Heavy Blade 3 seal, Soren has a unique refined Wind's Brand, Draw Back, Fury 3, and Desperation 3, Fortify Res 3 equipped, and a Drive Def 2 seal, Lene has Hone Attack 3 and a Drive Atk 2 seal, and Lilina has a unique refined Forblaze, Draw Back, Blazing Flame, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, and a Quick Riposte 3 seal.

The strategy was basically nuke everything before they can nuke anyone while a dancer (or singer) does their thing. I think any other refresh unit could have worked, but I chose to use Lene just because. Before, I had Soren run Drive Spd 2 and Lilina with an Attack +3 seal, but I ran into a problem with the Keen Gronnwolf, Glimmer mage who would double Lilina and drop her health low enough that the healer could take her out if she was in range. If Lilina wasn't going to die, then Lene or Soren would probably have died instead since Lene had to take a hit from one of the bow knights and Soren was bleeding out with Fury. Reinhardt would probably have died too since he gets doubled by everything; his mixed bulk is good, but there's only so much he can take. Anyway, I swapped Soren's default Fortify Res and the QR3 seal for Lilina so that Lilina could counter-kill and take less damage from the green mage and also the healer if necessary. Additionally, Lilina's default Growing Flame was swapped out for Blazing Flame since she left the Brave Lance infantry with 1 HP when she activated it. If she had 1 more attack from somewhere, she wouldn't have needed it, but whatever, Jeorge's sacrifice was not in vain.

I'm not going to even attempt abyssal.

If anyone else is having trouble with infernal and has a 5* Ursula, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral), 4* Olivia (neutral), and 4* Barst (neutral), then you can use yorotosruuu yorotsruuu's guide. For seals, Ursula has Speed Smoke 3, Ike has Distant Def 3, Olivia has Drive Atk 2, and Barst has Spur Atk 3.

Edited by Kaden

I can almost clear Abyssal with the Askrtrio and free Veronica >.< but I allways get killed by that last green mage. I manage to kill a ton of units and the only remaining units are wave 2 units (cav lance, infantry lance, green mage, red dragon and the healer from the start) no matter how i dice it one is allways dieng to that dumb green mage -_-

Infernal has been cleared with my usual team.  Narcian gets a new toy to play with this time around, and let's just say the Marth engagement was a little bit too close for comfort.

I haven't tried Abyssal yet, but seeing as how we just squeaked by here, I may need to try something a bit different.

I managed to beat abysseal with the Askrtrio and Free Veronica... My brain is fried. Editing the video now and then loading it up on youtube. its fuckign 5 am in the mornign here. My brain....

Got the Abyssal clears for both Marth and Grima though I largely followed another player's strats for each one. I did have to improvise though as my units are not completely identical to the ones shown in the videos:

Marth:

Grima (I used OG Olivia for this one rather than PA Olivia):

Sounds like Veronica and Reinhardt are good against Marth. I still didn't clear the Infernal, and my Veronica is Atk- unfortunately. I'll check the guides again tonight and try to put a team together against this madness. Marth is no issue, but the reinforcements are A!

I will need to follow a guide for abysal since infernal was hard enough. 

That said, who said who needs common sense when you could have dragons instead. I had hardin and some dragons pick on Marth Which happens to also be a good summary for FE12

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-08-29-16-58-13-87.thumb.png.d3428cf29b820e91d98cfca59631de98.png

I found this one much harder than Grima's simply because wall positioning meant that it was much easier to get stuck in an unwinnable position where no matter what move you make you're gonna lose a unit. Special mention goes to that Panic Ploy 70 HP healer.

That being said, I still beat Abyssal with Reinhardt, Veronica, A!Tiki, and Lene, so now I get to do this.

Spoiler

image.png.d70e14788f32ab3603d6b78f22068d42.png

This mark of shame isn't ever coming off.

