Legendary hero battle: Marth

Hilda

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Also... why is everyone calling the healer a "he"?...

Haha, good question. Happened also to me. 

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Thing is my time is dwindling and... with that being a reality while this is fun it's starting to feel like an obligation... and that's less fun.

Hey, if time is short, just upload your stuff and do the commenting later (if at all). Don't feel obliged to do something you are not looking forward to. 

Many originally nice things tend to become a burden when coming in too big quantity. 

Your posts are always worth the read, but I can imagine it takes time to write such a monolith. 

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

In the end though, it came down to Matthew and Marth facing off against eachother with their armies at their backs, buffing eachother out the wazoo

This was clearly my favorite part, like an epical face-off, where Matthew killed also many minions of Marth. Those felt nearly like colleteral damage, dying bystanders who got too near to those Titans. 

"Secret boss" healer got killed last like in nearly all clears. 

Too bad for the 20k/CA3, but I think Inigos TA3 was long overdue. It'll be even harder for him now to tank swords though.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

The Morgan clear was a bit trickier purely because of the beginning.

Especially the beginning didn't look too difficult, your tweaks to Priscilla and Ninian helped. But Marth moving down with all those collected reinforcements is another thing. Good there were walls for Morgan to take cover. His finishing blow to Marth was possible because of his own debuffs, he really profits from a dancer. 

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

As for the Abyssal clear, Cordelia couldn't cut it, so this time I had to bring out the big blue guns. You know him, you love him, that's right: Reinhardt.

This map is hard even with Reinhardt (I know because I tried). Usually I'm not much into these nukes + dancers clears, but of course I was curious for your solution. Aether + Flashing Blade is great on Nino, it'll help you also in Arena. Killing the healer this early was a great idea, usually she becomes a pain in later turns. 

I liked all three clears (especially Matthews this time), Congratulations! 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Better late than never, right? Maybe I should follow the same advice and upload my F!Grima clears, although it's ultra late now.

Thanks! Actually those clears really took a lot from me, mostly the duo one because there was a turn where I had to be extremely precise with my movements in order to not change the AI and getting OG!Eirika killed. 

But let's get going with your clears, all of them being very impressive of course.

For starters, Matthew really put in lots of work here. Almost soloing the map is no small feat and he really put tons of work here. It was very tense when he survived some hits with only 1 Hp, that must've required lots of precision from your part. Of course Ayra also put lots of work by clearing the south reinforcements on her own and Inigo cleared that annoying armor which I'm sure would've made the map even harder. I also see that EMIYA theme, cool stuff! 

The Morgan clear was also very interesting, while Morgan/Priscilla/Ninian had those close moments were they almost died, Amelia was like a godly tank taking no damage from every foe she faced and despite being an armor she's so fast that she could ORKO every enemy in her path, that's really amazing. Priscilla also helped a lot here with her Pain+ staff, I really should give one of my healers that staff because it really seems like it'll be one of the best for upcoming Abyssal maps where the enemies have 99 HP. 

And last but not least your Abyssal clear. Taking the healer early on is a really good idea because she can be one of the most annoying units to face in this map. Reinhardt and Nino show that they are still some of the best when it comes to raw power, and Flashing Blade+Aether is always satisfying to see. IMO this map is the hardest as of now so clearing it with only two units really show how good you are at the game! Congrats!

@mampfoid My posts were just called Monoliths >_< . That's fine, if you can't do things the way you do them they aren't worth doing. I guess being long winded is kind of my style when I'm passionate about what I'm doing.

CA3 sucked but it had to happen as Matthew had to tank the green mage for the clear to work. Inigo got TA3, but I'll probably have TA2 for most stuff anyway, it gives him just enough juice to kill blues but just enough to survive swordies as well. It's served me well. Matt vs Marth definitely felt epic though, having the support of their teams, buffers and healers on each side. That healer was extremely annoying to deal with though, which is why the Abyssal clear was so satisfying because on the second turn I was able to go "No... no." and get rid of her with Nino right away.

