I’m confused about Supports

SMEDIA

I’m playing through this game for the first time. Things are going well; I just beat the chapter where you recruit Clarine and Rutger and I’ve recruited everybody with no deaths.

As for Supports, I got the B Support for Roy and Lance, the B Support for Lance and Alan, and the B Support for Ward and Lot.

In the chapter I just played, I sat around for 350 turns after killing everything and still couldn’t get the A Support for Alan and Lance, and the A Support for Ward and Lot. I also tried the Clarine and Rutger Support because I was certain those two could Support with one another, but even after 350 turns I didn’t get their Support.

So, WITHOUT GIVING ME ANY HINTS AS TO WHO SHOULD SUPPORT WITH WHOM, can someone clarify why these Supports aren’t popping up?

5 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I could very well be wrong on this but I think there’s a limit to how many support points can be gained by a unit in one chapter

No, you're not wrong. There's a limitted amount of points to be gained per chapter, and it's overall, not by unit. I think it's like about 120 points.

If you want something more in-depth on how it works, it's like so:

120 points per chapter, and it's shared between all the support options. So, using 4 characters (A, B, C, D) as an example, this means that with those 120 points, you can:

* Use all 120 on AxB

* Use 60 for AxB and 60 for AxC

* 60 for AxB, 30 for AxC, and 30 for CxD

* 60 for AxB, 60 for CxD

And other possible combinations. One thing to keep in mind is that unlike other games, you can trigger more than one support level in the same chapter, if you get the points required to do so. It's actually not that hard to trigger since 120 points is more than enough if you already built up a few points beforehand (and exactly what you need from none to B rank, C to A needs at least 20 points beforehard since 140 are needed to go from C to A).

Edited by Acacia Sgt