Have reds been uncommonly rare today or is it just me?

Endriu

Well, its all rng, but I can help but wonder if this banner hasnt been rigged somehow. Usually reds are pretty common imo - very common even. But today there were so many circles without any reds at all, and if there was a red it was mostly a single one. Of course my orbs depleted fast ... so, out of curiosity I did a couple of rerolls, like 10 or something, and it was the same, mostly no reds, often just one red, seldomly more than one.

How have your pulls been? Red in abundance or not so much?

I had the same problem and I do suspect the devs might have played a hand in that. Its not the first time either. I recall the game being very stingy with its green orbs when Hector was a legendary hero. 

Maybe its cynical to think so but we are dealing with a Gatcha game.  The system is all about gently forcing people to spend more money. The devs decreasing the number of orbs that allow you to pull for the star of the banner might be a useful way to get players frustrated enough to fork over some extra money for a chance to pull on red. 

It's you. In 3 circles, I got a total of 7 red orbs, 4 in one session, which is well above the overly simplified average of 1/4. My guess is either bad luck or confirmation bias (or whatever it's called in this case). You're looking for something specific so its presence or absence is more noticeable, like how getting a new car makes you notice it more. My guess is that there'd be a ton of backlash if it came out they were skewing things.

Edited by bottlegnomes

There is about a 17% chance of a session having no red orbs. 18%, on a legendary banner. It's unusual, but not unheard of, even for it to happen multiple times.

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I had the same problem and I do suspect the devs might have played a hand in that. Its not the first time either. I recall the game being very stingy with its green orbs when Hector was a legendary hero. 

Maybe its cynical to think so but we are dealing with a Gatcha game.  The system is all about gently forcing people to spend more money. The devs decreasing the number of orbs that allow you to pull for the star of the banner might be a useful way to get players frustrated enough to fork over some extra money for a chance to pull on red. 

I'm pretty sure that would get them in legal trouble.

I've been trying for red heroes. Mostly just for Hinata as a large number of characters I have would be best with Fury. Instead it's Stahl being my version of Bartre. Not helped by the fact that the Red orbs never seem to be a majority. It's mostly Blue orbs which don't have much fodder I need right now.

Edited by deskita

In all of my summons, there were at least 2 Reds at all times. Most of the time there were 3-4 of them, one time even all five of them. Sadly, I do not have enough orbs to summon...

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wait, is this why since i joined i hac barelly no Green units? Even when i summoned it took 2 to 3 tries to a green stone to show up, it was absurd.

48 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Wait, is this why since i joined i hac barelly no Green units? Even when i summoned it took 2 to 3 tries to a green stone to show up, it was absurd.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Small sample size means a higher chance of deviation from the average.

It would be extremely stupid for Intelligent Systems to falsify their rates, since they can be sued for false advertising. The better option would be to not disclose the rates altogether, but they have to post their rates by law I think.

Basically, if you are not seeing enough green Orbs, you are not doing enough summons.

Here is an article about law of large numbers. If you do enough summons on this banner, you should have a roughly equal amounts of each 5* Focus characters.

Edited by XRay

48 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Green is the least common stone type, because there aren't as many green units. About 36% of sessions have no green stones.

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Today I got a whole circle of red, but sadly none of them were a 5* or Marth. Red has been color of disappointment for me in this banner.

I would gladly trade my HK!Marth for your pity rate. I got a screen with four reds and one blue. I figured I might as well get some fodder, but no, his stupid face has to show up. I am trying to get more Fayes for Firesweep Bow.

3 hours ago, AL_CHEMIST said:

Well, its all rng, but I can help but wonder if this banner hasnt been rigged somehow. Usually reds are pretty common imo - very common even. But today there were so many circles without any reds at all, and if there was a red it was mostly a single one. Of course my orbs depleted fast ... so, out of curiosity I did a couple of rerolls, like 10 or something, and it was the same, mostly no reds, often just one red, seldomly more than one.

Had that experience at first until got pity break by Faye. Then, almost no colorless and in fact got King Marth XD. Can’t help but feel the same at times tho, got that very same problem with Gunntra and Zelgius

I only GET reds, and I'm just trying to pull green. Five summons in, 0 green orbs. Not happy. I personally think the game can 90% accurately predict what you WANT and then decreases the right color orbs on that banner. 

Haha, I'm just kidding, but how else do you explain no blues and 8 million pity-breakers whenever F!Morgan was on a banner.

1 hour ago, AL_CHEMIST said:

Guess its pretty subjective then - maybe the mind is playing some tricks as in if you hadnt gone for reds you wouldnt have notices their absence or something

There is a name for that: "observational selection bias", the tendency to notice something more often when something causes you to become more aware of it.

Because you're specifically aiming for reds, you'll notice every time that there was no red on the board. However, you probably won't remember or notice how many times the board was missing another color.

47 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I only GET reds, and I'm just trying to pull green. Five summons in, 0 green orbs. Not happy. I personally think the game can 90% accurately predict what you WANT and then decreases the right color orbs on that banner. 

Haha, I'm just kidding, but how else do you explain no blues and 8 million pity-breakers whenever F!Morgan was on a banner.

In the Monster Hunter community, we call that the desire sensor. In various MMOs, it's RNGesus or Lootcifer messing with your drops (meaning you should convert to the other).

9 hours ago, AL_CHEMIST said:

I had lots of Red, so i finished gettign Marth after like 4 rounds of pulling. Its all based on luck *shrug*