Grand Hero Battle: Jamke

mampfoid

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

>:E

Nice clear again, though. Celica Emblem soon...

Woops ... it was too late for my old brain yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Nice! Having my own Brave!Celica really makes me appreciate the galeforce special on her, and you've certainly mastered using it. 

Best special, have fun with yours! As soon as I get Ethlyn, I'll run Celica instead of Sigurd in the next TTs. 

@mampfoid I thought this map was going to be virtually nothing for you to clear, and I was right. After the colossus that is the Abyssal difficulty, maps like this have to be a breath of fresh air.

Celica also strikes again. You actually have some pretty apt tactical prowess outside of 1 turn clears I'm seeing! It was even more evident in the Oliver clear. Stunning indeed. Also the music choice was much better this time! Celica's was almost perfect. Oliver's was comical, but... it almost fit somehow. I couldn't help but chuckle at the song's ending *ding*.

@kirauza343 Yeah so, literal cake. Marisa tanking Jamke was still a highlight though.

@Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer I didn't think I was going to sit through that whole video, but I did and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The music was awesome and somehow nostalgic despite me not ever playing FE4, and I was even on the edge of my seat. Wondering how you were going to survive some of those turns. Also it seems like everyone and their mother has an Eldigan. I don't need him or anything, it's just... kinda funny I guess.

@Alexmender Just another day at the office for Eirika. Seeing her eat an Astra was awesome, but the paltry 8 damage she took from the blue mage was by far the highlight of the clear.

@Ginko Smooth as can be. Seeing Shiro take 0 from that Astra was amazing but he still had enough speed to double the sword cav. A unit with that level of bulk has no business being that fast. Even with merges. You could also have taken out the armor with Roy but you wanted to use Shiro to finish the job, showing just how much he cares about the weapon triangle. One of my favorite clears of yours to be sure. Music choice was spectacular as well. Never heard the song before, but I loved it all the same.

@Nanima @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @mcsilas @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Usana @Junkhead

Not much to say here. Everyone's been talking about how easy this GHB has been for them. It's no different for me. Matthew team does it's business as usual. I did have to try 3 times though, swapped out +SPD for a +RES refine on Matt's weapon and ran a new B skill he's had in his arsenal for quite some time. I honestly forgot I even gave it to him. Anyways, cake.

Morgan clear as usual was a bit more tricky, I spent a few more tries than Matthew trying to figure out who should be tanking Jamke as well as positioning when the answer was no one. The Guidance flier was a bit of a pain but ultimately the key once again was remembering that Ninian is a dragon and that those are absurdly powerful, even with dancer BST. I did have to throw a new positioning skill on Morgan though, so that's neat.

Since this map was so trivial, I thought it would be a good opportunity to do a special clear without taking up too much time. That ended up being a clear I've been trying to do for ages: an archer only clear. Since I did the dagger clear on the Julius GHB I've been looking for the opportunity to do one with archers but it's always either a lack of time or the map simply doesn't allow it. This one just happened to fall into my lap. On top of that, it allowed me to use some powerful toys that have been collecting dust in my barracks. This clear was a clear reminder of how far I've come in Heroes. As I rarely use even a single one of the units presented in this clear, which can potentially boggle the mind once you see who they are and what they're working with. On we go.

Feels good being current for a change.

Cheers~

@Zeo glad you enjoyed it. If you would like to see more of them, just look at my channel (I'd suggest to see the Julius and Arvis GHB's, they are more edited than the others, like this one)

On 9/4/2018 at 12:53 AM, mampfoid said:

Jamke Infernal in one turn: 

[Video]

Compared to the last bloated maps, this was much less of a hassle. Cherche continues to quad armors. 

Beautiful clear!  Sorry I haven't been around here much to comment, but I very much appreciate the tags.  :wub: 

I've been on Discord too much lately and have been neglecting the SF forums.  Tsk tsk, me.

Also, WOW, those feathers.  :drool:  Me thinks a new +10 is in order!  (Almost two, actually!)

