What popular franchises do you dislike?

Fabulously Olivier

Member the D-day mission from Medal of Honor? So sad that most campaigns in shooters are cinematic rather than try to sell the mood with gameplay. Me as a six year old kid was sold how much of a hell that event was by experiencing trying to survive

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

Honestly, I just don't get the appeal of First person shooters like call of duty. Seems to me like it's really just the same thing over and over again and I'm surprised it doesn't get stale for other people after like 3 games.

When given the choice, I will almost always choose third person shooters over first person. The increased peripheral vision, easier mobility, and ability to see my character are far more valuable to me than the slight increase in hipfire accuracy and subjective increase in immersion boasted by first person shooters. 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Same here. Though, for me, this can sometimes also extend to 3rd-person shooters as well. 

It's the same story with sports games as well: it's too much of just the same thing. It's also not my cup of tea; neither are shooter games, to be honest. 

I do enjoy the Xenoblade games a lot, and I've had a lot of fun with them, and I don't dislike the games as a whole. But I really am not a fan of the combat system and the quest system. I've played 1 and X. I enjoyed 1 for its story, characters, and world. I enjoyed X for its characters, world, and approach to exploration. But I cannot stand cooldown-based combat; it wasn't fun in World of Warcraft, and it isn't fun in JRPGs. 

Same. I can't stand any EA games right now for similar reasons. 

I did enjoy Command & Conquer years ago, but it, like a lot of RTS games, has the same problem: when playing against AI (which is pretty often), you can't really play at your pace; the AI is playing at its own fixed pace, and if you don't keep up, you're defeated. It makes it less about strategy, and more about multitasking and micromanaging. 

RTS just isn't my genre. I really liked the story and characters of Warcraft 3, but I just don't think of strategy as compatible with real time. To me, strategy is analyzing current battlefield conditions, predicting the next move, and outwitting your opponent based on these intellectual factors alone. To include reflexes, actions-per-minute, and multi-tasking into the formula undermines the entire experience in my view, as factors other than strategy are hugely influential in victory or defeat.

To put it one way, one genre is based on intellect and experience alone. The other takes into account a great deal of physical advantages. Turn based strategy is like a debate. Real time strategy is like a debate you can win by punching your opponent in the face.

Edited by Etheus

Final Fantasy- I mean. I tried guys. I just cant get into it. I dislike lots of the character designs and the overall setting of the series. I'm a big fan of their soundtracks, but that's about it. I cant get into any of the battle systems either. I've tried to play FFT and while I did love the characters in it, I preferred to use my generics over any of the characters, which ended up screwing me over.

1 hour ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Batman Arkham: I really want to like this one, but I'm really bad at 3D Beat Em Ups, and also I really hate how dark the whole series is. I get it, Batman is dark, but it went kinda overboard, especially since the last game in the series got an M rating.

I'll defend arkham asylum as a really well paced, if a touch simple stealth game. But it IS a stealth game, so yeah, the combat is kind of terrible, but it's worth it for like, the scarecrow sections alone imo

1 hour ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Fortnite                                                     Persona                                        

Fortnite is a net gain because it's making people better consumers

I don't play it, but you gotta appreciate that, at least

Tactics Ogre, simply from its massive removal from Ogre Battle mechanically. This one is rather petty of me I admit. While not exactly popular it’s still talked about decently often alongside FFT.

Assassins Creed for its incredibly lazy combat which unfortunately games like Arkham and the Shadows Of Mordor games emulate.

Sonic the Hedgehog - Oh dear, this is going to go down well...I just never saw the appeal in it. I've played one game, and Sonic himself just...ugh.

Call of Duty or any other shoot 'em ups other than Splatoon - They just look the same.

Fifa, NBA, any sports game really - It's the same game every year.

Banjo and Kazooie - I just found the games really boring.

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Tactics Ogre, simply from its massive removal from Ogre Battle mechanically. This one is rather petty of me I admit. While not exactly popular it’s still talked about decently often alongside FFT.

Assassins Creed for its incredibly lazy combat which unfortunately games like Arkham and the Shadows Of Mordor games emulate.

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the more Zelda/Witcher 3 like combat used by Assassin's Creed Origins? It's certainly an outlier in the franchise.

(Also, Shadow of Mordor is the Assassin's Creed that Assassin's Creed wishes it could be.)

