Why not Anna?

SMEDIA

After Marth, I would think Anna would be playable since she’s an iconic character in multiple games. Since she’s playable in Awakening (and I assume is playable in the games after that which I haven’t played yet) wouldn’t she be higher up on the list of new potential characters in Smash?

One problem is that Anna's only recently become somewhat iconic. Another difficulty is crafting a moveset for her and implementing it. This is of course before you get to all the people that would be pissed that [insert your favorite Lord character here] didn't get in but we got Anna.

What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Anna'd be pretty divisive, I think. She'd largely be based off of her Awakening/Fates depictions, which would probably drum up more "Oh God, more Fateswakening representation.", since 4/7 of the FE reps are already from those two games(3 of them coming from Awakening), and older reps continue to get ignored.

Also Fateswakening Anna just sucks in general.

Edited by Slumber

Anna's just never really been a spotlight character. Maybe if FE re-used the same cast and still somehow got the same amount of reps it has currently she would have been in, but with every Smash there's always a few new protagonists that get first priority. And since there are lots of complaints of FE being overrepresented I don't think Sakurai is going to go adding another FE newcomer unless someone from Three Houses gets in.

I think Anna can work. I don't really care about the whole Awakefates arguments because screw that, Anna appears in most games anyways, and I can see her wielding a large variety of weaponry from bows to axes to lances to daggers to etc.

So if Anna got in to Ultimate, what her moveset would it be like? I know a lot of her sisters used the Sword, Bow, Staff, Lance, and Axe. I'm pretty sure Anna could use a Bow as a Neutral Special and wouldn't Anna's Final Smash be like if Jake finally returns and shows up as a cameo and use Ballistician to launch arrows on the fighters that Anna trapped in her Final Smash? I'm most likely think her sisters will might show up as an Assist Trophy as well.

Edited by King Marth 64