Seasonal Unit Wishlist and Speculation Thread

Mercakete

Honestly, I'd love a banner featuring all the seasons in 1. Meaning, four units each signifying one season. One for Spring, one for Summer, another for Fall/Autumn, and another for Winter/Yule. Now, for who would be the best units for such a banner...well, let's go a bit into RWBY here.

I'm not going to bother explaining RWBY lore, so I'll just say that Spring has to do with knowledge, Summer has to do with destruction, Fall is choice, and Winter is creation. Which characters, in the Fire Emblem universe, have the best likelihood for each category? Well, let's go for some godly beings for this one.

Knowledge, for Spring, would be Naga. Destruction, for Summer, would be Medeus. Choice, for Fall, would be Anankos. Creation, for Winter, would be Yudu/Gran; failing that, Ashunera.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• 4 weeks later...

I thought up more! Some I'm sure I thought about before, but I must've forgotten them.

First, HECK YEAH JUICE BOTTLE DAGGER! If Dagger Shinon becomes a thing, I can give that to him if he doesn't come with something like it himself. A wish has been somewhat answered, and so soon; I'm a little beside myself...

Ahem. Anyway...

Any Halloween Gaius. This should be a no-brainer. The dude's obsessed with candy. I could see him wearing the laziest costume ever, maybe even wearing a sign that says something like "just give me candy" and using a gigantic candy sack as a weapon (not entirely dissimilarly to Christmas Chrom's sack o' gifts, except notably emptier since I imagine he'd hide the candy once the bag starts getting a bit full so that he can just keep filling it up.) One of his quotes might even be something like "Treat or treat?"

Also, since we have a ninja in a maid costume, why not a maid in a ninja costume? Felicia would be good for this. Clumsy Ninja. Could be cute, especially since a clumsy ninja is such an oxymoron. XD

Grim Reaper Arvis wielding a flaming reaper scythe. A bunch of will-o-wisps could be burning all around him at all times, too. He achieves what few antagonists do in the FE series: guaranteed full party wipe. "Grim Reaper" fits him very well, and his standard weapon of choice only adds to that. He'd look good in the costume, too, I think. Granted, Surtr had a similar weapon in Sinmara (in that it was a flaming scythe) but certainly a less Muspellian take on the same concept is possible and can be made very distinct from Sinmara, especially by making it more sleek and less bulky, and resembling a classic reaper scythe more. Also, just to confuse people yet more, this could easily be made into a lance or something for color variation. (An egg can be a tome. Holiday weapons don't have to make sense.)

Charon Nasir. There are a few people in FE who ferry the main cast around to their desired locations, but I think that Nasir would pull off this costume the best. There's a lot of room for interpretation, and he doesn't already have pirate vibes going for him. Nasir as the ferryman who takes the lost souls across the river Styx... Could be fun.

Frilly princess Flavia and/or frilly prince Basilio. Just, going all out on the frilly/"pretty" garb...but, of course, they behave the same as they normally do and don't see how their behavior clashes with that they're wearing. XD

Swamp monster Azura. She has an association with water, and a swamp monster/swamp witch costume could be pretty cool on her. I guess "mermaid" could be a thing, too, but why not go with something a little more monster-y and less typical?

Pirate captain Naesala. Flying unit, most likely, but he could wield a weapon instead of transforming for this. His base version should definitely transform, of course, but this is fine for an alt. Maybe he could be a sword unit, wielding a cutlass. Being a pirate captain would be perfect, though, given the ravens' reputation as...well, pirates. But nautical-looking, this time!

Unmasked Gerome, referencing at the end of the Future Past DLC episode where no one recognizes him without his mask on. XD

Culturally insensitive Leo/Takumi or Xander/Ryouma, dressing up in all of the stereotypes of the other country. This could be fantastic.

Celica Fae. When the guy you like likes someone else and you get desperate enough to try to look exactly like her... That'd be the theme here.

Cupid Virion. Could be Valentines', and could even fit within that theme I talked about in an earlier post, but it would work for a Halloween costume, too. Flying colorless bow.

