Importing music to FEBuilder GBA

Zeldacrafter_Swagg

Hello !

I've been working on a hack for some while, and now I'd like to do something I've never done before : Importing custom music to FE8. I know it's a difficult thing to do, and after having tried (and abandoned) importing music from various sources (Most noticeably games like Ib, Majora's Mask, FE9/10 and a lot of others), I wanted to know if it was possible to import music from other GBA games, or at least the two other FE. It would be on FEBuilder, as you can tell by the tags. Also, I can't afford to spend money on this, so if I need any other application, it should be free.

I don't know if it's important (Probably not) but here's the list of music I'd like to import :

Spoiler

The Binding Blade :

-Dignity (Murdock's Theme)
-Melancholy (Brunnya's Theme)
-Suspicious (Narcian's Theme)
-The Last Dragon
-Polar Region
-Frontier
And of course : Shaman In The Dark (Nothing beat this music)

Blazing Blade :

-Together We Ride (Of course)
-Merlinus
-Softly With Grace
-Reminiscence
-Attack !
-Everything Into The Dark
-Campaign Of Fire
-Companions
-Unshakable Faith (My fave !)

And for other games :

Metroid Zero Mission/Fusion :

-Kraid's Lair
-Vs. Ridley
-Vs. Nightmare

Mother 3 :

-Porky's Theme
-Unfounded Revenge
-Family Matters (2nd Movement)
-Smashing Song Of Praise
-Strong One

Others :

Fountains of Dreams (Kirby : Nightmare in Dreamland)
Mute City (F-Zero GP : Legends)
Vaati's Wrath (The Minish Cap)

So, is it possible ? Thanks for reading anyway, and, well, I hope someone out here will be kind enough to help me !

Yeah, using FEBuilder is the easiest way to import from other games (i think). If you go into the Song Table -> Song Track Editor, there's a button labeled "Song Import from another game".

Press that and you'll see 2 columns. On the right hand side, open the other rom that you wish to import from. It'll bring up a list of the song numbers in hexadecimal. Choose the one you want to import, then choose what song number you want to import it to on the left hand side and hit import. That should just about do it.

As for songs not from other gba games, it just takes time and practice. Start off with simple midis and edit them until they sound good in game. You'll learn a lot just by doing that.

9 hours ago, Master Awesome said:

Yeah, using FEBuilder is the easiest way to import from other games (i think). If you go into the Song Table -> Song Track Editor, there's a button labeled "Song Import from another game".

Press that and you'll see 2 columns. On the right hand side, open the other rom that you wish to import from. It'll bring up a list of the song numbers in hexadecimal. Choose the one you want to import, then choose what song number you want to import it to on the left hand side and hit import. That should just about do it.

As for songs not from other gba games, it just takes time and practice. Start off with simple midis and edit them until they sound good in game. You'll learn a lot just by doing that.

Thanks a lot ! It works !

...Well, it works for FE6,7 and 8, F-ZERO GP and Golden Sun. But that's a good beginning, right ? (I can do with only FE6 and 7 musics anyways)

Try using a program called VGMTrans (find the GitHub on Google so you have the latest version) to import song files from those other games. Literally just a matter of dragging and dropping the ROM into the program. Let me know how it goes.