Edited by Time the Crestfallen

Abyssal Marth in one turn: 

Big thanks to @LordFrigid, your abyssal clears have motivated me to try this at all. Yesterday I didn't even try it once, I was demotivated by bad pulls (didn't get Grima again) and these seemingly insuperable abyssal stats. Anyway I tried to solve this without a ranged unit, good both the Knight and the Fighter were near enough. Can't imagine to solve abyssal BHB Corrin & Azura in one turn ... 

Cherche needed to get nerfed here, I had to take away summoner support to let her take enough damage. Interestingly Cordelia needed help to not only kill Marth (50 SPD ...) but the healer of all units. Thus the savage blow on Oscar and SPD smoke/Goad Fliers on Cherche. 

Not sure yet if I'll be able get abyssal Grima done as well.

Clears so far: 

Spoiler

LHB - Robin: Fell Vessel
Discussion Link - Video Link

LHB - Lyn: Lady of the Wind

LHB - Ryoma: Surpreme Samurai

LHB - Hector: Marquess of Ostia

LHB - Lucina: Glorious Archer

LHB - Marth: Hero King (Abyssal)
Video Link

GHB - Narcian: Wyvern General

GHB - Robin: Mystery Tactican

GHB - Ursula: Blue Crow

GHB - Michalis: Ambitious King

GHB - Navarre: Scarlet Sword

GHB - Zephiel: The Liberator

GHB - Xander: Paragon Knight

GHB - Lloyd: White Wolf

GHB - Camus: Sable Knight

GHB - Legion: Masked Maniac

GHB - Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark

GHB - Berkut: Prideful Prince

GHB - Valter: Dark Moonstone

GHB - Arvis: Emperor of Flame

GHB - Oliver: Admirer of Beauty

GHB - Lyon: Shadow Prince

GHB - Takumi: Empty Vessel

GHB - Saias: Bishop of Flame

GHB - Kana: Dragon Spawn

GHB - Julius: Scion of Darkness

GHB - Linus: Mad Dog

GHB - Walhart: The Conqueror

BHB - Alm & Celica
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Cecilia & Lilina
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ephraim & Eirika
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ninian & Hawkeye
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Minerva & Maria

BHB - Takumi & Hinoka

BHB - Amelia & Tana

BHB - Raven & Lucius

BHB - Corrin & Azura

BHB - Chrom & Lissa

BHB - Tiki & Nowi

BHB - Seliph & Julia

BHB - Matthew & Hector
Discussion Link - Video Link, Alternate Video Link

BHB - Leo & Elise

BHB - Micaiah & Sothe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

17 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

@mampfoid It might please you that I went with Galeforce on Cordelia for this map.

Hey cool, I didn't know you have her already at +7. This does indeed please me and this has been perhaps my favorite clear of yours so far. Great Flier team, bet they get also abyssal done. Congratulations! 

17 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

That being said, this was a fun infernal map.

Ha, Marth really got kicked around, hard to resist that Ignis (ask the red manakete). Cherche tanking an Archer was surprising, but with all those enemies it's hard to find save spots. Celicas Luna was perfectly timed, that green mage was pretty fast. I could see it was a fun map to you, congrats! 

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm... not sure I can beat Abyssal with my Matthew team. The stats... this is just something else entirely.

I think it could be a coincidence that you gave Aether to Matthew recently. I bet you'll get it done! 

16 hours ago, Nanima said:

Checked the Abyssal stats and noped the fuck out. That's just too much for this day, as much as I would love to give my Sakura the golden Seashell.

Yeah, this describes my mood from yesterday. Why did they have to bring a new difficulty for LHB maps which were already very hard on infernal? I would have prefered IS started to bring Infernal to the other modes (story maps, TTs, CCs etc).

12 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Went and made a recording of my Abyssal clear. No merges besides Camilla is +1 (which shouldn't make any difference), so perhaps this could help somebody else with similar units.

Wow, cool Flier team. I'm envious of your Olivia and Camilla. They beat my ranged Fliers, I didn't get abyssal done with them in 2-3 tries. 

