Let's talk about Combat Manuals

Garlyle

13 hours ago, XRay said:

I have finally went under 1,000 Heroes! I think I will be able to get under 900 within a few days.

I got under 1000, but deciding the ideal nature or two to keep for every unit takes a while, so I still have a lot of work to do.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Also, I know this is common sense, but DO NOT turn merged units into manuals. One of the tactics to save feathers is (still is, realistically) to merge units together to reduce the cost to UP, but transforming them into CMs removes their merges and puts them at full price. Therefore, if you're still using the "merge, then UP" tactic, it would be a good idea to not convert them willy-nilly.

Wait, what? I'm so lost. How does merging decrease UP feather cost?

Anyway, went through and got everyone with either ideal or as close to ideal natures as possible and converted everyone else, sans those with skills inherited or like refinements and what not. Went from about 840 to about 240, which holy crap that was a great feeling even if it did take a while.

Edited by bottlegnomes

On 9/1/2018 at 2:58 AM, Vaximillian said:

It’s my dream to eventually pull an Atk/HP Selena and merge my current Def/Spd one into her:
Screenshot_20180830-204507.png

And give her Steady Breath, obviously. The best Fates girl Nohr-side (along with Beruka) deserves it.

I also want to build a Barst some day. The guy was (and is) a monster in my Shadow Dragon and New Mystery runs, and he deserves appreciation too.

Nice! I've been meaning to get around to building a Selena, but haven't yet. I do, however, have a Beruka built up, although I'm debating on which premium skill to pass onto her, Steady Stance 3 or Close Def 3.

15 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Wait, what? I'm so lost. How does merging decrease UP feather cost?

Anyway, went through and got everyone with either ideal or as close to ideal natures as possible and converted everyone else, sans those with skills inherited or like refinements and what not. Went from about 840 to about 240, which holy crap that was a great feeling even if it did take a while.

Merging decreases the cost of upgrading by the amount of feathers you would otherwise earn by sending the unit home. In other words, it's almost entirely useless, and it can be safely ignored, unless, for whatever reason, you were merging fodder units.

36 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I got under 1000, but deciding the ideal nature or two to keep for every unit takes a while, so I still have a lot of work to do.

Yeah, I also got units with multiple pretty good natures, so I have hard time deciding whether to save them or turn them into Manuals. I have kept them for now, so I will just decide that in the future.

I really wish the game would just tell us what natures the units have, because I have to check back and forth between different copies and a neutral favorited reference copy, and a lot of times I do not have a neutral copy available, so I then I have to go online and look.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I've never understood the point of HM farming, explain por favor~

It can be tedious depending on your method, but it's essentially getting the reward feathers from HM on all the units in your barracks (60% of them I guarantee you don't use) and piling up your feathers.

In a nutshell? I had 300k feathers from HM farming, I spent them all, then I HM farmed the rest of the units I had in my barracks and am now at 400k feathers.

51 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It can be tedious depending on your method, but it's essentially getting the reward feathers from HM on all the units in your barracks (60% of them I guarantee you don't use) and piling up your feathers.

In a nutshell? I had 300k feathers from HM farming, I spent them all, then I HM farmed the rest of the units I had in my barracks and am now at 400k feathers.

I'll have to look at some guide since I do have plenty of units just existing~

Only picked the low-hanging fruit like all the GHB and TT units so far, didn't really see a reason to do a full cleanup since really there's no real difference between having 300/690 or having 600/690 units. Well, other than reducing the amount of scrolling required I guess. I'll get around to it eventually but the average player doesn't even summon 100 units a month typically so there's no rush. Might just do it on a unit-by-unit basis, i.e. I summon a new copy of unit X, which gives me an opportunity to compare all my copies of that unit and book all but a couple of them.

@Landmaster To get you started:

1) Emulator setup

2) This spreadsheet showing recommended setups for each day of the week.