White Heron Oliver. Nuff said.

Werewolf Rafiel. Maybe he's trying to get closer to Nailah or something. It'd be cute. I can't think of a weapon, though... Transforming into a wolf wouldn't make sense since he's still a heron.

Tiger Tormod. He's essentially considered a cub anyway, so Tormod dressing up like a young tiger Laguz would be great/cute. FE9 version. Muarim should also get involved, but I'm not sure how.

Also, moving away from Halloween, Spring Joshua would be good. He could be a Black Jack Rabbit for the puns, gambling, and variety. (So far, all of the rabbit costumes have had white fur and been all pastelly. Being in a rabbit/black jack dealer costume with black fur would be funny.)

• 5 weeks later...

Reviving thread post because it's no wonder people forgot this existed and made their own holiday prediction threads.

So, the GM's doing a gift drive for Christmas would be totally in-character. They sometimes do work for charity anyway, so working to collect gifts for sick children or something would be right up their alley. :) Soren would be making sure the operation ran smoothly, and the only grinch in the party I can think of (who may actually secretly believe in the cause) would be Shinon. The GM's are actually quite big-hearted.

• 1 month later...

Reviving again with more ideas!

I know a lot of people wouldn't like this, but maybe others think like I do and would like this: Nifl Christmas characters. They already have that wintry aspect to them, so why not? (Also, this way Hrid could get a pegasus. His DX crown's just asking for it with the little wing on the side!)

I want a broken unit staff armor that can fly.

Oliver: Santa's Santa

40/40/40/40/40

Weapon: Naughty List: 14 Mt, 2 Rng
Foe cannot counterattack. Calculates damage from staff as twice of other weapons. Unit can move 1 extra space. Unit can traverse terrain like flying units.

Assist: Early Present: 1 Rng
If target has a skill on the B slot that needs to be under certain amount of HP to trigger (e.g.: Desperation, Vantage) set HP to that amount; if already at that amount or unit does not have those B skills, then heal HP to 100%.

Special: Bag of Charcoals: 1 Cooldown
When healing an ally with a staff, resets Special cooldown of all foes, and inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" (Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat, but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.); inflicts status on all foes preventing counterattacks through their next actions; inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7 on all foes through their next actions; grants all foes Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 and converts bonuses into penalties through their next actions; inflicts status all foes restricting movement to 1 space through their next actions.

A: Arctic Relay Defender+:
Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. Grants HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res+10. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+20 during combat.

B: Winter Fighter:
Unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

C: Good List: At start of turn, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 to unit and allies within 3 spaces for 1 turn, and neutralizes ally's penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through ally's next action.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

40/40/40/40/40

Foe cannot counterattack. Calculates damage from staff as twice of other weapons. Unit can move 1 extra space. Unit can traverse terrain like flying units.

If target has a skill on the B slot that needs to be under certain amount of HP to trigger (e.g.: Desperation, Vantage) set HP to that amount; if already at that amount or unit does not have those B skills, then heal HP to 100%.

When healing an ally with a staff, resets Special cooldown of all foes, and inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" (Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat, but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.); inflicts status on all foes preventing counterattacks through their next actions; inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7 on all foes through their next actions; grants all foes Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 and converts bonuses into penalties through their next actions; inflicts status all foes restricting movement to 1 space through their next actions.

Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. Grants HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res+10. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+20 during combat.

Unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

C: Good List: At start of turn, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 to unit and allies within 3 spaces for 1 turn, and neutralizes ally's penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through ally's next action.

I kind of wish this would happen, so that I can justify quitting Heroes for myself... It's not that I actually want to quit it, but the more broken armour units get added, the less fun the game is :/

2 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

I kind of wish this would happen, so that I can justify quitting Heroes for myself... It's not that I actually want to quit it, but the more broken armour units get added, the less fun the game is :/

Feh Channel is coming up. I think that is a good time to justify quitting if you need find some excuse for yourself to quit. There are usually some disappointing news in each video.