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

One-turn for Marth's battle. It was a little less painful than Robin's, actually. I'm not looking forward to maps where the enemies are actually far away.

Once again no one beats your Caeda. Very cool to kill that 99 HP armor with only 1 damage overkill. Tana giving that 50 SPD Marth a quad seems ... I don't know, unreal? 

No idea if I can keep up with you, will check Grima today or tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I haven't tried Abyssal yet, but seeing as how we just squeaked by here, I may need to try something a bit different.

We need a flying healer soon! Did you consider bringing ranged Fliers? 

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

Askrtrio & Veronica take on Marth Abyssal out!!!! My Brain has died, this took me quite alot of time to clear with just the Askrtrio and Veronica.

I can imagine this took you awhile to ponder out, this map gets really crowded. It's always astonishing how much SI you have on the askirs and how you make them work, DC/Brave+ on Alfonse was surprising. 

@mampfoidI cant believe you finished it in one turn! That Cherche just ripeed through the wary fighter armorer with Axe breaker.

Well on my clear i first used the Askrs original weapons, but i allways hit some  roadbloack because of that annoying Green mage (seriously that Cleric with Panic Ploy + those green mages can DIAF) so i needed someone who can quad kill bows and kill the green mages from distant ergo i built Alfonse with DC brave sword and bow breaker! This made it then much managable until i hit the roadbloack of 2. Wave lol! I actually had to nerf then Veronicas healing, i am using normal Renewal (not +) because of the +1 cooldown charge, so her Healing skill buff would go off exactly when i needed it.

@mampfoid Nice job clearing abyssal especially on the first turn even! I was actually wondering if you would still clear these thing in one turn with all those absurd bloated stats on the enemy units.

So everyone is moving on to Abyssal clears now? Not sure if I will attempt Abyssal mode especially since I still haven't figured out how to beat Infernal. I really don't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to beat it nor do I really have the time for it this week (plus I would rather be grinding HM feathers out of RD). Thankfully all they reward are accessories which I never bother to put on my characters.

@mampfoid I don't have Veronica, whose buffing staff seems to be mandatory for this clear to work. Still, it does give me hope that these difficulties can be conquered somehow without only using +10s. Just not by me and my units.

Also congrats on that one-turn clear! It was truly amazing to watch. I wasn't sure it could still be done like that, but looks like your units have what it takes! Especially Cherche.

@Mampfoid You really make me regret that I did not invest much into my Cherche. At the beginning of the game I used her much and now…

But it is really cool. It will take a while for me to make my own 1 Turn Clear army. But it is in build. 

@mampfoid Nice work! That shove to get Cherche close enough to Marth for Cordelia to warp over was nifty.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yesterday I didn't even try it once, I was demotivated by bad pulls (didn't get Grima again) and these seemingly insuperable abyssal stats.

Yeah, those stats are nasty, especially the armors. I’m not sure about maps where positioning assists are needed to kick things off...I guess we’ll see when the time comes.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Once again no one beats your Caeda. Very cool to kill that 99 HP armor with only 1 damage overkill. Tana giving that 50 SPD Marth a quad seems ... I don't know, unreal? 

No idea if I can keep up with you, will check Grima today or tomorrow. 

I tried so many different things for that armor...bleh. He was really annoying to deal with.

Spd Smoke is amazing. I needed it for the Robin clear too, actually.

You just need a Caeda. That should solve all your problems.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@mampfoidYou're an absolute beast. That was amazing. Gotta love Galeforce

Ha, thanks!

Who needs Aether when you get your stuff done faster with Galeforce? 

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoidI cant believe you finished it in one turn! That Cherche just ripeed through the wary fighter armorer with Axe breaker.