How are people managing to clear this map on Infernal?  Are there any tanks that can actually take a hit of Jamke's Astra?  Or do people have units that can take him out in one hit?  I'm trying all my best units and just getting flattened every time.

20 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid I thought this map was going to be virtually nothing for you to clear, and I was right. After the colossus that is the Abyssal difficulty, maps like this have to be a breath of fresh air.

Yeah, it was nice to make a Flier clear again. Won't complain about this GHB being too easy, somehow I fear the introduction of Abyssal difficulty for GHBs and BHBs. 

20 hours ago, Zeo said:

Celica also strikes again. You actually have some pretty apt tactical prowess outside of 1 turn clears I'm seeing! It was even more evident in the Oliver clear. Stunning indeed. Also the music choice was much better this time! Celica's was almost perfect. Oliver's was comical, but... it almost fit somehow. I couldn't help but chuckle at the song's ending *ding*.

Wouldn't call it tactical prowess, but thanks!

Will try to keep up with the music, perhaps I'll add one track to the next one turn clear too. yt catalogue is limited though, how do I know which tracks I can add without yt blocking my video? 

20 hours ago, Zeo said:

Not much to say here. Everyone's been talking about how easy this GHB has been for them. It's no different for me. Matthew team does it's business as usual. I did have to try 3 times though, swapped out +SPD for a +RES refine on Matt's weapon and ran a new B skill he's had in his arsenal for quite some time. I honestly forgot I even gave it to him. Anyways, cake.

You really went back to TA2 for Inigo. I thought you would let him keep TA3 until he has to tank a sword?

You are right, Matthews team didn't take a sweat, congrats! I didn't think Matthew would ever equip Vantage though. 

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

Morgan clear as usual was a bit more tricky, I spent a few more tries than Matthew trying to figure out who should be tanking Jamke as well as positioning when the answer was no one. The Guidance flier was a bit of a pain but ultimately the key once again was remembering that Ninian is a dragon and that those are absurdly powerful, even with dancer BST. I did have to throw a new positioning skill on Morgan though, so that's neat.

I love the start where Morgan buffs Ninian by attacking the knight and shoves her into the line of fire. Not sure why you didn't use swap, perhaps because of the AI manipulation? Nice touch letting Morgan kill Jamke with the help of Ninians support (and Priscilla's pain). 

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

Since this map was so trivial, I thought it would be a good opportunity to do a special clear without taking up too much time. That ended up being a clear I've been trying to do for ages: an archer only clear

Didn't know you had Faye build up with the full DD9 set, she eats Raventomes and Jamkes Astra ... also Jakob with Brave+/DB3/Bold Fighter, wow. 

Cool clear, congrats! 

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

Feels good being current for a change.

Sorry for the late reply again, the weekend had many off-line times and I didn't have access to a computer (easier to write long posts on PC).

8 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Beautiful clear!  Sorry I haven't been around here much to comment, but I very much appreciate the tags.  :wub: 

I've been on Discord too much lately and have been neglecting the SF forums.  Tsk tsk, me.

Also, WOW, those feathers.  :drool:  Me thinks a new +10 is in order!  (Almost two, actually!)

Thanks! Will keep tagging you ;-) 

Tried that Discord thing, but I'm typing too slow to enter a conversation properly. 

Those feathers are my backup from HM farming, I'll keep them hoarded until I get enough copies for my third +10 unit. 

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

How are people managing to clear this map on Infernal?  Are there any tanks that can actually take a hit of Jamke's Astra?  Or do people have units that can take him out in one hit?  I'm trying all my best units and just getting flattened every time.

One way to approach this map would be a Raventome mage with Triangle Adept 3 (TA3). M!Robin with TA3 for example could take care of Jamke and the two red units. 

Another option would be a blue res tank that could kill both mages on first enemy phase (for example Oliver in my clear). Once Jamke lost his helpers, you could attack him with melee units before finishing him with a mage. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

One way to approach this map would be a Raventome mage with Triangle Adept 3 (TA3). M!Robin with TA3 for example could take care of Jamke and the two red units. 

