Hopes for new/returning music

thecrimsonflash

One of the most impressive announcements for ultimate is the enormous amount of music, so I was wondering what specific tracks you are hoping for.

My top tracks would have to be:

Battle Against Emperor Oblivion (bravely second) 

Uncontrollable (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Wir fliegen (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

And for a different one, I would like to see Power Hungry Fool replaced with Beauty is a Mad Mistress (Fire Emblem Radiant dawn) the reason for this is because I think it would work better with smash bros and sakurai did say that he had a desire to use more suitable music for a fighting game, I also just think it would be a solid, yet different track to have.

Uncontrollable and Wir Fliegen are excellent choices. Which reminds me that I need to replay Xenoblade Chronicles X again when I get the chance.

As for my personal choices, a medley of the Earthbound battle themes would be freaking sweet.

Songs from Sonic 3 are welcome. And Knuckles.

EDIT: I almost forgot about Opus 13 from Castlevania. I also looked at the list of songs from Castlevania and saw Lament of Innocence, so I'm hyped for that.

Edited by indigospace

I'm very excited for the prospect of Metal Gear Solid additions. I think Brawl's selection was actually very good, save for them being unable to have Snake Eater w/ lyrics which I hope they can rectify. the MGS4 theme remastered for a fighting game is an impressive remix. That game wasn't even out yet so we didn't know the context that music would have been used in. Most of Metal Gear's music is slow outside of alert phases and boss music, so I wouldn't mind some remixes just to up the tempo of them. One Song I would choose to make is a mix of the various Cobra Unit Boss themes from MGS3. I don't think any of them individually have enough to make for a looping battle theme but if you cut some of them together you can probably get a very good track for a fighting game. I'm thinking they'll have just one MGS5 track to add. Unfrotunately I'm still working my way through that game so I haven't heard much of the music, but Sins of the Father seems like an easy pick (Woah-hooooooo). I also think The Best Is Yet To Come with or without lyrics would sound very good for Smash.

As for returning music, they'll probably feel obliged to bring back as much as possible from previous games. So I have to ask: Where's Ai no Uta? That weird japanese pikmin song was a no show in Smash 4 and that's not okay. 

Edited by Glennstavos

My list of wanted music:

• Unfinished Battle (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  • Mechonis Field (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  • Zanza (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  • Uncontrollable (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • The Key We've Lost (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Wir Fliegen (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Black Tar (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Melancholia (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Don't Worry (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Noctilum (Xenonlade Chronicles X)
  • Oblivia (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Cauldros (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Codename Z (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • NO.EX01 (Xenohlade Chronicles X)
  • Fight! (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Still, Move Forward! (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Incoming (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • You Will Recall Our Names (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Empire of Mor Ardain (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Kingdom of Tantal (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Song of Giga Rosa (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Counterattack (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Cliffs of Morytha (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Drifting Soul (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Battle! (Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country)
  • Twilight of the Gods (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)
  • Lord of a Dead Empire (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)
  • End of all Roads (Fire Emblem Fates)
  • Alight (Fire Emblem Fates)
  • Fire Emblem ~Drama's Light~ (more commenly known as Fiaa Emberum) (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)
  • Mysterious Invaders (Kid Icarus Uprising)
  • Attack on Vah Ruta (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
  • Attack on Vah Naboris (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
  • Stone Tower Temple (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
  • The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos)

Things to note:

• Regarding Xenoblade music, i would prefer if they didn't remix any of them. I mean, yeah, a Xenoblade series medley would be nice but most Xenoblade music is already perfect for Smash. In Smash 4, the only Xenoblade remix was the Xenoblade 1 medley.
  • My most wanted FE song is Drama's Light. Like, i unironically want that over Twilight of the Gods.
  • Battle! from Torna ~ The Golden Country probably won't be featured but i would love it if it did.
  • My list featured songs that were featured on games released on Nintendo consoles. But if we're counting songs from games that didn't release on Nintendo, then my two choices are
    • Communication Breakdown (Xenosaga Episode II)
    • Godsibb (Xenosaga Episode III)

Pretty much the whole Xenoblade 2 soundtrack would fit in smash, but my personal favorite songs were Battle Theme 3, Roaming the Wastes, Kingdom of Tantal and all of the cutscene music. 

I'd also like to see more FE Echoes and Radiant Dawn music. I don't have any specific selections from those games besides Twilight of the Gods and all the Radiant Dawn songs that played for a specific character (Caineghis, Tibarn, Oliver). However, any songs from those games would be appreciated.

The stables theme from BOTW was my favorite piece of music in that game, and even though it's slow paced and calm, I'd just like to hear it while I play on Great Plateau.

Twilight Princess is my favorite game of all time, and there's plenty of great music still to be added from that. Faron Woods, Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Gerudo Desert, Boss Stallord, Snowpeak, Boss Blizzeta, the Malo Mart Castle Town Branch, Hidden Village, Boss Argorok, and Boss Beast Ganon are some of the more notable pieces. 

Now that Shovel Knight is an assist trophy, maybe we can get some of that music, too. It's been a while since I played that game, but I remember the theme of the very first area and the theme for Plague Knight's area fondly.

The battle theme from Gen 4 of Pokemon is the only addition that I can think of from that series.

Some Mario Galaxy music would be nice, too. I don't have any specific preference, but that game had a great soundtrack.

Rip Entry, Don't Slip and Endolphin Surge from Splatoon 2 would be nice. 

I think I did this for Smash 4, though it might not even have been on this forum. But anyway.