Well on my clear i first used the Askrs original weapons, but i allways hit some  roadbloack because of that annoying Green mage (seriously that Cleric with Panic Ploy + those green mages can DIAF) so i needed someone who can quad kill bows and kill the green mages from distant ergo i built Alfonse with DC brave sword and bow breaker! This made it then much managable until i hit the roadbloack of 2. Wave lol! I actually had to nerf then Veronicas healing, i am using normal Renewal (not +) because of the +1 cooldown charge, so her Healing skill buff would go off exactly when i needed it.

Thanks! Cherche was my very first +10 and is invaluable in my roster. 

I didn't notice the nerfed healing skill, neat detail! 

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

@mampfoid Nice job clearing abyssal especially on the first turn even! I was actually wondering if you would still clear these thing in one turn with all those absurd bloated stats on the enemy units.

So everyone is moving on to Abyssal clears now? Not sure if I will attempt Abyssal mode especially since I still haven't figured out how to beat Infernal. I really don't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to beat it nor do I really have the time for it this week (plus I would rather be grinding HM feathers out of RD). Thankfully all they reward are accessories which I never bother to put on my characters.

Thanks! Actually I nearly gave up before even starting yesterday.

I'm not sure if I'm done with Infernal yet. Some maps will remain impossible for me with abyssal difficulty, especially when enemies are far away from the starting positions (Corrin & Azura BHB). 

Since the first infernal map (Legion, 1 year ago) our rosters should have gotten stronger too. I think the difficulty of abyssal Marth/Robin now and Infernal Legion then is comparable. It was a big shock for me too yesterday and one year ago I wasn't able to clear infernal Legion at his first run. Perhaps you will appreciate the challenge with a possible rerun of this map. 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid I don't have Veronica, whose buffing staff seems to be mandatory for this clear to work. Still, it does give me hope that these difficulties can be conquered somehow without only using +10s. Just not by me and my units.

Also congrats on that one-turn clear! It was truly amazing to watch. I wasn't sure it could still be done like that, but looks like your units have what it takes! Especially Cherche.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my Cherche currently. I'm hoping for a gimmicky prf for her. 

The new difficulty is really bonkers. I don't know if I could beat the map without doing a one turn clear, those reinforcements make me panic. Hopefully we all get accustomed to this new standard fast, no idea how they will call the next difficulty in August 2019

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

@mampfoid Either you are insane, or I'm just bringing shame to myself in this game. I still need to clear Infernal, and here you are; clearing it in Abyssal in 1 turn.

Congrats there!

Thanks! My mother had me tested.

No shame in not solving everything on day 1 (I hope so, since it's already day 2). The map runs only a couple of days, but a rerun is nearly guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

@Mampfoid You really make me regret that I did not invest much into my Cherche. At the beginning of the game I used her much and now…

But it is really cool. It will take a while for me to make my own 1 Turn Clear army. But it is in build. 

It's not too late to make Cherche great again! I'm curious for your Galeforce squad. 

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid Nice work! That shove to get Cherche close enough to Marth for Cordelia to warp over was nifty.

Yeah, those stats are nasty, especially the armors. I’m not sure about maps where positioning assists are needed to kick things off...I guess we’ll see when the time comes.

I tried so many different things for that armor...bleh. He was really annoying to deal with.

Spd Smoke is amazing. I needed it for the Robin clear too, actually.

You just need a Caeda. That should solve all your problems.

Thanks! 

Yep, I also dread wide maps where 99 HP armors are spread to each corner. 

I really thought I needed Caeda for Robins map and I nearly promoted a Clair ... but I don't have GF fodder anyway. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

We need a flying healer soon! Did you consider bringing ranged Fliers?

Fun fact: I was never able to clear L!Grima's Infernal map the first time around with my usual team -- I had to swap in Genny simply because my units could not keep up without healing support.  Falcon Knights in FE4 can canonically use staves, so perhaps there's a chance in the next banner.  I have a summer Corrin built up, but I found a less painful solution:

tDZtF9r.png

I don't know what I'd do without Gravity.  

Congrats on your own clear!  One-turns almost seem ideal for this mode, if only to avoid the reinforcements.