Another option would be a blue res tank that could kill both mages on first enemy phase (for example Oliver in my clear). Once Jamke lost his helpers, you could attack him with melee units before finishing him with a mage. 

The mages aren't a particular problem, as Fjorm handles them quite well.  The issue is everything else.  If Jamke splits up from everything else, then the forest ensures that you can't maneuver enough to pick them off piecemeal.  If his forces don't split up, then that stupid lance flier ensures that Jamke is always within range of one of your units.

Ugh, this map is frustrating.

55 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

The mages aren't a particular problem, as Fjorm handles them quite well.  The issue is everything else.  If Jamke splits up from everything else, then the forest ensures that you can't maneuver enough to pick them off piecemeal.  If his forces don't split up, then that stupid lance flier ensures that Jamke is always within range of one of your units.

Ugh, this map is frustrating.

My first hint with the TA Raventome mage was wrong, I forgot Jamke got Cancel affinity. 

I did a quick clear with Fjorm (QR3 seal), Genny (Drive Def 2 seal), BH!Ike (Distant Defense 3 seal, Reposition or Smite) and Tobin (Hone SPD 1 seal).

• First player phase:
    • Fjorm gets in range of both mages
    • the rest of her teams build one horizontal line right of her in this order: Tobin, Ike and Genny
  • First enemy phase:  
    • Fjorm tanks and kills the mages 
    • Ike tanks Jamke (charging Aether)
  • Second Player phase:
    • Ike attacks Jamke
    • Genny finishes Jamke with Gravity+.
    • Tobin moves one up (can't be attacked by the lancer because of Gravity+)
    • Fjorm moves one right to have all four allies in a square formation (upper left Tobin, lower left Fjorm, lower right Genny, upper right Ike)
  • Second enemy phase:
    • Ike tanks the sword cav and the axe knight barely surviving.
    • (He needs the DEF nature or a DEF buff to pull this of. Drive Def 2 seal or Fortify DEF 2 on Genny should be enough)
  • Third player phase: 
    • Tobin kills the Knight
    • Fjorm kills the Sword Cav (Hone SPD from Tobin needed) 
    • Genny moves left out of danger
    • Ike repositions (or smites) Tobin out of danger
  • Third enemy phase: 
    • Lance Flier attacks Ike
  • Fourth player phase:
    • Ike kills Lance Flier

If you don't have those or similar units, we'll find another way. 

/Edit: I forgot my Tobin had Hone SPD equipped and it's needed by Fjorm to kill the sword cav in the end. Edited the solution accordingly. Also QR3 on Fjorm is needed, QR1 is not enough to kill the second mage. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I did a quick clear with Fjorm (QR3 seal), Genny (Drive Def 2 seal), BH!Ike (Distant Defense 3 seal, Reposition or Smite) and Tobin (Hone SPD 1 seal).

Thanks.  I often forget about the Seals, and yeah, Drive Def and Distant Def both needed to be maxed.  I replaced Genny with Elise and Tobin with Brave Lyn (because I couldn't find my Tobin nor remember what weapon type he was.  Turns out he was only level 20, anyway).  Elise couldn't finish off Jamke, but Lyn could, and Fjorm and Ike used Reposition to keep everyone out of range while we picked them off.

Most frustrating ended up being the axe knight, but I managed it with a few rounds of:  Elise attack; Fjorm Reposition; Lyn attack; Ike Reposition.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

15 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Most frustrating ended up being the axe knight, but I managed it with a few rounds of:  Elise attack; Fjorm Reposition; Lyn attack; Ike Reposition.

That was Tobin's job, Armorslayer+ kills the weakened Knight with one hit. 

Congrats on finding your own solution with Elise and Lyn! 

16 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

You are welcome. (Plus it was fun to find an alternate solution with units I rarely use)

On 9/9/2018 at 6:36 AM, Zeo said:

Stuff:

- Why does your Matthew have more Res than my Libra. Don't answer that.

