New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If all you had were 3 level-1 units against 3 enemy level-1 units, you still have a chance. It's actually easier because the weapon triangle has a less pronounced effect at lower levels.

There's just simply no way to make it so that you both always get a friends list unit and all six of the units are similar levels.

Well the other alternative to averaging things would be to just always make the enemies Lv40 in which case the Level 1 unit wouldn't really be able to contribute at all. Nerfing the friend unit would be kind of weird as part of the whole appeal is that you're using someone else's unit. I can see where they're going for averaging things but for it to really work the level range for friend units needs to be evenly spread, instead you're basically always going to get a Lv40 unit (right?) and they're going to do all the work while you're lower level unit just sits there.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well the other alternative to averaging things would be to just always make the enemies Lv40 in which case the Level 1 unit wouldn't really be able to contribute at all. Nerfing the friend unit would be kind of weird as part of the whole appeal is that you're using someone else's unit. I can see where they're going for averaging things but for it to really work the level range for friend units needs to be evenly spread, instead you're basically always going to get a Lv40 unit (right?) and they're going to do all the work while you're lower level unit just sits there.

it doesn't even average things. It literally ignores the level of the friend list unit when determining the levels of the other 4 units.

Even if it did use the average, as anyone who has done Training Tower quests can probably relate, a single level 40 can typically defeat an infinite number of level 25s because they simply cannot deal damage with that much of a level gap.

There's literally no way to make the generation of units always fair when a player is guaranteed their own unit and a unit from their friends list. Rather than leaning towards being unfair towards the player, it's obviously a better choice to be unfair towards the AI.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

it doesn't even average things. It literally ignores the level of the friend list unit when determining the levels of the other 4 units.

Even if it did use the average, as anyone who has done Training Tower quests can probably relate, a single level 40 can typically defeat an infinite number of level 25s because they simply cannot deal damage with that much of a level gap.

There's literally no way to make the generation of units always fair when a player is guaranteed their own unit and a unit from their friends list. Rather than leaning towards being unfair towards the player, it's obviously a better choice to be unfair towards the AI.

In theory yes, but I think in practice the system is probably used more for abuse than helping new players due to how easy it is to get a Lv40 unit. Given the set up of all the game, I think the only reason a player wouldn't have at least four lv 40 units is if they're still playing through the story mode and leveling up that way. If they just made the voting gauntlet a flat Lv40 for every enemy, then I don't think many people would complain. For the few that it would effect negatively, it would just be encouragement to keep playing and level their units.

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

In theory yes, but I think in practice the system is probably used more for abuse than helping new players due to how easy it is to get a Lv40 unit. Given the set up of all the game, I think the only reason a player wouldn't have at least four lv 40 units is if they're still playing through the story mode and leveling up that way. If they just made the voting gauntlet a flat Lv40 for every enemy, then I don't think many people would complain. For the few that it would effect negatively, it would just be encouragement to keep playing and level their units.

I honestly don't think anyone considers this exploit to be detrimental to the game.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I honestly don't think anyone considers this exploit to be detrimental to the game.

Oh of course not. It lets people cheese the voting gauntlet instead of playing it legitimately. That's not something people will typically complain about. Likewise people won't complain about how easy it is to grind characters to LV40. It's just me who's of the opinion that they've made it so easy to do that it might as well not even exist.

Up to 116 orbs now, and the only GHB quest I didn't finish for orbs is Narshen Cav quest. 2 CC still on my list, and 6 days left for my orbs diet for Genealogy banners.

I can do this. I can get Sigurd and hopefully Lewyn too.

