[Datamine] New GHB: Garon, King of Nohr

Poimagic

Just now, Drakhis said:

In my opinion, it isn't"t worthy, but why not. I just keep all GHB and Tempest trials units because they are limited so I will not fodder one, even if it had "distant counter +++"

Resource that isn’t used might as well not exist. I’m not going to and I will not use him on the battlefield, so he can serve in other way.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Resource that isn’t used might as well not exist. I’m not going to and I will not use him on the battlefield, so he can serve in other way.

But but but.... the "Garon kills Garon" quest in the rerun (and "Garon in your team" quest)?

20 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

But but but.... the "Garon kills Garon" quest in the rerun (and "Garon in your team" quest)?

RIP two orbs then. My luck is shit anyway.
Don’t we get additional copies in the reruns?

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm actually not surprised Garon won't be an axe infantry. I always believed that Xander taking his daddy's armor and axe would be his logical legendary hero alt. And there's supposedly coming a new legandary hero banner pretty soon. I think we'll see Garon's armor and axe sooner rather than later. 

It's blue this month

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I think that he's more useful alone than being foddered because there are other units that aren't limited, with the same skill, and again for me, a resource that isn't used isn't the same at all as not existing (Units I hate are still in my collection, and I want to +10 them too)

2 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I think that he's more useful alone than being foddered because there are other units that aren't limited, with the same skill, and again for me, a resource that isn't used isn't the same at all as not existing (Units I hate are still in my collection, and I want to +10 them too)

What point in keeping a unit that I will literally never ever use again? I don’t get why one would want to +10 those whom one hates.

This reminds me of when I sent home Spring Camilla whom I got from the first ever 8% banner. The only regret I’ve about that is that I couldn’t have known they would raise the HM cap.

Edited by Vaximillian

30 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Okay....even as someone who hates Garon I have to admit that looks amazing. 

Exactly, I also like his art. Only ... I've never played fates, but his grin on the standard art seems a little off. 

Sweet panic ploy fodder or Distant defense fodder jummy.

I really like that dragon form though, did he turn into a dragon in Birthright? I only played Conquest and Revelations.

Edited by Falter

2 minutes ago, Falter said:

Sweet panic ploy fodder or Distant defense fodder jummy.

I really like that dragon form though, did he turn into a dragon in Birthright? I only played Conquest en Revelations.

Spoiler

Yes he did, he was the endboss form in Birthright, whose role was taken over by Takumi in Conquest.

On 9/13/2018 at 12:13 AM, Medeus said:

If he's a general, he's getting foddered immediately. If he's a dragon, I'll keep one of him depending on what color he is. If he's goo, I'm not touching his GHB with a ten foot pole.

Either way, I'm still not excited for him. He is the best option for the villains since all of them are awful, but he's still not someone I really care about.

Ashnard

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

What point in keeping a unit that I will literally never ever use again? I don’t get why one would want to +10 those whom one hates.

This reminds me of when I sent home Spring Camilla whom I got from the first ever 8% banner. The only regret I’ve about that is that I couldn’t have known they would raise the HM cap.

It's the opposite for me. I don't think it's a great idea to send them home and for me, the goal for me is to have all units with perfect ivs and +10 (I know it's impossible). But again I understand that this is not your goal

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Why would I willingly turn down Distant Defence fodder?

Well, at least make sure to pluck the 5,000 feathers off of him before you do that. (Maybe save a single copy in case they ever increase the Hero Merit cap.)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, at least make sure to pluck the 5,000 feathers off of him before you do that. (Maybe save a single copy in case they ever increase the Hero Merit cap.)

Yes, I already got reminded of the 5,000 feathers I would have lost that way.

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

More like another Camilla alt, I’m calling it.

That’s the most likely scenario but I’d much rather have Garon himself or even Xander or Leo take Bölverk instead. 

It’s not like there’s a real shortage of Camilla alts but...I can see why they’d do it. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

His dragon animation and the art is quite fantastic.  Using his dragon version means they did have to put in a lot more work, creating the regular Garon sprite/animations and then the dragon sprite/animations.  The nuetral pose is great, cause he looks like this innocent old grandpa who may be suffering from some terrible disease but is still thrilled to see you.  Of course it is all an act as his action arts show!  Despite being infantry they did min max his stats pretty well, tanking his speed to give him good mixed bulk and attack.  His special weapon AoE effect seems like it would be great to pair with Fallen Takumi.  Turn 3, Takumi, Turn 4 Garon.