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I try not to dislike things, and especially not hate them. I try to go no further than disinterest/"this just isn't for me- but it might be for someone else and that is fine".

I get your point, but disliking something and wishing that it doesn't exist are separate concepts. You can actively hate a series while appreciating that others find pleasure in it. 

But sometimes, it's not even unreasonable to want something to not exist. For example, if a series you love has substantial mechanical changes in a later entry (or later patch in an online game) that you hate, is it unfair to hate that change and want it to be reverted, even if a select group of other players like that change? I don't think so. 

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I get your point, but disliking something and wishing that it doesn't exist are separate concepts. You can actively hate a series while appreciating that others find pleasure in it. 

But sometimes, it's not even unreasonable to want something to not exist. For example, if a series you love has substantial mechanical changes in a later entry (or later patch in an online game) that you hate, is it unfair to hate that change and want it to be reverted, even if a select group of other players like that change? I don't think so. 

Fair enough.

I can certainly say I wish Golden Sun: Dark Dawn didn't exist, it's killed GS and the only thing that could redeem it is if we got a sequel that addressed everything it brought up and did it well. ...Except DD killed the series, so there will never be this redemption sequel.

I could have also said Suikoden, except that series has been long dead and nobody really cares about it and it isn't "popular" anymore. I let myself get burned really bad with the whole "this is an all time classic!" praise with Suikoden II. Nothing is sacred, fact. No "classic" is inherently a legendary thing that everyone will love. FACT! Maybe if I hadn't gone in with such expectations, it wouldn't have been so bad, but I did.

When I first played Animal Crossing, I thought it was kind of neat. But as time went on, I started playing less and less. Then I accidentally deleted my first town, and I've never gone back to the series since. I tried out the mobile game, but deleted it after about 2 weeks or so. Overall, it's repetitive gameplay with small, almost insignificant incentives to keep playing.

Call of Duty can be fun at times, but it's just really not my cup of tea. Again, repetitive gameplay.

I used to love Mario games, but now that I've gotten older, I've grown out of it. I still like the series for what it is and I really appreciate it, but my preferences have changed.

As with Mario, I used to love Pokemon games, but have grown out of it.

League of Legends, simply because I suck at the game.

34 minutes ago, indigospace said:

When I first played Animal Crossing, I thought it was kind of neat. But as time went on, I started playing less and less. Then I accidentally deleted my first town, and I've never gone back to the series since. I tried out the mobile game, but deleted it after about 2 weeks or so. Overall, it's repetitive gameplay with small, almost insignificant incentives to keep playing.

Call of Duty can be fun at times, but it's just really not my cup of tea. Again, repetitive gameplay.

I used to love Mario games, but now that I've gotten older, I've grown out of it. I still like the series for what it is and I really appreciate it, but my preferences have changed.

As with Mario, I used to love Pokemon games, but have grown out of it.

League of Legends, simply because I suck at the game.

Ah, League of Legends. That is the example of a game I have fallen out of love with. Back in Season 1 and early Season 2, I loved the game. I played thousands of matches and spent more money than I'd care to admit.

I quit that game because of the laning phase meta changes that started around Season 2 and have lasted ever since. Bruiser top, mage mid, carry & support bottom, and a jungler. Almost every game at almost every ELO rank - even unranked. It got very boring, very quickly and has made LoL unplayably repetitive in my eyes.

These days, HotS is the only moba I play. More variety and less toxicity.

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the more Zelda/Witcher 3 like combat used by Assassin's Creed Origins? It's certainly an outlier in the franchise.

(Also, Shadow of Mordor is the Assassin's Creed that Assassin's Creed wishes it could be.)

I haven’t actually tried Origins so I can’t really say, The Witcher has never particularly interested me either but I may give it a try sometime.

(I did enjoy my time with Shadow of Mordor but I think that’s more me being a LoTR nut).

I have a weird relationship with the games I don't like. I either disliked them from the word go or it took a long (long, long, loooong) while for me to start disliking them.