- Your Matthew's still not running into all that much risks anytime soon...lol. That said, have you considered an actual solo?

- Your music game is still insane, and I'm not all that crazy for video game music to begin with.

- That music taste doesn't mix with an adorable little sheep. <3

Why do you have adorable characters on your teams. xd

@Zeo The truth is I use this build for Shiro to fight Hector and Ephraim in VG and forgot to switch to his usual build lol.

Vantage+Aether really save Mathew there and seeing him tank Bonfire from Wo Gun+ is ridiculous(Fortunately, it's not Ignis)

I thought in Morgan's clear he didn't do much. The true MVP is Ninian!!

And last clear, it's kind of wierd because I think Faye would perform better with Iceberg but it's amazing to see all archer clear anyways.

Edited by Ginko

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Will try to keep up with the music, perhaps I'll add one track to the next one turn clear too. yt catalogue is limited though, how do I know which tracks I can add without yt blocking my video? 

Video game music is typically fair game. As for the vocal songs (both japanese and english) and other stuff I tend to search and see if the song is on youtube first, that tends to be pretty safe. If not then I either switch songs or if I'm married to the song then I just put my chips down and hope for the best.

You really went back to TA2 for Inigo. I thought you would let him keep TA3 until he has to tank a sword?

You are right, Matthews team didn't take a sweat, congrats! I didn't think Matthew would ever equip Vantage though. 

It's a better economical choice in my eyes as Inigo gets clipped by red units a bit more than he should. I switch to TA3 for arena assault though.

Also Matt's had Vantage for so long I forgot I gave it to him. I got ready to sacrifice a Rein when I realized I couldn't because he had the skill already. Same for sacrificing a Peri for Threaten DEF for Ayra.

I love the start where Morgan buffs Ninian by attacking the knight and shoves her into the line of fire. Not sure why you didn't use swap, perhaps because of the AI manipulation? Nice touch letting Morgan kill Jamke with the help of Ninians support (and Priscilla's pain). 

I actually had a brainfart there. I didn't realize I could just use swap instead of sacrificing my last Gordin... that's what happens when you only have time to do these recordings late. Ah well, at least it looked cool.

Didn't know you had Faye build up with the full DD9 set, she eats Raventomes and Jamkes Astra ... also Jakob with Brave+/DB3/Bold Fighter, wow. 

She's really something. Considering how many feathers I put into building her, It's a little sad how underused she is in my barracks. I've had her built forever. I truthfully wanted to build her with Close Counter, ATK Smoke and the Close DEF seal, but CC is a rarity for me and she's not exactly high on the priority list for it. So I went for general invincibility vs ranged units.

I wanted to use more of my underused units in Arena Assault and record a run but I ran out of time sadly. Sucks too since it was Fire/Wind season and most of my best units are fire blessed along with Lyn being wind blessed. Oh well. I'm never optimal with the blessings anyway.

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Stuff:

- Why does your Matthew have more Res than my Libra. Don't answer that.

- Your Matthew's still not running into all that much risks anytime soon...lol. That said, have you considered an actual solo?

- Your music game is still insane, and I'm not all that crazy for video game music to begin with.

- That music taste doesn't mix with an adorable little sheep. <3

Why do you have adorable characters on your teams. xd

- I may as well answer. For one thing Matthew is +9, has summoner support, is -HP instead of -RES and gets +6 with his Dagger. Not to mention he'll get 1 more point when he bumps up to +10.

- I've done one or two solos where only Matt actually sees combat. Then there's that Tempest Trials run I did which was a "true" solo.

- I'm from a musically inclined family. Not only that, I used to watch a lot of anime and I play video games and listened to game soundtracks a ton. So... R&B, Soul, Rock, Pop, some Hip Hop, Movie scores & soundtracks, anime soundtracks, orchestral music, Video game soundtracks. I've listened to some of everything and I have an affinity for matching the atmosphere and setting. So I put quite a bit of effort into making sure my music matches the video, stage, battle, etc.

- That adorable little sheep has seen more than you know. She's fought, killed armors, slayed bosses and tanked everything from magic to a Brave Axe. She's an OG at this point. 

Who's adorable on my teams? ;x

46 minutes ago, Ginko said:

And last clear, it's kind of wierd because I think she would perform better with Ice Berg but it's amazing to see all archer clear.

Actually 2 things.

1. She's +DEF/-SPD.
  2. Because of that nature she's got 29/31 mixed bulk. I could have gone for 29/34 for a RES heavy bulk Faye with Iceberg who would have just a few more points of damage, but her being able to reliably tank everything with a DEF refine (32/31 bulk +18 to both) is more efficient. In this case Bonfire does identical damage. You're right about Iceberg being better for this clear though, specifically because Innes boosted Faye's RES with RES tactic.

@Zeo Nice clears! Come to think of it, Vantage is a great skill on Matthew since he has Close Counters and those debuffs!

I should really give my Ninian the upgraded version of Lightning Breath. Great use of Shove in that clear!

And wow, you've got some powerful archers there! I really enjoyed that, and boy can Faye tank that Astra! Bold Fighter on Jakob looks so delicious.

@Ginko Ah, the 0 damage ting sound on Shiro is sweet music to my ears. Too many trees for the horsies, but you did well enough with those obstacles!

@Nanima Sakura flexes her muscles surviving that sword cav! Her mixed bulk is great! Still, knishi Takumi is nice for his mobility, ignoring those trees. OG Takumi deleteing that Guidance flier is so satisfying, as did Sakura unleashing her wrath on the axe knight!

@mampfoid Jamke map is flier emblem heaven, I love how Cherche just ignored Wary Figher. Also yay, Hinoka!

@Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @NegativeExponents- @eclipse

Well after a break from videos, this map was tolerable enough to do a themed clear that I had in mind. Introducing, Jugdral units vs Jamke!

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Def/-Atk Lewyn and neutral Finn.

Music is The Last Blade - Swordsman of Gekka ~Before Daybreak~  from The Last Blade soundtrack.

-Deirdre needed the Distant Def seal equipped so the red mage wouldn't chase her and would go to the left instead. The random Res+3 I inherited from a Nino while inheriting Draw Back turned out to be really useful here, as she needed the extra Res to activate Spd Ploy against the flier. Also Draw Back is great to use in thick forest maps like these.

-Even with -Atk Lewyn's Forseti is so fun to use, not even letting Jamke fire his cheating pre-charged Astra. Needed the Spd+3 seal though.

-Finn needed a speed boost against the red mage.

@mcsilas Thanks! Yeah, Sakura is more durable than the average healer which can be really great to see. (and seeing as she's from my perspective the only one worthy of receiving it, she might make a good candidate for CC if I ever pull an OG!Takumi with crappy IVs) Sunkumi is always handy to have around when facing a more obnoxious terrain. And I can confirm that it is very satisfying to kill that flier. That one blindsided me intially and caused me a game over on hard mode because he went after Sunkumi.

As for your own clear, it was definitely impressive seeing Sigurd and Finn perform so well in territory so hostile to them. And your Lewyn's entrance was just awesome. I was also glad to see Deirdre get the kill at the end. Everyone really pulled their weight.

@mampfoid Like someone else has mentioned, I didn't think this map posed a problem for your fliers. Enemies within attack range of starting position and bunched together? Pretty much a guaranteed victory especially when NY!Azura wasn't even fielded.

I'm late to the party but here is my Infernal clear of this GHB. Initial impression that this wasn't going to end well but it turned out fine. First time Grani's Shield came in handy for a special map clear so I can't complain about that.

@mcsilas After checking  those IV... sad -atk curse on green mages. Anyways, Lewyn is so badass with his tome. I like Finn so much that +1 him, glad to see him here. 

And yayyy, Silas come to game!! I'm 100% sure that he will got demoted to 4* so you can +10 him easily. Also I'm planing to merge him too if I get him while looking for Shiro ^^