17 hours ago, XRay said:

40/40/40/40/40

I kind of what a high-quality joke video of this unit being announce...and really really hope IS doesn't think we're serious. Because, well... Imagine being the only person to NOT pull this guy.

Well, this may not be related but the new Tap Battle accessories include Takumi's Mochi and the whole Tap Battle is Hoshidian themed~ So maybe Hoshido characters will be the ones we're getting on the Christmas Banner?

25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Well, this may not be related but the new Tap Battle accessories include Takumi's Mochi and the whole Tap Battle is Hoshidian themed~ So maybe Hoshido characters will be the ones we're getting on the Christmas Banner?

Hmm maybe. That would make a lot of sense. Also on the "white vs black" front, it could totally be called "White Christmas." Hoshidans seem to usually get the seasonal banners while the Nhorians get the regular ones.

Oh man, given the recent PoR stuff, I wonder if the seasonal stuff will actually be the GM's helping out a down-and-out village with a toy drive! 8D That would be so great! The story would be so precious!

On 11.12.2018 at 6:49 AM, Mercakete said:

Hoshidans seem to usually get the seasonal banners while the Nhorians get the regular ones.

Eh, considering the Hoshidans have always, always shared their seasonal banners with Nohrians and others, while we also had a complete Nohrian Summer, that statement doesn't hold. Hoshidan Summer had exactly one unit actually from that place.

It would be more accurate to say that Hoshido often serves as a background to seasonal banners that feature a variety of units. Since I don't see that happening for Christmas, I don't have high hopes for anything. Japan doesn't really have their own Christmas traditions. Maybe we will get a Sakura or Hinoka, but in that case Elise and/or Leo are all but guaranteed to appear as well.

I am so desperate. I want Rinkah as a seasonal. Charlotte got a seasonal unit and so shall Rinkah. D= Where is Rinkah, has anyone seen Rinkah?
I see myself posting in 2 Years that I still want Rinkah.

Edited by Stroud

• 3 weeks later...

Going to update again because it seems the game is doing alt. banners every month now.

Seasonal Unit speculations for the remainder of the year:

May- Bridal/Groom Banner - Lucina, Eirika, Sigurd, Arvis, TT Unit: Deirdre 

June- Summer I Banner: Alm, Faye, Clive, Mathilda, TT Unit: Kliff

July- Summer II Banner: Chrom, Tharja, Reinhardt, Ishtar, TT Unit: Summer Awakening Anna

August- Summer Festival Banner: Owain, Severa, Silvia, Lewyn, TT Unit: Lene

September- School Idol Theme: Caeda, Lilina, Sharena, Mae, TT Unit: Young Tiki

October- Halloween: Oboro, Aversa, Gaius, Male Kana, TT Unit: Sonya

November- Young Version of Character theme: Young Gustav, Young Henriette, Young Mikoto, Young Sumeragi, TT Unit: Young Gunter 

December- Holiday Banner: Marth, Lyon, Celica, Female Kana, TT Unit: Nino  

Edited by Cron

• 1 month later...

So, I really enjoyed this year's Valentine's banner! Still pulling on it, in fact. But it also made me think of some great Valentine's hero ideas!

A FE4 theme would be awesome, I think, centering around Sigurd, Diedre, and Alvis. Azel could be thrown in, too, so we'd have 4 units, and since he's related to Alvis but more on Sigurd's side, but I think he'd be better off in a separate event centering around Adean and her many, many suitors. I'd include Seliph, Julia and Julius, but that'd be 2 too many units for a 4-person banner. Anyway, seeing Sigurd, Diedre and Alvis trying to celebrate the Day of Devotion cordially, trying to resolve their complex relational status with one another, could be funny, or at least interesting. Something like... (I'll do this Forging Bonds style for the sake of simplicity, except broken into 4 events instead of 3.)

Diedre: There are so many people around... And they all look so happy.

Sigurd: Well, today is the Day of Devotion after all. It's a time to express one's appreciation for those who are important to them.

Diedre: Yes. It is...such a wonderful celebration.

Sigurd: Yes, it is... And though I am delighted to celebrate it with you, my dear, I do not quite understand why we are not doing so...alone.