Oh wow. First time I pulled for Lewyn I got him on my very first free try. Built up a hefty number of orbs, so decided to go for him again to try and get a better nature and a spare special spiral, got him on my third try. Although this one's -HP, +Res, so still not all that satisfied with the nature, but hey, spare Special Spiral. Starting to think the Bard has a thing for me. Still have 131 orbs, might go for a hatrick. Never been this lucky before.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:06 PM, sirmola said:

Not nesesairaly. everyone expected leen to be demoted in her banner, but we got ares instead (thus breaking the rule no characters with legendary weapons are demoted when characters with  non-legendary characters are avalible to demote instead, which had been a thing since forever) . This is especialy likely given that drive atk is the only drive NOT avalible at 4* rarity, and IS seems to like to add spur and drive skills to the 4* pool.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:09 PM, Roflolxp54 said:

Nah, I'd say that Quan is the most likely of the 3 to be demoted - buffbot kit (and possibly to throw a bone at the Quan fans). Silvia is a dancer (every refresh unit that isn't Olivia: Blushing Beauty is 5*-locked/seasonal). Lewyn's kit is too premium to be demoted lol.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:16 PM, Vaximillian said:

Everyone loves patterns. No dancer has been demoted, hence it’s likely that this dancer won’t either.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:32 PM, XRay said:

I hope so, but I would not count on it. Demoting a Dancer/Singer is like demoting a unit with Distant Counter. Dance/Sing is the core of a Player Phase team, just like how Distant Counter is the core of an Enemy Phase team. They have not put any Dance/Sing and Distant Counter in the 3* and 4* pool other than Olivia, Nowi, and A!Tiki who were in the game since launch.

Well now, check this out.

H1qTlPz.png

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Well now, check this out.

H1qTlPz.png

Already seen it on my own. Don't really mind Silvia getting demoted as there's now a second unique dancer that could reasonably reach +10. Though her value as fodder is fairly questionable (Barrier Blade and Mirror Stance are both situational - with Mirror Stance potentially costing 20K feathers - while Olivia's Hone Atk 3 is pretty splashable).

I think this was expected.  Either no demote, or Silvia.  No chance for Quan or Lewyn.  Great for me personally as I should be able to eventually pull a Silvia at 4 star at least, and easier to get perfect IV for her too.  Then she can pair up with Lewyn and it will be like FE4 chapter 2 again.  Save the villagers!  

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Not super surprising given Quan's sexy assist skill, but I'm still surprised they were willing to give something as powerful as barrier blade to a unit they were planning to drop.

I don't think either Barrier Blade or Safeguard would have been enough to keep a unit 5-star-exclusive. Lene happened to also have Sword Valor and Firestorm Dance, of which the former strongly suggests exclusivity and the latter is a rather good skill.

The problem with Barrier Blade is that Reinhardt exists and deletes most red units regardless of its existence. Just in two hits instead of one.

Holsety is blocked by Wary Fighter and forces Levn to run Lancebreaker to get past it. Dire Thunder gives no fucks about Wary Fighter or the fact that sword armors have shit for Res.

As a reminder, the sword armor with the highest Res in the summoning pool is Zelgius with 21 Res. Compare that to the lance armor with the lowest Res in the summoning pool, Effie, with 23 Res.

Finally, Swordbreaker is likely the most commonly used Weaponbreaker skill in the game due to the fact that sword users have some of the highest Spd stats in the game.

It really stinks that this banner lasted way less than all the other New Heroes banners. Normally they last four weeks, this only two. 

It was the only one off Legendary and CYL banner which interested me. And thanks to investing in CYL I had only very few orbs left.

The result for seven summonings was amazing (Lewyn and Elincia). Still I really wanted to pull more (at least Cuan).

7 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

It really stinks that this banner lasted way less than all the other New Heroes banners. Normally they last four weeks, this only two. 

It was the only one off Legendary and CYL banner which interested me. And thanks to investing in CYL I had only very few orbs left.

The result for seven summonings was amazing (Lewyn and Elincia). Still I really wanted to pull more (at least Cuan).

Two weeks is the standard for New Heroes banners. It's only recently that any have started exceeding three weeks.

• Family Bonds: 2/15 - 2/27
  • Sibling Bonds: 2/27 - 3/14
  • Blazing Shadows: 3/14 - 3/30
  • World of Shadows: 4/14 - 4/26
  • World of Radiance: 4/26 - 5/15
  • Rite of Shadows: 5/15 - 5/30
  • Echoes of Mystery: 6/14 - 6/30
  • Alm's/Celica's Army: 7/13 - 7/28
  • The Sacred World: 8/15 - 8/31
  • Brave Heroes: 8/31 - 9/15
  • Dauntless Crimeans: 9/15 - 9/29
  • World of Holy War: 10/16 - 10/30