Blessed Axe in chapter 21

Saint Rubenio

So, I was playing Tear Ring Saga today, with the latest translation patch of course, and something rather strange happened.

I was in chapter 21 (here's the map for convenience, courtesy of fireemblemwod), Marvin was alone fighting the one Great Ogre who's just below Kranion at the start of the map while Neuron distracted the Witch Dragon. a7ioX40.png Neuron and Kranion were duking it out in the two green tiles, while I'm pretty sure Mario and the Ogre were in the two red tiles (I might be a little off, but I'm certain it was around that area).

He got hit once, and I thought he was screwed, but then he miraculously managed to steal his opponent's axe (I'd forgotten he even had that skill, given how much more reliable Mug is). So far, so good.

Here's where things get interesting. Since Kranion had blasted a good chunk of the Ogre's heath while fighting Neuron, and it could no longer defend itself, I just had Myron kill it for the heck of it... and all of sudden, Martin got a Blessed Axe out of nowhere.

tSTRwUP.pngRMFJl6W.png

As soon as I got a chance to save my game, I went back and tried to replicate this by moving Morgan around the area, waiting and rewinding if nothing came up. I was not able to get the axe this time around.

The reason I am making a thread about this is that I had no idea you could get that item in map 21. Heck, I can't even remember if the weapon's obtainable elsewhere at all! I've also done a little research and none of the main FE sites that I know (the wiki, serenes and fewod) say anything about a Blessed Axe in chapter 21. I don't understand, is this something I just didn't know about but is common knowledge otherwise, or have I randomly found a hidden item/glitch of some sort that nobody else knew about? Please, if anybody knows more, do tell me.

(Also, yes, I am using Luca. Yes, he's worse than his sister. Yes, he's going to die for her to get kills)

TRS Random Drops (0.5% chance upon defeating an enemy of a particular class)

Shadow Lancer: Blessed Lance
 Shadow Knight: Luna Sword
 Witch: Nosferatu
 Revenant, Entombed: Herb
 Dracozombie: Blessed Bow
 Bonewalker: Iron Shield
 Wight: Blessed Sword
 Earthborn: Moonlight
 Stoneborn: Paragon Sword
 Ogre: Smith's Hammer
 Archogre: Blessed Axe
 Mogall: Fruit
 Gargoyle: Money Bag
 Harpy: Miracle Charm

Well, you never go to bed without learning something new. Or in this case, get up from bed. Thanks a lot for filling me in on this, everybody! Now Samson may become even more ridiculous. As if he needed a nosferatu axe on top of his 80 use Schram...

EDIT: I just found out it's not a nosferatu axe, but a vulnerary axe...? Oh, well, it's still more accurate and lighter than the Dolharken, I'm sure it'll have its uses.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you never go to bed without learning something new. Or in this case, get up from bed. Thanks a lot for filling me in on this, everybody! Now Samson may become even more ridiculous. As if he needed a nosferatu axe on top of his 80 use Schram...

EDIT: I just found out it's not a nosferatu axe, but a vulnerary axe...? Oh, well, it's still more accurate and lighter than the Dolharken, I'm sure it'll have its uses.

It's also monster effective. Oneshotting Zombie Dragons, everyone?