Pokémon - I used to love Pokémon up to and including Gen 3 (but excluding Gen 2 for how messy those games were. Gen 4 was mostly spent on spin-offs like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon, both of which are miles upon miles superior to any mainline entry, Gen 5 was an unexpected high point and Gen 6 just killed any interest I once had in the series. I mean, I played them, but there were so many inconsistencies in the game's and the world's logic and most, if not all of these inconsistencies have been there from the very beginning, like a tumour that no one really noticed until they deigned to look at it more closely. Game Freak not knowing which animal is which is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Legend of Zelda - Granted, my only real experience with these games is from Twilight Princess on the Wii, which I played a few years ago. Everything else was either from gameplay I watched on the internet or from friends showing me the games. And I honestly do not get the hype that surrounds this franchise. Part of why I dislike it is because Nintendo (or at least Miyamoto) doesn't know how to make boss fights interesting.
When I watched my friend play Breath of the Wild, I really wasn't blown away. It looked like any other dull open world game you'd see, nothing more. It just isn't for me, I suppose.
The irony of this is that I consider Okami to be one of the best games I ever played and Okami has many similarities to Zelda.

Sonic the Hedgehog - I will fully admit that I never played a single Sonic game. I watched gameplay videos of it (both old and newer games) and I was immediately turned off by the character design alone. They just look so incredibly dumb. And then there's also the character of Sonic himself. If Takumi, Xander and Azura didn't exist, he'd be easily the most punchable video game character to ever grace the stages of video game history. Everything that guy says just makes me want to pummel his smug face in, to say nothing of the fact that every scene he's in suffers from so much tonal dissonance that it really makes me wonder if anyone in the writing staff has ever read a novel before. Here's a gem from Sonic and the Black Knight: World threatened to be thrown into darkness, bringing despair, pain and probably famine and a lot of death along with it - what does Sonic say? "Cool, it'd be like Halloween all year round!" *headdesk*
The only good thing I can say about him is the fact that he creates the most entertaining Game Grumps Let's Plays, which is a good thing, since I like having a good / funny Let's Play on in the background while I grind in other games.
If you want another, probably less petty explanation for never playing a single Sonic game: I tend to get motion sickness while watching the action and I prefer not to throw up while I play video games.

Final Fantasy - Another franchise I don't hate but another I don't really understand why it has the status that it does. The games look good and feel good to play, but in my opinion, there are so many other JRPGs out there that are just so much better than FF that I really have to wonder why this particular franchise is apparently the gold standard when it comes to JRPGs. Now, I hate the word "overrated" and try to avoid it like the plague (since it doesn't make sense), but FF comes pretty close to that in my eyes.
Though I will admit to absolutely adoring FFXII.

Any first person shooter game - They just look so bland and boring to me. Also, the constant gun shot sound effects would probably drive me insane after a while.

Dragon Quest - Another franchise I haven't played for what is probably the most petty reason ever: Akira Toriyama's art style just never clicked with me.

Monster Hunter - I played Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii back in the day and I didn't really find it all that interesting. Combine that with my natural love for animals and the fact that you are given little to no context as to why you're slaughtering the wild life in the game that's just minding its own business and you have another franchise I'd rather stay away from.

And then there are lots and lots of AAA franchises that never interested me, like AssCreed, CoD, Destiny, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, The Last of Us etc., etc.

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh yeah, there's a few more i gotta talk about

Pikmin

Considering it's an RTS, i thought i would like it.....and then i didn't. It feels very dull and boring and i think that has to do with the very weak soundtrack. In fact, the only good Pikmin song is the one they previewed for Smash Ultimate yesterday. 

When Hey Pikmin was announced, i thought i would like it. 2D platformers are one of my favprite genre. Dear God, that was most boring game i have ever played. Even Animal Crossing wasn't that boring.

Octopath Traveller

The biggest game on the Switch in July. This is more of a "it's not for me" kind of deal. I played the demo and i enjoyed the battles up until the first boss. Why the first boss is a massive HP sponge, i do not know. Attack oriented characters like Olberic can take them down relatively easy but support characters like Primrose and Therion hit with the power of sticks against the brick wall boss. This wouldn't be an issue except the first chapter of each character's story is always a solo chapter. Like, if you're playing as Primrose, you're gonna spend a good 30 minutes on that first boss, provided it doesn't kill you first.

Then i found out that the characters don't really have any proper interactions other than little skits so like, what's the point of playing this character-driven game? Visuals are gorgeous though.

