I love the coats archers have in this game (and other ramblings/analysis)

The DanMan

Been re-watching the trailer some for the sake of analysis now that it's been a couple months. Apologies in advance for not spoiler tagging images; I tried but having more than a couple in a post with the newer site causes the formatting to be completely borked.

Here's Claude: threehouses-battle3.jpg 

Blue-haired ally archer: https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/three-houses-e3-screens/NintendoSwitch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_scrn01_E3.jpg

From what I can tell, females just have capes instead (and of course thigh-highs): https://s33.postimg.cc/m545kcxhr/Images_and_Videos_-_Serenes_Forest_-_Comodo_Dragon_9_5_2018_8_17.png

Also, assuming the fights we see are only mock battles and every character is recruitable, that's four Archers already:
>Claude
>Blue-haired ally guy
>Hilda
>Blondie behind her (https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/threehouses-foes.jpg)

I think it's safe to say there won't be any 2nd gen, since that would necessitate only a couple characters of each class in 1st gen. Though they could work around it by cutting down on available classes which I also think is a very real possibility (4 archers right off the batt?).

To finish off my rambling, Mercedes looks to be the first female myrmidon (unless she's a mercenary, then...) in nearly a decade without a Japanese-influenced design (Say'ri and Hana).

Actually, one more thing: Edelgard is confirmed to have her own unique class (Aristocrat), and Dimitri is implied to have his own class (his design doesn't mesh up with the generic infantry lancers shown, plus he has a sword at his hip-- though that could be for decoration). Claude is the odd one out, as he has a coat that is shared with generic male Archers, implying he'll just be that.

Edited by The DanMan

To me it really feels like #2 and 4 are wearing religious garbs, not coats like Claude's. I think him and Hilda are the only actual archers of the bunch, as we know them anyway.

Same for Mercedes. Her using a sword really isn't enough for me to believe she's a myrmidon. If anything, she's only evasive enough with an iron sword to lower Ed's accuracy by 4, and that just seems too low.

Good point about the second gen still though, there is a bit of redundance already if we're eventually recruiting all of these people.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

To me it really feels like #2 and 4 are wearing religious garbs, not coats like Claude's. I think him and Hilda are the only actual archers of the bunch, as we know them anyway.

Same for Mercedes. Her using a sword really isn't enough for me to believe she's a myrmidon. If anything, she's only evasive enough with an iron sword to lower Ed's accuracy by 4, and that just seems too low.

Good point about the second gen still though, there is a bit of redundance already if we're eventually recruiting all of these people.

Either way, the abundance of bow classes in the earlygame is interesting to see. Unless they reshuffled things, of course (like Saizo being shown on Hoshido Chapter 7 despite actually being recruited later, for instance).

The bit about evasion could be the result of several things; low stats and a re-tooled evasion formula could be to blame. The generic design they used for her in the trailer looks rather lightly armored, so I'm personally assuming myrm (but also leaving options open).