Alvis: There is no need for pretenses, Sir Sigurd. I am well aware of your animosity towards me, and I will admit that it is well-founded. But you know as well as I that today is not a day for enemies, but for peace, harmony, and appreciation. Please, do not ruin this day for our dear Diedre. The complexity of this situation must be difficult enough for her.

Sigurd: Grr... I must admit, you have a point. For Diedre, then. Let us do our utmost to make this a pleasant Day of Devotion for her.

Later...

Sigurd and Alvis: Diedre- ...

Diedre: Yes, Sigurd? Alvis? Oh. Who are those gifts for?

Sigurd and Alvis: For you.

Diedre: Oh. Um, how thoughtful. Thank you both.

Alvis: Of course. May my gift be proof of my devotion, my dear.

Sigurd: (Grr, that Alvis...) Y-yes, mine as well.

Diedre: Oh, how lovely! This ruby necklace...and these sapphire earrings... These are too exquisite.

Alvis: Nonsense.

Sigurd: If anything, these pieces of jewelry dim in light of your radiance.

Diedre: Oh, Sigurd... How flattering. Hmm but now that I look at them, even though they are lovely separately, I think that they look even better together. Thank you both. I'm humbled by such lavish gifts.

Sigurd: Please, think nothing of it.

Alvis: As Sir Sigurd said, you are far more beautiful than they. It is we who must thank you for allowing us to bathe in such beauty.

Diedre: Alvis... You're both too kind.

Later...

Diedre: Oh, look at these!

Sigurd: Hmm... These bracelets look like the earrings I got you.

Alvis: And the necklace I got you.

Diedre: Yes, except that there is only a single gem in each of them, and they come in so many colors... I was thinking about getting a sapphire one for Seliph, a ruby one for Julius, and

an amethyst one for Julia. It would be like a connection between our entire family. What do you think? Would they like them?

Sigurd: What a marvelous idea! If you explain it like that, I am certain that Seliph would love it. The Seliph summoned to this world may not be the one we remember, but he is still our son. He always enjoys our talks, at any rate, and holds family in high esteem.

Alvis: Julia would appreciate the gesture as well, I'm sure. Unfortunately, we have not spoken as much as it seems Sir Sigurd and Seliph have since coming to this world...but I have seen the two of you talking from time to time. I am glad to see that mother and daughter are getting along so well.

Diedre: Yes, I suppose that is true... And Julius? He...does not speak with me.

Alvis: Julius... His is a far more...delicate...matter. Given his...interests...it is difficult to have a cordial conversation with him. I fear that he, likewise, has little interest in speaking with me. He may not appreciate the gift...and yet, he may. Perhaps, deep down, he would at least appreciate being included in this gesture of love. Either way, he is our son, and we should not exclude him. It may yet embitter him towards the rest of our family yet further.

Diedre: Yes, what you say makes sense... At the very least, we can try. Let's buy them the bracelets. It can be a gift from us parents to the children.

Alvis: Of course.

Sigurd: That sounds like a wonderful idea.

Later...

Diedre: Alvis... Sigurd...

Sigurd: Yes, Diedre?

Alvis: What is it, my dear?

Diedre: I know that today has been difficult for you. I know that you despise one another... And I know that it is because of me. I have married you both, and both of you are the fathers of my children. Because of that, regardless of the circumstances, our relationship is...complicated... Sigurd, you will always be the father of our dear son, Seliph, and Alvis, you will always be the father of my two children, Julia and Julius. You are both forever important parts of me, and have pieces of my heart. Because of this, all for my sake, you set your differences aside today. I just wanted to say...thank you. Both of you. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Sigurd: I...suppose you are right. Because of what happened, all three of us are part of a family, however complicated. I admit that I can hardly stand to be near Lord Alvis, considering what he has done to us...but he is also the father of your children. This is harder on you than on anyone...