Any of the Mario RPGs

I actually do like a few of the games and Color Splash has a God-tier script. But i never really got the hype around these games. Especially The Thousand Year Door. Paper Mario fans treat it as if it was the second coming of Jesus while i just see it as an average RPG.

5 hours ago, Etheus said:

I'm actually shocked that I wasn't raked over the coals for Xenoblade. As much praise as it gets on these forums in particular, I thought that it was pretty much the #2 or 3 franchise on these forums. 

Nah, Xenoblade fans are pretty chill. As long as you give valid reasons for not liking the games, it's fine. The community's usual response to that is "understandable, have a nice day".

We only crucify the ones who give like, GameFaqs/Kotaku/Polygon levels of bullshit reasons for not liking the games.

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Legend of Zelda - Granted, my only real experience with these games is from Twilight Princess on the Wii, which I played a few years ago. Everything else was either from gameplay I watched on the internet or from friends showing me the games. And I honestly do not get the hype that surrounds this franchise. Part of why I dislike it is because Nintendo (or at least Miyamoto) doesn't know how to make boss fights interesting.

Tbh, the boss fights aren't really the highlight of Zelda games. It's more of the dungeons and the degree of exploration you get.

Then there's Majora's Mask, my favorite Zelda game. It takes everything that makes Zelda great and adds a dark atmosphere around it (and i don't mean like in a Twilight Princess sense, where they forgot what colors are). The Moon falling in three days, with an in-game timer means you can actually fail. Seeing the people's dread become more and more appearant as the final day approches (and this is reflected in the Clock Town theme) and it seeing it repeat itself every time you use the Song of Time. I love it.

I don't know if you're willing to play another Zelda game but if you are, play Majora's Mask. It's the best Zelda game in my opinion for both the reasons i just gave and the Mask mechanic. It also has the Stone Tower Temple, which is the best Zelda dungeon in my opinion.

I recommend the 3DS remake obviously. The original N64 version is pretty dated.

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Final Fantasy - Another franchise I don't hate but another I don't really understand why it has the status that it does. The games look good and feel good to play, but in my opinion, there are so many other JRPGs out there that are just so much better than FF that I really have to wonder why this particular franchise is apparently the gold standard when it comes to JRPGs.

Are they still considered the gold standard today? I know in the past they definetely were, what with FF7 being considered one of the best games ever made and it's legacy continues to this day with Cloud's Smash 4 reveal shattering the Internet. But i don't know if people consider it the gold standard nowadays. Though i think we can all agree that it is the entry level JRPG.

-----------------------------------------

That reminds me, Final Fantasy is also a game i need to talk about. I don't dislike it, i've never actually played the games but i've never been interested in it. Never really saw the hype.

As someone who has never played a Final Fantasy game, my perspective on each of the games is

• Final Fantasy 1-3. The games that set the series in place.
  • Final Fantasy 4. First FF with an actual story.
  • Final Fantasy 5. Doesn't exist.
  • Final Fantasy 6. The one that people say is better than 7.
  • Final Fantasy 7. THE JRPG during the PS1 era and also the gateway drug for a lot of people.
  • Final Fantasy 8. Unfortunately came out after 7 so everyone either loved it or hated.
  • Final Fantasy 9. Also doesn't exist.
  • Final Fantasy 10. Tidus laugh. That is all.
  • Final Fantasy 11 and 12. Also don't exist.
  • Final Fantasy 13. More like Final Hallway. And there's three of them, oh God why?
  • Final Fantasy 14. That one MMO that people like.
  • Final Fantasy 15. That game that spent 10 years in development and somehow released in an incomplete state and some people say it's a mediocre version of Xenoblade.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Monster Hunter - I played Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii back in the day and I didn't really find it all that interesting. Combine that with my natural love for animals and the fact that you are given little to no context as to why you're slaughtering the wild life in the game that's just minding its own business and you have another franchise I'd rather stay away from.

From my understanding as a sort of casual semi-fan, Monster Hunter 3 was one of the franchise's weaker entries. I didn't like it at all. However, I did really enjoy my time with Monster Hunter World before lending/giving it to a friend. 

Monster Hunter is a story-lite franchise. Its story context is all about maintaining the balance of the ecosystem and hunting monsters that could become problematic for said ecosystem if overpopulated. There is an emphasis on respecting the power of the beast. It's an almost Native American philosophy. Though as a video game (and a particularly gameplay-focused one at that), it is going to come across as gung-ho and lacking nuance in its approach to wildlife conservation, and that's a valid criticism. 

