Question regarding Cipher units

Nope, they don't. 

Difficulty-wise, you can get the battles done quite reasonably shortly into Act 3, or you can do them at the end of Acts 1 and 2, and it'll be slightly hard. The characters are about Act 3 strong at base.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope, they don't. 

Difficulty-wise, you can get the battles done quite reasonably shortly into Act 3, or you can do them at the end of Acts 1 and 2, and it'll be slightly hard. The characters are about Act 3 strong at base.

Cool good to know 

8 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Cool good to know

Happy to help; I really like having the DLC characters.

Be sure to have the volume on when doing the fights, the exclusive map theme for these two skirmishes is something of a treat, at least to me.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happy to help; I really like having the DLC characters.

Be sure to have the volume on when doing the fights, the exclusive map theme for these two skirmishes is something of a treat, at least to me.

Oh I always have the volume up

randal and Emma are going to Celica 

shade and Yuzu are going to alm 

9 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

randal and Emma are going to Celica 

shade and Yuzu are going to alm 

No matter where you send them, they'll be helpful. They're extra 2/4 PCs with decent to excellent stats in a game where each side gets not more than 17 units, another duo is a significant manpower boost.

Shade can bring Celica more Physics, which is particularly good if you train multiple Whitewings, and a Rescue source easier than Atlas. Shade for Alm means Faye has less pressure to go Cleric, since they both get Rescue and Physic, Faye's extremely late Anew is the only thing you lose, although a third Cleric doesn't hurt.

Randal will love Alm's big open maps and the chance at the Ridersbane. Redundancy with Mathilda be damned, they're both good and it won't hurt using them both in the same way using Marcus, Sain and Kent, or Titania and Oscar and Kieran and Astrid and Makalov, won't. Randal on Celica gives you a Paladin other than the extremely late Conrad, and as long as they have Speed, and Randal certainly does, Paladins are good.

Emma I do think contributes more to Celica than Alm, since being a Falcoknight means that extra damage to Terrors. But even with Alm she can fight, at the very least her 14 Res makes her decent for injuring Arcanists. If you like her and are thinking of a little favoritism, I'd go for some Sacred Spring Speed boosts or Pegasus Cheese, mostly because of those annoyingly fast Mogalls Celica fights twice towards the end, and which are in the final battle.

Yuzu is consistent on both sides, if she can reach an enemy, she will double them and do some hurt, if liable to get hurt herself.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer