(Br) Any fun challenge runs?

MyLuckyHaiku

On 9/8/2018 at 4:15 PM, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Really? Then again this being Birthright there aren't very many (Natural) Axe/Club users, And I don't really use axes/clubs, So I don't know much about them

Axes are 10/10 in CQ. There are so many lance/shuriken enemies. I don't recall what the predominant enemy weapons are in BR. You don't get bolt axe or brave axe in BR either :(. Dual club is amazing though. Any WT reversing weapon is amazing imo.

Limitations forcing you to use classes or units in new ways is always fun. It's part of what made me realize wyvern!Elise is viable and really strong.

Berserker in Chapter 14 drops Bolt Axe. I always try to capture this guy, he's a nice fellow.

Combined Lance + Shuriken is the least populated enemy weapon triangle group in Birthright unfortunately. Lots of Lance users but like... no Shuriken users.

37 minutes ago, Dean said:

Berserker in Chapter 14 drops Bolt Axe. I always try to capture this guy, he's a nice fellow.

Combined Lance + Shuriken is the least populated enemy weapon triangle group in Birthright unfortunately. Lots of Lance users but like... no Shuriken users.

I've only played BR once. I couldn't remember :/ That's cool though. Malig knight Corrin go go go!

There's a large concentration of shuriken users in Chapter 10, and much later in the game you run into maids who wield daggers (they aren't big in numbers, though).  Incidentally, Chapter 10 is one of the more challenging chapters in Birthright.

For the most part, it's a lot of axe and lance users, mixed with a decent number of mages, a few straight up sword users, and the occasional bow user who is more than likely just a bandit trying to run off with treasure (easily destroyed by any samurai who is properly leveled).  And a good chunk of the dagger users are primarily healers.

9 hours ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

I brought it up because I'm tired and can't think. But anyways what I mean is after a while you get tons of gold bars. And I've noticed if you pay for a lower level skirmish and you beat it, You pretty much get enough to do it again. So if you have Profiteer you can get back your spent skirmish money And get extra. And from a day of doing that (And not spending gold on anything but skirmishes) I had around 80.000

Bold: Not exactly if you aren't on normal mode - more often than not, you end up with a net loss because the dropped gold is less than what you paid to spawn the enemies to start with. And again, Profiteer is very far from reliable - I'd be much better off using Ghostly Gold or Museum Melee.

4 hours ago, Centh said:

Axes are 10/10 in CQ. There are so many lance/shuriken enemies. I don't recall what the predominant enemy weapons are in BR. You don't get bolt axe or brave axe in BR either :(. Dual club is amazing though. Any WT reversing weapon is amazing imo.

Limitations forcing you to use classes or units in new ways is always fun. It's part of what made me realize wyvern!Elise is viable and really strong.

Too bad that outside of Camilla and Scarlet, most axe units in Fates are mediocre at best... I'd much rather use bows since I would be using better units that I would be for axes (again, excepting the aforementioned Scarlet and Camilla). It doesn't really help this is Murphy's Law: The Game. Incidentally, I never found the Bolt Axe or Brave Axe to be worth using - the former is a magic weapon, and guess what stat axe units tend to suck in? The latter is drearily inaccurate, which is no bueno when considering axe units aren't exactly known for high skill...

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Bold: Not exactly if you aren't on normal mode - more often than not, you end up with a net loss because the dropped gold is less than what you paid to spawn the enemies to start with. And again, Profiteer is very far from reliable - I'd be much better off using Ghostly Gold or Museum Melee.

Too bad that outside of Camilla and Scarlet, most axe units in Fates are mediocre at best... I'd much rather use bows since I would be using better units that I would be for axes (again, excepting the aforementioned Scarlet and Camilla). It doesn't really help this is Murphy's Law: The Game. Incidentally, I never found the Bolt Axe or Brave Axe to be worth using - the former is a magic weapon, and guess what stat axe units tend to suck in? The latter is drearily inaccurate, which is no bueno when considering axe units aren't exactly known for high skill...

Since I only have free DLC I can't quite play Ghostly Gold and Museum Melee, So I'm stuck with unreliable strategies.

Also, My Mozu!Mitama!Kana (Great knight) mainly uses a Bolt Axe, Because her Mag is only slightly lower then her Str, But if the enemy has high Res I have her use a Kodachi.