New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

YAY!!! DANCER!!!

I hope I do not get pity broken by shit like Ayra and Ares this time though.

Lewyn is pretty bad ass. Forseti got super Desperation!

1 minute ago, Florete said:

In other words, a pattern must be broken.

I hope so, but I would not count on it. Demoting a Dancer/Singer is like demoting a unit with Distant Counter. Dance/Sing is the core of a Player Phase team, just like how Distant Counter is the core of an Enemy Phase team. They have not put any Dance/Sing and Distant Counter in the 3* and 4* pool other than Olivia, Nowi, and A!Tiki who were in the game since launch.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, Forseti doesn't give +20 Speed? Banner confirmed terrible.

KIDDING, kidding!

Anyway, these are okay picks but nothing for me to use much orbs. I used all of them anyway trying for Legendary Marth, who I did get, but I'm out of orbs now so I'll probably just go for the free pull, maybe one summon circle and that's it. Wouldn't mind getting any of the trio, though.

SUPER happy Ethlyn is a freebie. Makes for an easy reunion with her son.

I don’t see why Sylvia being a dancer would keep her at 5 stars. I never see dancers anymore in arena, only dragons and armors. The only time I find myself using dancers is for AA, and even then I don’t need them most of the time

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I hope so, but I would not count on it. Demoting a Dancer/Singer is like demoting a unit with Distant Counter. Dance/Sing is the core of a Player Phase team, just like how Distant Counter is the core of an Enemy Phase team. They have not put any Dance/Sing and Distant Counter in the 3* and 4* pool other than Olivia, Nowi, and A!Tiki who were in the game since launch.

But a pattern must be broken either way. Either a dancer is demoted or a 5 skill unit is demoted when a 4 skill unit was on the same banner. And honestly, Cuan's kit looks much more desirable than Silvia's.

Edited by Florete

I'd like to point out that we've only had three dancers introduced in the regular pool since introduction, and two of those (Ninian and Airlivia) had very good reason to not be demoted (Ninian was our first and currently only dragon dancer and was the first unit with fortify dragons while Olivia was the first non-seasonal flier and came with an incredible prf for a dancer) so that's not much of a pattern there. Even in Lene's case she came with a valor skill, which we have yet to see on a non 5 star exclusive and the gap between her and Ares wasn't that large (Ares has a prf yes, but Lene has dance which is essentially a prf skill that evens that out).

Quan could still be the one to drop but as others have pointed out him having an extra skill might be enough for Sylvia to drop instead (either way though as long as one drops we'll finally get a mixed stance skill in the 4 star pool so that'll be fun).

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Maybe it will be like the Fallen Heroes banner and none of them get demoted.

I won’t be surprised, honestly.

Also I need Ethlyn’s art in my life. Can’t wait for the tempest.

Edited by Vaximillian

I really hope Cavalry can't inherit Special Spiral, otherwise Eldigan and Ares are going to be really powerful in Arena. I'm very happy, though, that it's inheritable to Infantry Tome users, because I've been waiting SO LONG for my Summer!Elise to be usable again.

6 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I really hope Cavalry can't inherit Special Spiral, otherwise Eldigan and Ares are going to be really powerful in Arena. I'm very happy, though, that it's inheritable to Infantry Tome users, because I've been waiting SO LONG for my Summer!Elise to be usable again.

I'm kinda hoping it is so I can give it to Ares and have perma-ready Aether. How would Eldigan get better with it tho?

It probably will be restricted to Infantry and Armored, but I can hope.

BEST BANNER EVER!!!  Lewyn has finally arrived and looks incredible, every FTP orb and resource I have will be used to try to get him.  Quan has great reference in his weapon and the stat boosts in his weapon and A skill should help make up a bit for cav low BST.  I love all FE4 cast, but Sylvia coming right after Lene isn't the most exciting choice.  I figure she is there as the hot waifu for people who aren't familiar with the game to pull for though.  

This is only the 2nd banner this year without an alt, the 1st is the FE4 banner in May.  This banner also flips the gender bias and we have 2 males, and 1 Female...with the one female most likely to be demoted.   To top it off Ethlyn is coming as a TT+ award!  

If this was anything but FE4 I was going to go for Miciah and Elincia on the dance banner, guess I won't get to pull on that one after all.  

Note: The Japanese voices sound so good, IMO much better.  I've been hoping for Japanese voices, English text forever hopefully it happens sometime.  

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

Maybe it will be like the Fallen Heroes banner and none of them get demoted.

This is possible, although personally I do not see Quan to be that spectacular. I am pretty biased against melee units though.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I don’t see why Sylvia being a dancer would keep her at 5 stars. I never see dancers anymore in arena, only dragons and armors. The only time I find myself using dancers is for AA, and even then I don’t need them most of the time

Demoting Dance/Sing is like demoting Distant Counter. Other than Olivia, Nowi, and A!Tiki, no unit with Dance/Sing or Distant Counter has been released into the 3* and 4* pool.

Dancers/Singers trivializes Arena until about Tier 19.5, which is where I am at right now with BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia all at 5*+10. If you can stay in Tier 20 and score around 736+, you probably will not see Dancers/Singers very much

Well, I will only pull from the banner once CYL is over.

Lewyn is a mix of Ishtar and Giga Nino. He's my favorite Gen 1 character, so I'll definitely go for him... if I get green orbs.

Cuan is Leif's dad, so definitely a very important unit storywise. He looks quite tanky. Would definitely go for him once I have Lewyn.

Silvia is the only one I didn't want to see, not because I dislike her, but because her daughter was already represented in past FE4 banner. Heroes has been featured tons of dancers recently, too many imo.

I really wished Azel would have made it because he's a very important story character, and there haven't been any red foot mages be represented since Morgan in the first FE13 banner from this year iirc. 

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Demoting Dance/Sing is like demoting Distant Counter. Other than Olivia, Nowi, and A!Tiki, no unit with Dance/Sing or Distant Counter has been released into the 3* and 4* pool.

I don’t think that’s a strong analogy. One could simply build multiple Olivia's in that case since all dancers do the same thing barring some seasonal variants. Plus Lightning Breath is only inheritable by dragons while anyone barring ranged units can have DC. 

15 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I don’t think that’s a strong analogy. One could simply build multiple Olivia's in that case since all dancers do the same thing barring some seasonal variants.

You cannot use multiple Olivias in Arena Assault and Olivia's suitability on a Player Phase team highly depends on team composition. Most players cannot afford Firesweep Bow, so a viable Player Phase team composition is pretty strict on color distribution for those players. Without a Firesweep nuke, it is simply not viable to run Olivia if one of your nukes is red, as that would leave too many enemies of a certain that are not being covered. For example, a team of SF!Nino, Ishtar, and Olivia is viable, but a team of Celicia, Ishtar, and Olivia is not (blues are not adequately covered).

16 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Plus Lightning Breath is only inheritable by dragons while anyone barring ranged units can have DC. 

The point is that they want to restrict access to Distant Counter, not whether something is inheritable. Olivia and Lightning Breath is spilled milk, but that does not mean they want to spill more by making more Dancers/Singers and units with Distant Counter or Distant Counter Weapons available in the 3* and 4* pool.

Edited by XRay