Dragon Quest - Another franchise I haven't played for what is probably the most petty reason ever: Akira Toriyama's art style just never clicked with me.

I actually felt the same way for a long time. But eventually I got over it and grabbed DQV. The franchise has its strengths in how much it clings to tradition, but at the same time, that is arguably its downfall. I like it overall though.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
  • Final Fantasy 7. THE JRPG during the PS1 era and also the gateway drug for a lot of people.
  • Final Fantasy 8. Unfortunately came out after 7 so everyone either loved it or hated.

Just to fill you in on the two "doesn't exist" here.

V is often forgotten because it never left Japan in the SNES era, it only came later on the PS1, and hence isn't as memorable to the international audience. It didn't do a great plot like IV or VI either. Yet by series standards, the gameplay is considered quite good. Makes me rank V rather highly.

FFIX was an attempt to return to the high fantasy old days after VII and VIII went more modern. Typically praised within the fandom, but more of a sleeper hit.

And VIII isn't exactly loved or hated because of following VII, it's the gameplay I think that does that. Autoleveling enemies and Junctions are the divisive aspects of the gameplay that get people a lot. Squall and Rinoa as the leads are also a mixed bag, but this isn't quite the big divider.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Then there's Majora's Mask, my favorite Zelda game. It takes everything that makes Zelda great and adds a dark atmosphere around it (and i don't mean like in a Twilight Princess sense, where they forgot what colors are). The Moon falling in three days, with an in-game timer means you can actually fail. Seeing the people's dread become more and more appearant as the final day approches (and this is reflected in the Clock Town theme) and it seeing it repeat itself every time you use the Song of Time. I love it.

I don't know if you're willing to play another Zelda game but if you are, play Majora's Mask. It's the best Zelda game in my opinion for both the reasons i just gave and the Mask mechanic. It also has the Stone Tower Temple, which is the best Zelda dungeon in my opinion.

I don't think I'd ever recommend MM as a first time Zelda game. The timer is divisive, and the game just isn't quite so newbie friendly. One can certainly said it was made back in the day for someone who had already played through OoT.

OoT is more plain, but I have to admit it to be better here. I'd say A Link Between Worlds is a great starter, but I'm biased towards it, and being top-down and portable, it isn't like the "big" console Zelda titles of the 3D sort. 

there are so many other JRPGs out there that are just so much better than FF that I really have to wonder why this particular franchise is apparently the gold standard when it comes to JRPGs

Not to be negative or anything, but I'd chalk it up to an inherited reputation. It was the first JRPG franchise to hit it big everywhere, and this repute has stuck ever since. SE constantly tries to live up to this reputation, but the weight on their shoulders is a heavy one, and big ambition = big chance for big failure.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I have this issue that I like some little part of the popular franchise and nothing else and it happens with:
The Legend of Zelda: I only like the ones that have the camera above you and I don't get the appeal for Ocarina of Time at all. And Chilean fellows blame that Mario is all Nintendo even to the point of hating the rest of the games from the company... Except for Zelda, somehow.
Sonic the Hedgehog: Classic Sonic is what Sonic should had been, a cool attitude but no talking and waaaay less memery.
Final Fantasy: I'll probably will be called to remove the nostalgia googles, but I don't like FF beyond 6. I hate FF7.
Monster Hunter: It's fun to watch, but that's all.
Megaman: Like the classic series and just the first X, then is all pointless and boring.
Halo: I had fun with multiplayer but boring to play alone.
Crash Bandicoot: The first three games with Bash and CTR were lotsa fun. Glad they remade the best games.
Mortal Kombat: I never saw these games as a serious thing. I remember laughing a lot with the shouts and Shao Khan's dialogue in 2 & 3 and then 3-D happened.
Worms: Classic Armageddon is the best and I still play it online, the rest is meh.

Franchises that don't interest me at all:
Kingdom Hearts: I have a friend who talks a lot about this game and I know some lore, but apart from that is meh.
Persona: Never got my interest at all and the fact that the new FE has someone from the art department working in the new game doesn't help.
Assassin's Creed: Got bored after giving it a try.
Call of Duty: Or Carlos' Duty, as the Chilean accent makes it sound like. Boring.
Sports games: I could play those normally outside, so I prefer if those have fantasy thingies like Mario Strikers, for example.
Most of the franchises released exclusively in Play Station: I grew up with Nintendo and Sega, so it's difficult to have interest in God of War and the like.