Units like Morgan and Matthew rely heavily on dancers to perform in the PP as otherwise they can only take advantage of their buffs in EP otherwise. This is more relevant for Morgan who wants to be an attacker. Matthew couldn't put in the same work he does without Inigo sure, but Morgan really relies on Ninian in these clears and the funny thing is half the time she puts in just as much if not more work than him on and off the battlefield. A dancer dragon really is something. So when do we get her little brother, Nils?

Yeah, what I liked about these clears of mine is that they were different, more abstract than the other, standard nuke clears. But in the case of Abyssal maps, not only am I showcasing my personally built units (Nino) but in these maps you're almost never able to fully nuke the map (in usual boring fashion). They require masterful positioning, precise skill use and even occasionally luck. That's why I think clears like this and my F!Grima clears are worth recording and watching. If they were any easier, I'd just use my Matthew team.

@Alexmender I love the team's synergy. Just goes to show that you don't need complete color balance to build an all purpose team. And yes! Aether was necessary along with Inigo's support in order for him to survive a lot of things, but most specifically the red tome cav. Without it I would have had to sacrifice speed to run a RES+ Refine on his dagger which could have complicated things. I was fortunate to not have had to experiment in such a fashion. Also YES! I've been waiting to use Emiya's theme for the longest! Just couldn't find the place to use it. This seemed fittingly epic.

Amelia was a funny case as she was consistently in the least danger on this map despite being an armor, still, the fact that she can consistently double without the busted Bold Fighter really impresses me. Plus as the only melee unit other than Frederick/G!Marth to have WoM3 she uses it well and I don't really want to part with it. Morgan's tome (along with daggers) are so satisfying to use on maps like this where the enemies just cluster up. Marth's army went into such a clean formation, debuffing every single one of them was the most satisfying thing to watch. Then dancing and repositioning into a swift retreat, really makes you think of M!Morgan as a strategist.

As for Abyssal... the thing is... I don't consider myself that great of a player/strategist. I'm certainly competent, but my arguement has always been that my characters (Matthew, etc.) have potential and I'm bringing it out, rather than being great to use trash characters. As for Abyssal, even hear the clears are a result of dedication (Nino +10) or investment (Reinhardt+1 and +ATK), still it doesn't take away from personal achievement. I just wish I was a good enough strategist (or perhaps a whale) to clear Abyssal with Matthew. Maybe someday, eh?

Also @Ginko Sorry I've been tired, I forgot to tag you in this clear. It's the last post on the previous page. 

37 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My posts were just called Monoliths >_<

I hope I didn't use a misleading analogy, I just wanted to tell you they are huge and I can imagine they take up a lot of work in addition to the clears and edits. Still I enjoy to read them. 

40 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I guess being long winded is kind of my style when I'm passionate about what I'm doing

Nothing bad in that. 

41 minutes ago, Zeo said:

like this and my F!Grima clears are worth recording and watching.

Wait what? If you meant Morgan, I fully agree. If you meant Grima, I missed some videos of yours. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I hope I didn't use a misleading analogy, I just wanted to tell you they are huge and I can imagine they take up a lot of work in addition to the clears and edits. Still I enjoy to read them. 

I appreciate that a lot, actually.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wait what? If you meant Morgan, I fully agree. If you meant Grima, I missed some videos of yours. 

I meant my L!Marth and F!Grima abyssal clears. Sorry if my wording was off.

@Zeo Better late that never, but I really enjoyed your clears. It was at this point I sort of lost the appeal of making videos though (mostly due to the addition of Abyssal). Love the music choices as well, I reocgnise Emiya, a Blue Exorcist track and a Fairy Tail theme there :D

Really impressed with the Abyssal clear, I never thought about using that corner of the map.

Also each team buffing each other in Matthew's clear was funny to see.

