Who was your first S support?

MyLuckyHaiku

On 9/13/2018 at 9:21 PM, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Orochi is pretty good if you keep her as a Magic user, In my current playthrough (General Corrin) I reclassed her to Kinshi and plan on grinding naginata proficiency to give her the Bolt naginata (Because her Str is 7) But I wouldn't know about Jakob's combat abilities, As I don't use him much, However I heard he does good as a Paladin or Great knight

Orochi ended up getting RNG screwed hard on Skill so she could barely even hit. Either way, they were first playthroughs of each route so I didn't know any of the unit's well enough to know what classes would work well for them. At least with Rev I had used all the units at least once so I had some idea of what would work.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I'm not really sold on Rhajat being that good either, so it might as well be a case of "that isn't saying a whole lot" in my humble opinion.

In what regard? Character or unit.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

In what regard? Character or unit.

Unit wise. Her skill growth is pretty bad and almost unfixable thanks to her dismal 10 base growth.

26 minutes ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

I Mean, Yeah. She can't double much, But I don't really care if she can take an enemy out in one hit, While staying behind my Tanks. Also, The only thing I use Jakob for is to get Dwyer

The thing is, her single attack often isn't going to KO unless the target was weakened. I would argue Hayato as better even on Birthright.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Unit wise. Her skill growth is pretty bad and almost unfixable thanks to her dismal 10 base growth.

The thing is, her single attack often isn't going to KO unless the target was weakened. I would argue Hayato as better even on Birthright.

I Don't even use Hayato, I don't even know why. I Guess I just prefer using a different mage over him

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would argue Hayato as better even on Birthright.

Even without grinding?

I mean, I guess you get him early enough that his starting level isn't that harmful.  Skill's important, sure, but I don't know if I should start using a growth character like Hayato on Chapter 9 unless I guess I just slap him in the vanguard of a pair-up with a better unit.

Personally, I mostly go with either my unit as a mage or make Sakura a Witch or Dark Flier.  I may opt to make Felicia into a Strategist or DLC class as well if she's one of the initial party members.  Orochi is just used if I feel the need to capture units or to finish off the scraps my better units couldn't quite kill, 'cuz I think in spite of her good skill growth I really don't like her abysmal speed that's even lower than frickin' Rinkah and Silas's speed stats, and obviously the shortcoming of bad defense that most natural mages seem to be locked with.

38 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Even without grinding?

I mean, I guess you get him early enough that his starting level isn't that harmful.  Skill's important, sure, but I don't know if I should start using a growth character like Hayato on Chapter 9 unless I guess I just slap him in the vanguard of a pair-up with a better unit.

Personally, I mostly go with either my unit as a mage or make Sakura a Witch or Dark Flier.  I may opt to make Felicia into a Strategist or DLC class as well if she's one of the initial party members.  Orochi is just used if I feel the need to capture units or to finish off the scraps my better units couldn't quite kill, 'cuz I think in spite of her good skill growth I really don't like her abysmal speed that's even lower than frickin' Rinkah and Silas's speed stats, and obviously the shortcoming of bad defense that most natural mages seem to be locked with.

I guess, though I would say it's more of a toss-up. But when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, availability is pretty much all she has going for her - and it ain't enough imho.

That makes two of us - I oft find myself struggling to justify using a mage in Fates in general, considering that most of the natural mages have some crippling shortcoming.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

My level 10 Kinshi knight Orochi has a mag of 26 and when using the Bolt Naginata +2 she can deal quite a bit of damage to a unit with low-mid res. But too bad the Bolt Naginata can't crit, Because Orochi has high skill

Azama. My first impression was pretty much " Matt Mercer playing a snarky blunt priest with an afro and CLOSED EYES! SIGN ME UP"

Also I played as a girl just because I wanted 2 kids.

Also Azama is best Jeigan in birthright fight me.

Edited by Tuvy

10 hours ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

My level 10 Kinshi knight Orochi has a mag of 26 and when using the Bolt Naginata +2 she can deal quite a bit of damage to a unit with low-mid res. But too bad the Bolt Naginata can't crit, Because Orochi has high skill

You do know that doesn't exactly disprove my point about her? In fact, you're just backing it up.