Any shooter game not called Jet Force Gemini - Just yeah, I'm not a fan of shooters so, even if I play the more loved ones, I just can't get into them... Exception is Jet Force Gemini, I love that game, the only shooter I actually enjoyed

Any sport games - specially the football ones, I have a hate for that sport thanks to my familly

Final Fantasy - Is not a dislike, is more like I have 0 interest. Not sure why, but it never caught my attention. But I did try to play 2 games, one for ds that I ended forgetting I was playing (good the game was not mine) and one of the Tactic games that annoyed me since the beginning and I stopped playing it. But still, I like Chocobos, they are cute

Edited by SniperGYS

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

But still, I like Chocobos, they are cute

The true mascot of Final Fantasy, definitely
What made thing made you stop playing Tactics? Was it the isometric view?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah, Xenoblade fans are pretty chill. As long as you give valid reasons for not liking the games, it's fine. The community's usual response to that is "understandable, have a nice day".

We only crucify the ones who give like, GameFaqs/Kotaku/Polygon levels of bullshit reasons for not liking the games.

Well, you can consider me impressed by the Xenoblade fans, even if not the games themselves. I am curious though. What irrelevant criticism did GameFaqs/Kotaku/Polygon levy?

That reminds me, Final Fantasy is also a game i need to talk about. I don't dislike it, i've never actually played the games but i've never been interested in it. Never really saw the hype.

As someone who has never played a Final Fantasy game, my perspective on each of the games is

• Final Fantasy 1-3. The games that set the series in place.
  • Final Fantasy 4. First FF with an actual story.
  • Final Fantasy 10. Tidus laugh. That is all.
  • Final Fantasy 11 and 12. Also don't exist.
  • Final Fantasy 13. More like Final Hallway. And there's three of them, oh God why?
  • Final Fantasy 14. That one MMO that people like.
  • Final Fantasy 15. That game that spent 10 years in development and somehow released in an incomplete state and some people say it's a mediocre version of Xenoblade.

I would add that FF2 is not exactly a strong foundation for the series. It establishes a small selection of series staples (like Chocobos), but it is overall considered to be one of, if not the, weakest links in the franchise from my understanding. It's something of a black sheep, much like Gaiden is to Fire Emblem. 

FF8's hatedom has a lot more to do with its really terrible skill leveling mechanics and controversial story/main characters. 

FF15 is not at all comparable to Xenoblade, but it is a huge mixed bag. The world-building, character interactions, and aesthetic are all nailed down perfectly, but the combat feels like a mediocre version of Kingdom Hearts and the world is lacking in meaningful content. It's rarely a fun game, but it is a very chill and often heartwarming game. Think of that what you will. 

Those are just my observations. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the series either. 

Edited by Etheus

35 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

The true mascot of Final Fantasy, definitely
What made thing made you stop playing Tactics? Was it the isometric view?

I tried playing Tactics Advance 2, and honestly right now I can't remember that much, but I got annoyed by the main character, can't remember what he did that made me dislike him and I stoped playing :(

Edited by SniperGYS

54 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I am curious though. What irrelevant criticism did GameFaqs/Kotaku/Polygon levy?

Oh i meant that as more of a general statement. Because GameFaqs is bottom of the barrel for any video game fandom (although in the case of Xenoblade 2, it's actually Tumblr who gives off the most bullshit criticism. Most haven't even played the game, they just want to bitch about Pyra's design). Although Kotaku's Xenoblade 2 review was pretty laughable, not because of the criticisms, but because they got a guy who hates the series to review the game, like why would you do that? Although i think Kotaku also put out an article bitching about the female character designs. I threw in Polygon in there because they are a massive joke.

59 minutes ago, Etheus said:

FF15 is not at all comparable to Xenoblade

Most of the comparisons i saw were to the scale of the world. Both Xenoblade and FF15 are JRPGs with massive worlds (though from what i hear, FF15 becomes linear during the second half of the game). But i hear a lot of criticism on FF15's part about how going off the main path for long periods of time gets you swarmed with enemies or something, discouriging exploration.