What are your unpopular Smash opinions?

Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

I completely agree. With his addition, we now have 7 FE characters; 4 of whom have movesets derived from Marth. I would be fine with 7 FE characters, but there needed to be variety. Plus, it adds to Awakening's overrepresentation. 

If it had to be an Echo Fighter, why not Micaiah as a Zelda Echo, or Celica as a Robin Echo? 

Because Awakening sold more than those two games combined and they were already modeling Chrom for Robin's final smash. Not that I don't agree with you, but those probably are the rationale the Smash team were going through when they decided to make Chrom a fighter.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I completely agree. With his addition, we now have 7 FE characters; 4 of whom have movesets derived from Marth. I would be fine with 7 FE characters, but there needed to be variety. Plus, it adds to Awakening's overrepresentation. 

If it had to be an Echo Fighter, why not Micaiah as a Zelda Echo, or Celica as a Robin Echo? 

Probably because Chrom was a popular want, Sakurai himself even stated it when Chrom and Dark Samus were revealed that they were both heavily requested characters.

The same people who voted for Celica in Heroes or like Micaiah likely didn't vote for them back when the vote was a thing, not to mention Chrom's status as a buttmonkey in Smash 4 got him even more support because people felt cheated he wasn't included along with Lucina and Robin in the first place.

Edited by Ashen Jedi

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

After watching the Gamexplain analysis on World of Light, I have a theory that’s not going to be popular with the Smash community. 

Galeem is Light Yagami. 

I think it will be, at the very least, more popular than the Subspace Emissary.

Also Galeem is definitely all of Sakurai's anger at the ungrateful Smash Bros. fan base manifested.

4 hours ago, Ashen Jedi said:

Probably because Chrom was a popular want, Sakurai himself even stated it when Chrom and Dark Samus were revealed that they were both heavily requested characters.

The same people who voted for Celica in Heroes or like Micaiah likely didn't vote for them back when the vote was a thing, not to mention Chrom's status as a buttmonkey in Smash 4 got him even more support because people felt cheated he wasn't included along with Lucina and Robin in the first place.

Yeah; I figured that was likely the reason. But still, I was extremely disappointed by the reveal of Chrom as a playable fighter, though not as disappointed as I was by the Incineroar reveal. By the way, does being disappointed by the Incineroar reveal count as an unpopular opinion?

13 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; I figured that was likely the reason. But still, I was extremely disappointed by the reveal of Chrom as a playable fighter, though not as disappointed as I was by the Incineroar reveal. By the way, does being disappointed by the Incineroar reveal count as an unpopular opinion?

I think it's more 50-50 some people wanted him, others didn't, some are being won over by how he plays, others aren't. 

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I think it will be, at the very least, more popular than the Subspace Emissary.

Also Galeem is definitely all of Sakurai's anger at the ungrateful Smash Bros. fan base manifested.

Lol. 

But from what I hear, Subspace is pretty popular as a lot of people were bummed out by 4 not having an adventure mode. 

But the evidence for my my theory is this. 

Galeem’s name really doesn’t have any significant meaning in any language, at least not one relevant to Galeem himself. However, “Galeem” is phonetically similar to the word “gleam” as in “a gleam of light.” 

And in the Japanese version, Galeem is called “Kiira” which is very similar to “Kira” which was Light’s handle throughout the Death Note series. Both names even have the same basing of the English word “killer”. 

So in short, Galeem is thematically similar to Light, and Kiira is remarkably similar to Kira. 

Furthermore, the entire “World of Light” adventure mode is based around Galeem killing off the Smash cast and recreating the world with him as its god. In Death Note, Light had very similar aspirations for Earth; wanting to kill off the degenerates of the world and recreate it with him at the top. 

And a ragtag bunch of fighters I would assume would fit the degenerate bill quite well in Yagami-San’s eyes. 

There isn’t much else left to discuss except gestures for now, as the game isn’t out yet. 

I want some Touhou representation, specifically I want Momiji and Reimu as assist trophies

apparently from what I've seen the Japanese base really doesn't want that series touching Smash

Maybe some Fortnite representation with a stage and a couple of tracks, maybe even give the cast some dances as taunts

I want leif from Fire Emblem:Thracia 776 to be in smash. Yes I know "Another Fe character?". I mostly just want him for rep of the rest of Fe franchise. If I am being honest it's never going to happen, and I expect the fanbase will go nuts if it does. Honestly at this point it's clear masahiro sakurai is doing whatever he wants, so who knows. I would hope he would be in his Master knight class(being on a horse) and use EVERY weapon type(just like how the Master knight class, has access to all sorts of weapons in Fe 4). This would not only distinguish himself from the rest of the Fe roster but make him stand out in general for smash bros. This would also create new interest for Fe, and his games specifically. 

• 2 weeks later...

^I would at least want background music of Thracia or Genealogy on one stage. I've never played those games but the music they use for stages in Heroes is amazing. 

OT: I don't endorse or follow the tier list because it is pointless when I'm not good at this game. Also, it will kill my enjoyment for playing as my favorite characters. 

Edited by Smog