Alvis: Likewise, I admit that I want you all to myself, my dear. What husband wouldn't want to keep all other men from his beloved wife? But Sir Sigurd is an inseparable part of your life, if only because of Seliph. And...I know that you loved him before you loved me. I did not want today to be ruined for you because of the fighting between two people you love. This is why, at least for today, we...tolerate...one another.

Diedre: Sigurd... Alvis... Thank you. Thank you so much.

• 1 month later...

Now that spring's here, I've been thinking about fruit. And then, I realized that fruit-picking would make a fun summer banner theme! A bunch of heroes getting together to pick fruit. Alm could be a red tome user, picking oranges and using an orange like a tome to squirt orange juice at people. Mozu and Donnel are also fairly obvious choices for fruit-picking units, but Brom, Meg, and Nephenee could also work! Even Kaden could work, with his fruit being apples, based on his support with Hayato.

As for who I'd put on the banner, it'd probably look something like this:

Alm, cavalry red tome (holding a basket of oranges with one of said oranges in hand as a red tome, riding a renegade sheep. This is probably his child version, especially since he mentions that the sheep around Ram Village never seemed to like him.) He would be the star of the banner.

Mozu, armored blue tome (carrying a large amount of peaches in a stack of baskets, making it harder to move around and putting a fruity wall between her and her foes. Peaches because it's a pun on her name, "momo" vs "mozu." Also, I think "momo" is in her Japanese name.)

PoR!Mist, green dagger infantry (inspired by her PoR official art, she will be carrying tomatoes...and throwing them.)

Donnel, infantry staffer (he usually seems to handle veggies, fish, and meat, but I don't see a reason why he'd be adverse to fruit-picking. He has an amiable disposition; I could see him making the rounds, watering the plants and making sure all the fruit-pickers are keeping hydrated. His "staff" would be a bucket of water and a ladle.)

Year 2's could be Brom, Meg, Neph and Zihark (who came to visit Brom on his farm, but Brom keeps trying to get him hitched to his daughter. Meg's probably wishing her dad would stop, since (as people seem to often forget) in RD, she's only pursuing him because her dad told her that she was to marry him, and when she found out Zihark wasn't interested, she backed off and apologized, explaining the whole situation. Brom just likes Zihark and wants him in the family. Neph's a family friend and fellow farmer, so she works perfectly in this banner.)

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread because I have yet more seasonal units that I'd like to see!

Because 3H is a new game, it naturally has to sort of "catch up" to the other games' representation. It's well on its way to doing so, but that doesn't mean that I don't still have things I'd like to see!

Halloween: Alois (3H - Church of Sieros unit) has gone out with some students to investigate rumors about a haunted manor in the woods. In keeping with the traditions of the season (and in following with the legends that say that if you dress up as something scary, then the ghosts will leave you alone) he and the students have dressed up for the occasion to brave the haunted house!

Units:

Alois: Shaken Skeleton. Dressed as one of the dead, he hopes that the dead will leave him in peace. Sword armor unit. Wields a long, sharp bone from some slain creature.

Anette: Jumpy Goblin. Dressed as a cute yet creepy goblin, she sings cheery ditties to calm the fears of her allies, as well as her own nerves, though her voice still shakes when she does so. Infantry green tome unit. Singer. Wields a tome that exudes a strange, multicolored smoke.

Ashe: Reawakened Priest. Dressed as an undead priest who died in battle. Ashe is doing his best to keep his nerve for the sake of his friends in the face of this spooky season. Infantry staff unit. Wields an ornate staff.

Mercedes: Spooky Story Spinner. Dressed as a queen of spiders, Mercedes tells scary stories to her friends. She heard that this was a tradition of the season. Blue bow infantry. Wields a stick covered in spider webs, which makes a great bow.

TT unit: Marianne: Ghostly Maiden. Finding an abandoned manor in the woods, she thought it would be the perfect place to spend some alone time. Unfortunately, this caused a misunderstanding in which others thought that manor was haunted. (She looks more ghostly than usual, partially because she and her pegasus flew through some cobwebs on the way in.) Flying (pegasus) lance unit (lance increases damage by some amount of the user's res. Locked to Marianne.)

• 2 weeks later...