This is in series order according to the main site.

• Athletic Theme - Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
  • Another remix from Link's Awakening. Could be a medley of the miniboss theme, boss theme, caves, certain dungeons, whatever. I just want some more Link's Awakening to battle to.
  • Facing a Huge Reaction - Metroid Fusion. Basically the game's answer to Brinstar as far as upbeat Metroid tracks go. I'd like to hear a remix of this one.
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot's main leitmotif. It's my favorite Kirby leitmotif. Be it world 1's outside BGM or 100% menu, original or remixed, I want this in in some capacity.
  • Battle for Whose Sake (Zephiel's Battle Theme) - Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. My #1 most wanted track on this list. I want a remix of this badly, and I want it to ROCK! More Binding Blade songs are welcome too. We got Beneath the Skies which is a good start.
  • Twilight of the Gods - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. We all want it. Oh yes, it is my favorite endgame song. If it's not remixed, then please do us a favor and don't shorten it like you did with Id (Purpose), ok Nintendo? I forgave that one, but TotG is too epic to be shortened.
  • Some FE4/5 remixes would be nice. We're getting lots of FE music this time around, so we're bound to get some great remixes.
  • Game & Watch Gallery. This series had some good music. Any of it would do for a remix.
  • Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. Smash is in desperate need of some Wario Land music. I only played the first game so... take your pick.
  • Main Theme - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. It was a "lost track" from Brawl, so here's hoping it makes it in this time. Oh, and at the ending snippet, add the extra part from MGS3's version before looping. It's so much better with the extra set of notes at the end.
  • A remix of Theme of Solid Snake - Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I know the original was in Brawl. It's great, and great if it comes back, but I'd also like a remix. But that's stretching, I don't expect to get both.
  • The Final Fight - Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn). My favorite Sonic boss theme. It would be perfect for a final showdown on Green/Windy Hill.
  • These two boss rearrangements from the (official?) Sonic 3 & Knuckles Remix soundtrack. One is of the Minor and Major Boss themes, the other is of Final Boss and Doomsday Zone. And yes, these two tracks are called The Boss and Boss The Boss. Don't ask, I have absolutely no idea why they called them that...... 'Course, I'm not opposed to getting new remixes of these instead.
  • Pac-Man Game Room - Namco Museum Vol.1 / Title Screen - Pac-Man Vs. It's the exact same song, but the former is the full version. I expect they'd use the latter since it's already looped.
  • More Namco songs. Personally I'd like to see some from Tales of Symphonia and SoulCalibur IV, and also some more classic Namco arcade game medleys (Tank Force, please and thank you).
  • Final Fantasy Tactics. Anything from that game, really. This of course assumes Square Enix is willing to be nice. Given what Sakurai said on the matter, I don't expect more FF music, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

I've got plenty of songs, but I'll truncate my list to just a few stand-outs

• Head Honcho Carpaccio - Wario: Master of Disguise
  • Body Rock - WarioWare DIY
  • Wario de Mucho - WarioWare Gold
  • Incoming! - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Uncontrollable - Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Crisis Mission - Metroid Fusion
  • Lower Norfair - Super Metroid
  • Aparoid Queen - Phase 2 - Star Fox: Assault
  • Hyness Unhooded - Kirby Star Allies
  • 02/Miracle Matter Medley - Kirby Star Allies
  • Twilight of the Gods - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  • Lord of a Dead Empire - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  • Minecart Madness - Donkey Kong Country
  • Tables Turn - The Wonderful 101
  • Special Course - Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Eclipse of the Sun - Hyrule Warriors
  • Battle! Vs. Ultra Necrozma - Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
  • Master Porky's Theme - MOTHER 3
  • Lightning Battle - Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Alert (Tanker Incident) - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
  • Rules of Nature - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (don't be a coward, Sakurai)
  • Tidal Rush (DJ Octavio feat. Callie vs. Marie) - Splatoon 2
  • Also a new remix each for Ice Climber and Game & Watch would be nice, even if the former is just a remix of the same song and the latter is another original tune.
Edited by Anomalocaris

20 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm very excited for the prospect of Metal Gear Solid additions. I think Brawl's selection was actually very good, save for them being unable to have Snake Eater w/ lyrics which I hope they can rectify. the MGS4 theme remastered for a fighting game is an impressive remix. That game wasn't even out yet so we didn't know the context that music would have been used in. Most of Metal Gear's music is slow outside of alert phases and boss music, so I wouldn't mind some remixes just to up the tempo of them. One Song I would choose to make is a mix of the various Cobra Unit Boss themes from MGS3. I don't think any of them individually have enough to make for a looping battle theme but if you cut some of them together you can probably get a very good track for a fighting game. I'm thinking they'll have just one MGS5 track to add. Unfrotunately I'm still working my way through that game so I haven't heard much of the music, but Sins of the Father seems like an easy pick (Woah-hooooooo). I also think The Best Is Yet To Come with or without lyrics would sound very good for Smash.

As for returning music, they'll probably feel obliged to bring back as much as possible from previous games. So I have to ask: Where's Ai no Uta? That weird japanese pikmin song was a no show in Smash 4 and that's not okay. 

actually on that topic I would love to see a remix of sins of the father, I mainly am really hoping for some MGSV stuff in ultimate, I know that that one has nothing to do with nintendo, but we got a trophy of iroquois pliskin and he wasn't in any way related to the twin snakes or snake eater, so I think a trophy of venom snake is possible, or pequod as an assist trophy.