Missed the Rival Domains gravy train for now unfortunately, since it's being swapped out for the new mode this week, but hopefully some good RD strats pop up next time it's back.

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Nice! I've been meaning to get around to building a Selena, but haven't yet. I do, however, have a Beruka built up, although I'm debating on which premium skill to pass onto her, Steady Stance 3 or Close Def 3.

I gave mine Steady Stance quite a while ago:
Screenshot_20180907-101624.png

It came from the $4 pack, too.

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Damn, that's wild~

Yeah, I would take advantage of this, but I hate grinding in general.  I could really use the feathers, have a lot of skills I need to inherit.  

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I can't "Unlock Potential" my combat manuals, I thought this was an option?

Scroll all the way down the list:
Screenshot_20180907-150930.png

Also it’s under the Ally Growth menu as the usual Unlock Potential button.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Scroll all the way down the list:
Screenshot_20180907-150930.png

Also it’s under the Ally Growth menu as the usual Unlock Potential button.

Thank you very much, but why is this option to prioritize them is in the "Skill Inherit" & not "Unlock Potential"?

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Heroes UI sucks.

Can't argue with that. If you didn't reply I would've never find out that it was at the bottom of my 10,000 units. So again, thank you very much

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Only picked the low-hanging fruit like all the GHB and TT units so far, didn't really see a reason to do a full cleanup since really there's no real difference between having 300/690 or having 600/690 units. Well, other than reducing the amount of scrolling required I guess. I'll get around to it eventually but the average player doesn't even summon 100 units a month typically so there's no rush. Might just do it on a unit-by-unit basis, i.e. I summon a new copy of unit X, which gives me an opportunity to compare all my copies of that unit and book all but a couple of them.

@Landmaster To get you started:

1) Emulator setup

2) This spreadsheet showing recommended setups for each day of the week.

Missed the Rival Domains gravy train for now unfortunately, since it's being swapped out for the new mode this week, but hopefully some good RD strats pop up next time it's back.

Ayyyee thanks, I'll try to get the basics down~

8 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah, I would take advantage of this, but I hate grinding in general.  I could really use the feathers, have a lot of skills I need to inherit.  

Same, I have so many Chroms chilling around for potential Aether fodder but it's always such a set back on the feathers~

Apologies if this opinion has been voice already, but combat manuals seem kind of pointless to me. It's basically just marking the units you've chosen to be inheritance fodder. When I heard about it I thought it was going to like turn individual skills into manuals, so I can fodder people I want for Ardent Sacrifice or something and get an Ardent Sacrifice manual. That way I wouldn't need to always inherit two unwanted skills when I want to teach a unit Ardent Sacrifice (with said two useless skills also being combat manuals than some other unit might find easier). This doesn't really seem to have made anything easier, just given an option to move some stuff around. They could at least provide a discount on feathers when unlocking potential or something, since we won't be using combat manuals fighting.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Apologies if this opinion has been voice already, but combat manuals seem kind of pointless to me. It's basically just marking the units you've chosen to be inheritance fodder. When I heard about it I thought it was going to like turn individual skills into manuals, so I can fodder people I want for Ardent Sacrifice or something and get an Ardent Sacrifice manual. That way I wouldn't need to always inherit two unwanted skills when I want to teach a unit Ardent Sacrifice (with said two useless skills also being combat manuals than some other unit might find easier). This doesn't really seem to have made anything easier, just given an option to move some stuff around. They could at least provide a discount on feathers when unlocking potential or something, since we won't be using combat manuals fighting.

Barrack space has been a issue. That's why people are happy. You no longer have to send home fodder of any kind. You can just keep it for later

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

For me it means I won't send home any fodder now and I have a place to store merge fodder for units that I am thinking about +10ing but aren't top priority.  This is a really good thing and I am so happy to be able to turn all the Faes I have pulled in the past month there and not have them clog my barracks when I am trying to find someone else.