[Datamine] New GHB: Garon, King of Nohr

Poimagic

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Grima is treated as both flying and armor in this game. Armor because of how huge and heavy their real body is. Flying because they fly. Simple really when you think about it. No conspiracies 

Are you really going to compare a tanky infantry mage to a armor unit with 24 more points of BST? I get that you seem to think that there's a huge difference of quality between free and summonable units, but you might as well compare the PP of every armor with BF to every PP mage

Julius would be Winter Tharja with more speed and less defense stat-wise. His serpent skill would likely not be on his tome for the sake of balance and to leave him physically frail, which is totally in his family even if his parents didn't have an incestuous relationship. 

Julius being frail have always been his thing in FE4/5 yeah. Theres even a scene where his big brother is called in to visit him when he's sick, to the relief to the player because his big brother is a monster in humanoid form

Garon could be the first F2P axe armored unit in the game (Brave Ephraim doesn't count due to the fact that the player has to specifically pick him from the CYL2 free gift banner) or IS could end up trolling us by making him an axe infantry unit.

Since I already have a 5*+10 Sheena, my interest in Garon is going to be fairly limited aside from possibly using Garon as skill fodder. He'd need a decent kit if he were to get anything from me besides exp. pts to reach lv. 40 at 4*.

36 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Apparently, they wanted to drove home a bizzare point that the Fallen Grimas are more dragon than human and have the skin of a dragon. Female Robin is respresented that way via Dragonskin and male Grima is represented through his "armor". Julius is controlled via a book that is in tune with his blood. 

Hell, they could have given Julius Flora's dagger effect to represent his tome's damage halving effect..

Well the half damage tome effect could be represented as an armor, since they obviously wouldn't put such an effect as is.  Or they could put it as is, and his infantry BST wouldn't be so brutally crippling.  Either way the point is the difference between free unit and banner unit.  Hardin isn't quite the final boss, but he is the most important villain in book 2 Mystery and he got the royal treatment.  

Hopefully Medeus is on a banner, would be sad to see him done badly.  

2 hours ago, Thane said:

I wonder if they'll give him some good lines. Julius' voiced dialogue was a real treat.

I doubt it. As a crazy brat ala Joffrey Julius has a lot more to work with. 

Garon on the other hand spend the vast majority of the time being mister grumpypants and even his evil laughs aren't particularly memorable. 

Julius being frail have always been his thing in FE4/5 yeah. Theres even a scene where his big brother is called in to visit him when he's sick, to the relief to the player because his big brother is a monster in humanoid form

I always liked that bit about Julius. Him being sickly, Ishtar being worried and Cyan helping his little brother out despite their nasty history together shows that they have a life outside of their jobs as main villain, Camus and mister mystery.  

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I’m already expecting clears of unit + 3 Azuras for the increasing discomfort meme

if he is a green axe or even breath armour, it would still be nice as a f2p option. We only have what...Fae as a 4 star green breath and Sheena as a 4 star axe armour?

If I had Airborne Azura, and if there isn't some nonsense like a TA -raven jerk, I'd totally do this with Leon.

I'm more curious about Bolverk than anything else. Although Heroes did give a lot of characterization to Grima so who's to say the said can't be done to Garon?

Whatever, he's a free unit so why do I care?

I'm not really interested in Garon, but I am interested to see how the game treats him. I'll keep a copy and 5* as part of my quest to 5* all the 3-4*s, but I likely won't use him past that, no matter how he turns out. I kinda hope to a bit of characterisation away from the game, like Grima got, though.

40 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

You know what...Xander's armour effective dagger might just do something.

...too bad I don't have Xander :(

Can't wait to see Garon fight against the his silly season children like Spring Xander.

Sorry, that's effective against Cavalry Xander for you. Did you mean Ryoma instead?

3 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Sorry, that's effective against Cavalry Xander for you. Did you mean Ryoma instead?

Oh right, wrong Nohr royal.

Unless you give Ryoma's weapon to the Nohrian prince

@Cute Chao Yeah it'll be interesting what lines they give Garon. I wonder if we ever get a Rev banner if they do a Grima and do Anankos lol

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh right, wrong Nohr royal.

Unless you give Ryoma's weapon to the Nohrian prince

@Cute Chao Yeah it'll be interesting what lines they give Garon. I wonder if we ever get a Rev banner if they do a Grima and do Anankos lol

Clearly that's what you meant all along!

It would be interesting to see Anankos, especially after what they did with Grima, who has become a favourite of mine in Heroes due to his voice, utility and design. It's been a little while since I played the game, but Anankos has his own form, doesn't he?

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Clearly that's what you meant all along!

It would be interesting to see Anankos, especially after what they did with Grima, who has become a favourite of mine in Heroes due to his voice, utility and design. It's been a little while since I played the game, but Anankos has his own form, doesn't he?

Spoiler

He has a human form in one of the DLCs- a hooded man with blue hair

So I guess they can sort of use Kiran's sprite as a base? Then maybe just summon the dragon form ala Grima?

Although wait, the human form I think is split from his crazes dragon form so not sure how that works..

Fates story is weird and a bit messy...

Either way, I wonder which path of Garon they base his voice lines on. I guess Birthright would be the most decent one- I wonder if he'll talk about his past and maybe even reference Azura's mother or something.

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Yup a ton of set up. What do you do with M Grima?  Nothing, he needs no spurs, buffs, he doesn't need close defense or distant defense.  He just destroys things and tanks.  That is the difference between free and banner. 

And instantly explodes to Falchion and Tiki.

The Black Knight also retains S-tier status, hampered only by his lack of merges and non-neutral natures. Ethlin is S- because staff cavalry units are ridiculous by default.

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They made M Grima an armor for no reason so I don't see why not.  Was Grima weak to armorslayers?  Nope.

Neither was Zephiel. However, these are the only (non-seasonal) units who are armors in Heroes and weren't in their original games, and both of them make sense because they're big and bulky and had unique classes to avoid having weaknesses that would make them less impressive of bosses.

Like others, I'm wondering what Bolverk's effects will be if it doesn't have Distant Counter. There's not much to go off of its effect in Fates, +20 dodge, for Heroes.

I wonder how a Deflect Magic and Missile effect with a higher threshold Guard would work. By higher threshold, I mean like >= 50% HP or him not being dead. That could work to emulate its dodge bonus where Bolverk makes it harder for Garon to be nuked by follow-ups and quickly charged specials.

Edited by Kaden

Now that I think about it I'm probably fine with Garon's presence. He might be the worst villain in the series but his design has always been amazing and a lot of his better peers are already in the game. Being freed from Fates bad writing might also be exactly what Garon needs. It did wonders for Xander so perhaps Garon will benefit as well. 

It will be nice if his summoning dialog is just "(Groans of increasing discomfort.)" It would be a fun reference to that one scene as well as displaying his displeasure towards being summoned by Kiran.

Maybe his 5* levdl 40 conversation can be "(Moans of increasing comfort.)" or something.

You know how one of many heroes' voice clips has them chuckling, giggling, etc.? Well, Garon's voice clip could having him audibly groaning in increasing discomfort.

Edited by Roflolxp54