• Grant
    • Valerie
    • Ramos
    • Wulfric
    • Olympia
    • Korrina
    • Clemont
    • Skyla

Poll contains only gym leaders and not kahunas and trial captains, but you can say your favorites in a post if you want. Will post mine later.

Sorry for the odd order on some of them, it's nearly 3 am here and I'm running on no sleep tonight so yeah.

Edited by Dragoncat

Okay peeps here's mine! Included trial captain and kahuna because WYNAUT.

Lt Surge: Badass military dude! Lately I've gotten a soft spot for these types because Gadolt in Xenoblade, but I think Surge has always been one of my favorites anyway. He even kinda looks like Gadolt holy shit...

Clair: She's Lance's cousin and Lance is awesome. Plus DRAGONS.

Norman: Good old Dad! I like how he's the only gym leader so far with a family relation to the player, or a close relation in general.

Volkner: He's underrated. Electric is my favorite overall type, and it's neat how he was getting bored because none of the challengers were much of a challenge until the player came along.

Elesa: It was between her and Roxie, but she won out because of my favorite type being electric.

Korrina: Cool skater chick who teaches the player about mega evolution.

Kiawe: Keep on dancing boy! Handsome too, and I'm sure we can all relate to his adulting struggles AKA the crappy non enjoyable job to pay bills. Too bad he can't earn money fire dancing...

Nanu: Badass old cop with no fucks to give! Also his Z move pose is so funny omg.

Edited by Dragoncat

Kanto: Brock because of the anime. :P

Johto: Jasmine because she's pretty cute. I also liked her cameo in Sinnoh. She also shares her name with one of my favorite Disney princesses. And her dress is a pretty color.

Hoenn: Juan. He looks so fab and I liked him in the anime. But since you put him with Wallace who didn't strike my fancy, I didn't vote there. You should've put them separate, they're not the same character. Same with Drayden and Iris and the Striaton brothers and Cheren. They are not the same characters and so should all be separate.

Sinnoh: ROARK. He's my favorite gym leader period barring Cilan. He's just awesome. And really funny around his dad in the anime. His dad Byron is a close second though. XD

Unova: CILAN, who else? <3 Because of the anime, of course.

Kalos: Valerie because I really like her costume and she uses the awesome Fairy type and a Sylveon.

My favorite trial captain is Kiawe. He's just freakin' cool! Favorite kahuna is Hapu because she's cute and uses a horse!

Edited by Anacybele

Kanto: Koga/Janine. I've always liked the family passing the Gym that happened here, with Koga moving on to the E4 so Janine takes over. I also just... like ninjas, and like Poison types.
(Also add Janine to the poll you forgot her)

Johto: Jasmine. She's cute, and that's... about it.

Hoenn: Flannery. Same as above.

Sinnoh: Crasher Wake is an absolute god and I refuse to be told otherwise.

Unova: ROXIE i love her aesthetic i love poison types aaaaaaa

Kalos: Korrina. Same as Jasmine and Flannery.

Alola: I can't really choose between Lana, Kiawe and Mallow so... all of them. The Akala Captain trio is great. Lana's just fun, Kiawe has a really cool mini side story which expands his character nicely (Plus he just act like a total goof in the trial which is great), and Mallow is just... queen.

I've only really played the first four gens, and I forget a lot of details having not played in years, but Pokemon characters are largely built on charm anyhow.

Kanto: Hmm... Eirika I think I'll go with. Sabrina, Koga, and Giovanni are my followups. Blue if he counts is another.

Johto: I'll pick... Morty, or Jasmine.

Hoenn: I'm thinking Watson, certainly not Wallace, I liked Juan over him.

Sinnoh: Memories here are most recent, but strangely thin. The Fighting type Gym Leader, whatever her name was.

Kanto: Giovanni

Johto: Morty

Hoenn: Norman

Sinnoh: Volkner

Unova: Burgh

Kanto: Viola

Giovanni is an iconic pokemon villain, and when you fight him finally as a gym leader in the first game it's a huge, intense, difficult moment. 10/10

Morty plays the role as a ghost type gym leader in pokemon gold, but he also is a follower of the legendary trio, along with Eusine, one of my favorite pokemon characters. 8/10

I'm not a big fan of Hoenn, the pokemon are okay and the game in general is okay, so I honestly thought Norman was one of the most interesting parts of the game. You finally have a father figure, and a gym leader to boot. I think his design is very generic and normal, and that's okay because it fits his character. 8.5/10

Volkner. His design is great, his character is great, all I can say is sadly he's not flint. 9.5/10

I didn't know where to start on Unova. I love all the gym leaders, all of them have great designs and are unique and interesting. I decided to choose Burgh because he has one of my favorite gyms in the series' history. (And I love his design and bug types!) 10/10

Viola? I didn't really like Kalos all that much, but she is a bug type user and is a photographer, both of which I relate to. 7/10?

Kanto: Erika, I love the fact that she falls asleep because of plants (totally not weed).
Johto: Whitney <3 My favorite from all! In the anime I loved how she kicked Ash's ass
Hoenn: Winona, In the anime she was so awesome!
Sinnoh: Between Gardenia and Candice, both are like super hyper girls that have lotsa fun.
Unova: Skyla, she helps you a lot in the first B&W and she's cute.
Kalos: Valerie, her eyes are kinda weird, but love her concept of her gym and of course Fairy Types.

Trial Cap'n: Mina, Simply love the "i don't care" face but she's actually pretty energetic and passionate
Kahuna: Hala, the only man here i guess, but I like that "laid back tutor" thing 

Kanto - Blaine. And Blue. I would say Giovanni, but I prefer him as an antagonist.

Johto - Falkner. I love his design, and the Pokemon Adventures manga did wonders for him.

Hoenn - Norman! He's the protagonist's father, which gave him some fantastic dialogue in ORAS. I also really love his portrayal in Pokemon Adventures.

Sinnoh - Torn between Fantina and Volkner. And then there's Crasher Wake...and Gardenia...god, Sinnoh had fantastic Gym Leaders...

Unova - I really don't like any of them, but if I had to choose, it would be Cheren, simply because of how he was as a rival.

Kalos - Wulfric, I guess.

Alola - I know they aren't Gym Leaders, but...out of the Trial Captains, I have to choose Ilima.

Edited by Lau

Kanto: All of them but if I had to pick one then Brock I guess.

Johto: Again, all of them but I like Jasmine the most out of these eight.

Hoenn: Norman, gotta go with Pokedad

Sinnoh: Volkner, because he reminds me of the 4th Hokage from Naruto

Unova: Drayden, cool old guy with the dragons

Kalos: Korrina, she is the only gym leader from Kalos I remember since she introduced mega evolution and had those two Lucarios with her.

Edited by NSSKG151

Blue,

Bugsy (one the few DVDs i had included the gym battle here, and i rewatched that battle a lot as a kid),

Brawly/Flannery is a really hard choice to make ;;,

ya boi CRASHER WAKE,

liked the dyamic of the BW gym leader trio picking based off your starter, 

Korrina mostly due to the anime tbh