2 hours ago, Tuvy said:

Azama. My first impression was pretty much " Matt Mercer playing a snarky blunt priest with an afro and CLOSED EYES! SIGN ME UP"

Also I played as a girl just because I wanted 2 kids.

Also Azama is best Jeigan in birthright fight me.

Azama's great, He was my first Female S Support

You do know that doesn't exactly disprove my point about her? In fact, you're just backing it up.

Hayato can't do anything right Not really, What I meant was that she could take out units that don't have super high res, So in theory she could take out a General.

1 hour ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Azama's great, He was my first Female S Support

Hayato can't do anything right Not really, What I meant was that she could take out units that don't have super high res, So in theory she could take out a General.

Except she cannot double them (at least not without them using weapons that make them easier to double) as she is just that damn slow. To put things into perspective: Chapter 27 Generals have 11 speed on Hard. 16 speed is needed to double them. She doesn't get that until 20/20 on average. Which I don't see happening.

19 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Unusually enough her Skill level ups weren't as bad as Orochi's ended up being. She seemed to have inherited her mother, Sakura's weirdly good growths. Plus she had the Speed to make up for any shortcomings early on. I can't really say anything about her in general, though. The only other main playthrough I used her in I had her as a Basara so I can't properly gauge her usefulness as a unit. Guess I just got lucky.

Except she cannot double them (at least not without them using weapons that make them easier to double) as she is just that damn slow. To put things into perspective: Chapter 27 Generals have 11 speed on Hard. 16 speed is needed to double them. She doesn't get that until 20/20 on average. Which I don't see happening.

Level 14 Kinshi!Orochi has 18 speed right now, I just beat the Windmire chapter (Which is 25, Right?)

Scarlet, but for very practical reasons. I didn't realize until a bit latter into the game how balanced the genders were in this game's standard dating pool (meaning all the 1st gen characters who are capable of marrying someone other than the MC). They were perfectly balanced, such that if I married one of the women, one of the men would have no one to marry. Thus I had 3 options: marry one of the children (and I find the idea of marrying any of the children kinda gross), miss out on recruiting one of the children (and I wanted all of the maps and all of the characters), or marrying outside the standard dating pool. The two ladies outside the standard dating pool in Birthright were Scarlet and Reina, and of the two I thought Scarlet was the better option.

15 hours ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Level 14 Kinshi!Orochi has 18 speed right now, I just beat the Windmire chapter (Which is 25, Right?)

Nope. Windmire is 22. 25 has Iago. And my point is that Orochi's otherwise amazing offense is compromised because she's so slow - if she struggles to double the slowest of the slow...

MU and Kaze was my first S Support. I appreciated the behavior of the ninja, so much i ended up marrying him. Also, F! Corrin and Silas is such a good Pair Up because it can bot up some defense and movement. Also, since i didn't play abusing Power Creep in Birthright, having both Kana, Kaze and Corrin being able to use the Replicate ability made the walkthrough easier. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.Vercetti said:

MU and Kaze was my first S Support. I appreciated the behavior of the ninja, so much i ended up marrying him. Also, F! Corrin and Silas is such a good Pair Up because it can bot up some defense and movement. Also, since i didn't play abusing Power Creep in Birthright, having both Kana, Kaze and Corrin being able to use the Replicate ability made the walkthrough easier. 

Bold: First, I assume you meant "playthrough". Second, with all due respect, wouldn't the game be nearly over by the time you got Replicate? Just saying.

Felicia (CQ), Sakura (BR), Azura (Rev).

I absolutely love Felicia as a character and her skill just made it better for me. Sakura because I had started my BR play through to right past the route split while still trying to finish Conquest and just checked into that file everyday and eventually hit S with her before unlocking pretty much anyone else. Azura because I find her to be canonical pair for Male Corrin despite being first cousins, though I don't think that they knew for a while. They just have some really good chemistry with one another.