Imagine if this was in North America

Zihark11

16 minutes ago, Crimson Red said:

ok

You know, I believe the rules prohibit spam.

-----

This is actually something I've wanted for a long time and it makes me salty that we don't have them here... I really like card games. It would be cool if, just as there are amazing fans who do projects to translate videogames, there were projects for card games, haha.

The problem here is that Cipher would have to compete against Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Magic, which, at least in the US, is a big problem - there's a reason not very many new card games kick off and become a big thing, and part of that is that those three TCGs are already so big that it's hard for anything new to gain any footing when kids and parents are busy trying to keep up with one of those three. If someone wants to be like me and juggle multiple TCGs, they'll almost certainly fall behind on one or more in terms of competitive play.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

Unfortunately CCGs are hard to do now in "insert current year". One of the biggest problems is keeping a community that will be spread out far and wide.

yeah agreed it would for sure not be very popular sadly.

1 hour ago, Chopper... said:

-----

This is actually something I've wanted for a long time and it makes me salty that we don't have them here... I really like card games. It would be cool if, just as there are amazing fans who do projects to translate videogames, there were projects for card games, haha.

yeah that would be awesome i already play Magic, Force of Will and yugioh and id quit them all for Fire Emblem. 

32 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The problem here is that Cipher would have to compete against Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Magic, which, at least in the US, is a big problem - there's a reason not very many new card games kick off and become a big thing, and part of that is that those three TCGs are already so big that it's hard for anything new to gain any footing when kids and parents are busy trying to keep up with one of those three. If someone wants to be like me and juggle multiple TCGs, they'll almost certainly fall behind on one or more in terms of competitive play.

Yeah which sucks. Dragon ball card game is doing well atm in the States only which is good but has such a huge fan base to back it up, Fire emblem has a huge fanbase but never branched out into anything more then video games in North america i mean.

6 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Yeah which sucks. Dragon ball card game is doing well atm in the States only which is good but has such a huge fan base to back it up, Fire emblem has a huge fanbase but never branched out into anything more then video games in North america i mean.

Dragonball's TCG is the only reason I still hold onto hope for Cipher, honestly - if it can get itself settled and make it long enough without getting quashed, there's a chance FE's fanbase can do the same. I actually play Cipher with some friends each week alongside Pokemon and YGO, and we often get questions about the game, with the conversation usually ending in 'Well, I'd totally give it a try, but it's all in Japanese so...yeah. Good luck!'

I hold onto Cipher because of Final Fantasy rather, and that took 8 years to be localized when that begun in Japan.

There are multiple problems with making a card game in English as you all described, and there would need to be a profit turnover to be worth making the card game in the first place too.

I don't know if the fan base is big enough to make Cipher big in the west. Possibly not.

Honestly, it wouldn't really matter to me. The language barrier doesn't really matter with the well done translations on the serenes wiki, just put a translation in the card's sleeve. I convinced four friends so far to play it and it's all the competition I need. Cipher coming to Europe would be good for my wallet though, transport cost and customs fees are crippling.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:43 PM, Chopper... said:

-----

fixed, mini-modder

I do wish it were in English but since it's not I'm just making do with what I have

On 07/09/2018 at 2:50 PM, Zihark11 said:

yeah that would be awesome i already play Magic, Force of Will and yugioh and id quit them all for Fire Emblem. 

A fellow Magic player :lol:!! ... I like that one so much. Aaand yet, yeah, I would quit them all for Fire Emblem too.

On 07/09/2018 at 1:22 PM, Crimson Red said:

ok, I will imagine it

Hahahaha, good one :P: