Jotari's Super Fun Binding Blade Balance Patch

Jotari

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Street Hero said:

I did meet that glitch too, my solution is change the rom and it worked fine, i guess something wrong with it

I've tried 3 different roms and it still does varies crashes and cannot even play it. Likewise, I've tried 2 different patchers, in various ways and still nothing.

I'm just going to give up now.

1 hour ago, Hudder368 said:

I've tried 3 different roms and it still does varies crashes and cannot even play it. Likewise, I've tried 2 different patchers, in various ways and still nothing.

That's a major shame. Wish there was some way I could help.

5 hours ago, Hudder368 said:

I wish i could send you the patched roms but it's against the rules so im sorry ? 

5 minutes ago, Hoboma said:

Hey I've been playing through this and found out that if a rogue gets attacked by an enemy and kills it they get a full 100 exp, even if the enemy is much weaker than them.

Hmm. They're probably still using the thief experience formula. Maybe I forgot to mark them as a promoted unit when I transferred them over to the female thief position. I'll have to check that when I go home. For now enjoy your super fast growing rogue.

Edited by Jotari

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I actually thought about making a Binding Blade playthrough story, but I feel that some characters need buffs, or Roy needs an early promotion or something. This patch could be very helpful. 

If you do play it I'd love to get chapter by chapter feedback. I don't think anyone has played the entire patch yet.

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

If you do play it I'd love to get chapter by chapter feedback. I don't think anyone has played the entire patch yet.

Only thing is that I'm unsure how to use patches. First off, the emulator I use is OpenEmu. 

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Only thing is that I'm unsure how to use patches. First off, the emulator I use is OpenEmu. 

I use a program called tsukuyomi ups to patch files. It's pretty easy to use. You just select the ROM and select the patch file and viola the patch gets applied. Though some people above have said they've run into errors (others seem to have downloaded it just fine so I'm not sure what's wrong).

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I use a program called tsukuyomi ups to patch files. It's pretty easy to use. You just select the ROM and select the patch file and viola the patch gets applied. Though some people above have said they've run into errors (others seem to have downloaded it just fine so I'm not sure what's wrong).

I use a Mac though, so not sure if it's compatible with tsukuyomi ups.

As for the rom, do you use the already translated rom? Or do you need a raw rom?

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I use a Mac though, so not sure if it's compatible with tsukuyomi ups.

As for the rom, do you use the already translated rom? Or do you need a raw rom?

As I say in the OP, it's the translated rom.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Besides Jahn's speed, have you done anything else to improve the bosses?

I made this hack months ago, so it's hard to remember everything. Narcian is much harder to deal with as he now moves, getting the Iote's Shield rip off and keeping Douglas alive is quite the challenge. All of the bosses in the Gaidens also use the Legendary Weapons. Idoun is made significantly harder (as in she's actually a challenge now), with 3 range breath that heals her and can target res or def. When it comes to pure stats, I can't remember changing many and any I did were probably the plot based bosses like Murdock (not that he ever needed help). I did however give most of the bosses (and enemies in general) more weapons to use so they have more options on enemy phase.

Oh cool, I think I managed to patch it. Used Multipatch and used the rom you had used for it. 

Honestly, the ability to have Roy promote when needed and even get Guinevere is something I had hoped. 

Can you tell me what the Ending you had for her was? You mentioned that it always crashes whenever you get to it.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

I made this hack months ago, so it's hard to remember everything. Narcian is much harder to deal with as he now moves, getting the Iote's Shield rip off and keeping Douglas alive is quite the challenge. All of the bosses in the Gaidens also use the Legendary Weapons. Idoun is made significantly harder (as in she's actually a challenge now), with 3 range breath that heals her and can target res or def. When it comes to pure stats, I can't remember changing many and any I did were probably the plot based bosses like Murdock (not that he ever needed help). I did however give most of the bosses (and enemies in general) more weapons to use so they have more options on enemy phase.

Have you considered adding unique battle palettes for the bosses?

All bosses have ranged weapons, I imagine?

8 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh cool, I think I managed to patch it. Used Multipatch and used the rom you had used for it. 

Honestly, the ability to have Roy promote when needed and even get Guinevere is something I had hoped. 

Can you tell me what the Ending you had for her was? You mentioned that it always crashes whenever you get to it.

I can't recall if I actually wrote an ending for her. The problem lies with implementing an extra character into the game. For some reason I can't understand at all, the character ending list ends with Zeiss. Possibly because Galle, a non playable character, is listed right after him. It means I don't know how to find any character that's listed after him in the array, like Elphin or Cath. Any ending for Guinevere would probably involve rebuilding Bern with Roy's aid.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Yes, every boss barring the first now has at least one ranged option. Though I think the game was pretty good about doing that to begin with. The biggest difference it probably makes are to Aine, Yahn and Idoun (yeah, Idoun can't attack at range in her base game, talk about a joke of a final boss).

8 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I can't recall if I actually wrote an ending for her. The problem lies with implementing an extra character into the game. For some reason I can't understand at all, the character ending list ends with Zeiss. Possibly because Galle, a non playable character, is listed right after him. It means I don't know how to find any character that's listed after him in the array, like Elphin or Cath. Any ending for Guinevere would probably involve rebuilding Bern with Roy's aid.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Yes, every boss barring the first now has at least one ranged option. Though I think the game was pretty good about doing that to begin with. The biggest difference it probably makes are to Aine, Yahn and Idoun (yeah, Idoun can't attack at range in her base game, talk about a joke of a final boss).

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CloakCard said:

I think you should make galle recruitible because it always bothered me that you had to kill him and since guinevere was added, it would make since to be able to recruit him. Overall, very fun hack.

Personally I feel the whole point of his character is that he's not recruitable. If you feel like mercy you could finish the chapter without killing him though. That's perfectly possible in the base game.

Edited by Jotari

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Rotted Fish said:

Since your patch uses an outdated translation of the game, would there be any issues patching it to a more recent version?

I expect some of the text might get messed up but outside of that everything will probably work fine.

Another question, would it be possible to change the support cap from 5 supports to one A support? I know a patch was made for 7 and 8 because they’re more accessible to mess with.