[Datamine] New GHB: Garon, King of Nohr

Poimagic

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

related, how does Grima, Grima, Hardin, and Zeph speaks?

They all talk normally in Heroes.

It's generally better to talk normally in this type of text format (as opposed to a comic style where you can generally add half-width spaces between words to make them easier to make out) because it's way easier to read (imaginereadingenglishwithoutcapitalizationorspaces).

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

imaginereadingenglishwithoutcapitalizationorspaces

I think it is doable, it just takes practice.

I cleared infernal using Adult Tiki, Ninian, Clarisse, and Camilla. Though I messed up a little on their equipped skills since I was a little fatigued today. I have Garon pretty much built up other than the final merge, he's pretty fun to use.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it is doable, it just takes practice.

It's also doable to read Japanese written only with hiragana (how young children write before they learn kanji... back in Japanese class in college, one of our lessons used a short essay written by a young child who speaks Kansai) or only with katakana (how robot-robots and definitely-not-humans speak in comics), but it similarly takes practice and is a pain to do in general.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@mampfoid Really nice! That Astra at the end dealing so much damage was a very good ending. The map really favored the 1 turn style with all the enemies being so close to each other.

I'll try to post my Eirika clear tomorrow, because I'm really short on time right now and in my test run I noticed that this map really hates my guts (Wary Fighter Armor, 2 units with Swordbreaker with one being blue with tons of Def and a 2 CD Bonfire and worst of all, the map is awfully small and filled with ranged horses that can attack the other 3 units). 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Ice Dragon But in Fates he is talking in katakana? Perhaps they tried to be consistent in his translation (if he talked all in caps in the English Fates version). 

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Haven't played Fates. Would not know.

I couldn't remember off-hand, hence having to dig up the script again (Finding the script for this game is surprisingly annoying compared to other games, both English and Japanese), but it seems Garon speaks normally even in his dragon form:

何度やっても結果は同じ…▼
お前たちは…
わしに負けるためにこの道を選んだ…▼
ここで死ぬのが…
運命なのだ…▼

(Conquest final boss spoilers)

Spoiler

Interestingly, his goo form in Conquest speaks using the katakana/kanji pattern I mentioned earlier

ワシ、ハ…
暗夜ト白夜ニ君臨、スル…▼
唯一、ニシテ、偉大ナル、王…
ガロン…ダ…▼

And here's how it was translated in the English version:

“I...WiLl nOt LoSe... I WiLl RuLe nOhR aNd hOsHiDo...tHe wHoLe WoRld!! I aM tHe GrEaTeSt KiNg Of aLl!!”

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Really nice! That Astra at the end dealing so much damage was a very good ending. The map really favored the 1 turn style with all the enemies being so close to each other.

Thanks! Yeah, that part was satisfying. 

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'll try to post my Eirika clear tomorrow, because I'm really short on time right now and in my test run I noticed that this map really hates my guts (Wary Fighter Armor, 2 units with Swordbreaker with one being blue with tons of Def and a 2 CD Bonfire and worst of all, the map is awfully small and filled with ranged horses that can attack the other 3 units). 

I was thinking of your Eirika when I saw all those swordbreakers. Good luck! 

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

(Conquest final boss spoilers)

That sounds a little possessed indeed. Thanks for looking that up! 

@mampfoid Your clears keep making me wish I had a Brave Roy. He'd be so nice alongside Peri as a Galeforce cav duo (since he doesn't need Heavy Blade seal, which she's hogging) Nice clear as always. I always forget to consider getting an enemy phase kill like you did at the end, since being so aggressive makes me focus too much on the player phase part.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Your clears keep making me wish I had a Brave Roy. He'd be so nice alongside Peri as a Galeforce cav duo (since he doesn't need Heavy Blade seal, which she's hogging) Nice clear as always. I always forget to consider getting an enemy phase kill like you did at the end, since being so aggressive makes me focus too much on the player phase part.

Good luck to both of us pulling Roy(s) on the next legendary banner. He has got a good chance to be featured there. 

Enemy phase is sometimes necessary, but luckily most nukes can tank at least 1 hit. 

I like that they're bringing in more Area of Effect attacks (let's see Duma's Megaquake some day), but I'm not really sure it fits Garon. He drained energy from his allies originally in Birthright, right (I honestly never let the battle last long enough for him to actually use the Dragon Veins, I expect most people are probably in that same boat)? Was hoping we'd finally get to see an inverse Ardent Sacrifice with him where you drain health from allies to restore your own.

I cleared this GHB long ago, standard Flier Team with the amazing Firesweep Kinshi Hinoka, and the hardest part was getting every other unit cleared out before taking on Garon. The HARDEST hardest part was remembering Garon wasn't an armored unit, even though he totally should have been...

Ugh... I'll keep the 3* copy of Garon around like I do every GHB unit, but I am not touching him whatsoever... his 4* clones will be food for those who want Panic Ploy...