Nice job on the Priscilla solution, I suppose not going full Razzle Dazzle allows you to use things like breakers to your advantage, so good on you for thinking of that!

@mampfoid Also a bit late but nice job clearing Abyssal Marth! Oscar's extra reach really helps, and Quad Oscar is really satisfying to see. Love Marth using Shove though! 

Edited by mcsilas

• 3 months later...

This wasn't totally worth recording since I used Tomehardt and L!Ike but I'm likely not beating Abyssal and at least I didn't have to cheat my way through with Myrrh for once~

21 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Yes, 3 Mov on top of 74 Atk and 57 Spd is exactly as terrifying as it sounds.

There is nothing Celica can't do, I'm convinced~

@XRay I did it on Abyssal! It took me 40 minutes though. I didn't record it, unfortunately. I used NY Azura with WoM, NY Camilla with Firesweep/Drag Back, Catria with Fury, Desperation and Galeforce, and Est with Iceberg/Drag Back. I used Camilla to drag the armor back in the beginning for Est to kill. The rest of the map was using the Whitewing sisters to triangle attack things and Catria to either kill more or run away after proc'ing Galeforce.

I needed Azura to run to the other side of the bottom right corner with WoM where she tanked the cleric. Camilla with Ward Fliers protected Est from getting killed by the cleric at the end, so she took the damage and barely survived. Est killed Marth and the last cav.

So frustrating! I should get a free Legendary Marth for this :(

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

@XRay I did it on Abyssal! It took me 40 minutes though. I didn't record it, unfortunately. I used NY Azura with WoM, NY Camilla with Firesweep/Drag Back, Catria with Fury, Desperation and Galeforce, and Est with Iceberg/Drag Back. I used Camilla to drag the armor back in the beginning for Est to kill. The rest of the map was using the Whitewing sisters to triangle attack things and Catria to either kill more or run away after proc'ing Galeforce.

I needed Azura to run to the other side of the bottom right corner with WoM where she tanked the cleric. Camilla with Ward Fliers protected Est from getting killed by the cleric at the end, so she took the damage and barely survived. Est killed Marth and the last cav.

So frustrating! I should get a free Legendary Marth for this :(

Nice! I think it took me about an hour to solve it. I had to mess around with some Sacred Seals to make sure my units do not die.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Nice! I think it took me about an hour to solve it. I had to mess around with some Sacred Seals to make sure my units do not die.

Is this the hardest LHB? Azura's and Marth's were pretty hard for me. Hector's was decent. We should really get a free copy of the unit whose LHB we beat on Abyssal. I haven't had a single legendary unit except Hector

32 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Is this the hardest LHB? Azura's and Marth's were pretty hard for me. Hector's was decent.

For me, LD!Tiki's was the hardest, followed by HK!Marth's.

The newer maps got more walls to block and constrict flier movement. LD!Tiki's was super hard for me due to the confined space, and I do not remember beating that one on my own, so I probably copied a strategy video.

This took me plenty of attempts, @Zeo@mampfoid@XRay@Rezzy@Ice Dragon@LordFrigid@mcsilas@Hilda

Admittedly, this was a rather sloppy clear of the Marth Legendary Hero Battle. Used my Reinhardt (+DEF/-SPD), Sanaki (+SPD/-DEF), L!Azura (+HP/-RES) and L!Lyn (+RES/-DEF) for this LHB. Also pardon the lame pun on the video.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Frosty You sure threw newest Azura fast into a LHB map. She is very useful, but I have problems making her kills things. The clear was not as sloppy as the pun. ^^

She's pretty much left with Refresh and Buff-bot support; and the occasional one-time kill a Red Mage role.

Glad she came home within 45 of my F2P Orbs; I'm hoping to get more merges when she re-appears in a Legendary Banner.

Edited by Frosty

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I think she'll return  in March? Good luck (again)! 

Here's to hoping...

Oh, and I'm thinking of replacing her A-slot with something if I'm not going into the Arena.