Losing Interest

Heruseus

So, recently, I've been losing interest in Fire Emblem. Don't get me wrong, I still love the series to bits, but these days I just can't muster the will to play any games. Does anyone have any advice on how to get out of this slump?

2 minutes ago, Heruseus said:

So, recently, I've been losing interest in Fire Emblem. Don't get me wrong, I still love the series to bits, but these days I just can't muster the will to play any games. Does anyone have any advice on how to get out of this slump?

I'd say just take a break from it for a while. I've been in the same situation as you multiple times. Taking a break always helped.

4 minutes ago, Heruseus said:

Like @Michelaarsaid maybe take a break from it for a while, happens to all types of games I play.

Maybe try spicing up a Normal run with some sort of challenge next time you play

Like everyone above me has said take a break.  I have several game series I play and I switch between them one week/month is FE the next Zelda an so on.  This helps me when I get stuck because taking a long break means I can step back and when I do pick up the game again I can normally solve my problem quickly.

Edited by EricaofRenais

It's the same with any other thing you oversaturate yourself with.  You probably just have been getting too much of it lately.

Find something else to distract yourself with.  It's always good when you have a taste for a wide array of games.  I myself switch between stealth games, tactics games, simulation games (more "serious" simulation like the Sims and Cities Skylines, not stuff like Goat Sim), adventure games, RPGs, and fighting games.  So I'd recommend that if you like multiple genres of games, you switch to playing a different genre for the time being.  Don't switch to just another strategy game because you likely will get sick of that very quickly as well.

Or you can just watch a TV or movie series.  Or read a book.  Basically, just find something fairly different from Fire Emblem to occupy yourself with.

1 hour ago, Heruseus said:

Just take a break tbh. you will always come around and want to play more and more but yeah ive had a couple months break from fire emblem games before and once i played again i couldn't be stopped. 

Like many others said, take a break from the series. I usually start losing interest in games  I've been playing for too long. Same with TV series and other situations.

Your interest in FE might spark again later. Could be a short while, could be a somewhat long time. And that's normal, or at least I think it is.

I'm sure that this happens to any hardcore FE fan at some point. It has happened to me as well. Just take a break from the games and chances are that after some time you'll end up playing them again.

Edited by Hekselka

It goes in and out. Ive been disinterested in FE for several months outside of FEH, and now getting that itch to play Tellius again. It happens with any series really. Play something else for a while, do something else for a while, take a break. You will eventually get back into it.

You dont have to play 24/7 in order to be a fan and only be dedicated to FE.