New Heroes Revealed: Generals of Muspell (September 21 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Garon, 43/33/22/33/32

Breath of Blight
Neutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. At the start of turn 4, deals 10 damage to foes within 3 spaces, and restores HP to unit = number of foes within 3 spaces × 5. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

Distant Def 3
Panic Ploy

This is defineately going to be a painful GHB. Seriously, what is the perfect counter against him?

Legendary Marth would still own him. Thanks to Binding Shield, Marth will double him and Garon cannot counter. 

Not really sure how I should be reacting to these new A-skills.  On one hand they allow for a bit more diversity in one's arena core by letting infantry and fliers score just as well as some armors at the expense of a more practical skill.  On the other I don't think it really matters since competitive arena cores have been reduced to nothing more than stat sticks and support bots.  It seems like they're doubling down on the BST+Skill cost scoring system unfortunately. 

Also, what' the point of making them so restrictive besides blatant cash-grabbing?  The way they're set up now, they can potentially sell the same skill 12 times, and that's just assuming they don't make an Armor variant some day.  Stupid. 

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

So, now that @Ice Dragon's arena bonus unit theory has been shot down, I wonder if both of the banners following this one will be Halloween themed.

Explain to me how it's been shot down? There's nothing to suggest that the new characters are banner characters unless there has been new information that I haven't seen. In fact, the fact that they were implemented now and not the day of the next banner going live seems to say that they aren't going to be on that banner.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

And that could've been a 3.0 update. Nobody would've known for sure. I'm tired of people telling me "they can't see laguz being added until this point" though, so can people just drop it? Not your fault, but I've been hearing it a lot.

Sorry, but if you're expecting a 3.0 update without anything as much as a Feh Channel to hint at it yet, we understandably will be questioning such expectations when they pop and (especially including those who are not aware of this conversation) are under no moral obligation to stop questioning.  You'll have to deal with it. Remember, Ver. 2 was two weeks after the Feh Channel advertising it.

Someone on Reddit did suggest IS just went ahead and added the Muspell character data now so they won't have to do it in the future, which really doesn't say or mean anything in concerns to the upcoming banner. Just means that IS may have decided to save time.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Explain to me how it's been shot down? There's nothing to suggest that the new characters are banner characters unless there has been new information that I haven't seen. In fact, the fact that they were implemented now and not the day of the next banner going live seems to say that they aren't going to be on that banner.

I don't know why they were added this early, but I don't buy that they're giving us free copies of both Garon and three Muspell units with 5* exclusive level skill sets over the course of the next week. There aren't even any apparent ways of getting them free before next week's banner launches.

In addition, the dataminers said they found framework for 5 new banners. We're not getting 5 new banners over the course of the next week. Most likely, those 5 banners are the two New Heroes banners (the current one and the next one), New Power, Heroes with Swift Sparrow, and a rerun of the Performing Arts banner. That lines up perfectly with the timeframe leading up to the next legendary banner.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

In addition, the dataminers said they found framework for 5 new banners.

Okay, that's probably the best evidence, though I still wouldn't call it a lock.

If the next banner were actually intended to be brand new characters, I would still expect the release team to be holding off on adding their data and assets until right before the banner. There's no harm in allocating space for more banners, but it does seem a bit weird to be adding 2 updates' worth of banners at once. Then again, this is the first time we've had new character banners start this close to each other.

There are too many unprecedented situations here to really know how they plan to handle everything.

And I'll punch them through the internets if they end up having two seasonal banners in a row to make the Halloween Arena bonus set line up.

5 hours ago, Rinco said:

But in that case, they needed the units for the chapter to come out. We already had assets for the sisters and Helbindi, so they wouldn't need to put their stats and skills yet. That's what I'm finding odd on all this. 

Spoiler

The answer is in the Datamine Text list below the album on the Gamepress Datamine page I think. Notice how the internal string name for all 3 Múspell units end with _MIKATA01, which implies they are considered separate 'friend/ally' AKA summonable/playable units.

This makes sense, considering that these 3 units show up with varying skills equipped when we fight them in Story Mode chapters.

12 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Why is Laegjarn and Laev already visible in the catalog while Garon and Helbindi are not?

Seriously, go check the silhouettes.

They become visible when you see them on a map as a unit you do not own. If you played through any story map with Laegjarn or Laevatein after downloading the update, they will appear in your Herodex as silhouettes.

3 minutes ago, Azuni said:
  Hide contents

The answer is in the Datamine Text list below the album on the Gamepress Datamine page I think. Notice how the internal string name for all 3 Múspell units end with _MIKATA01, which implies they are considered separate 'friend/ally' AKA summonable/playable units.

This makes sense, considering that these 3 units show up with varying skills equipped when we fight them in Story Mode chapters.

I imagine also that there's stuff associated with their non-playable versions that activate things like boss music and playing their defeated lines when appearing as enemies (which their summonable versions wouldn't do)

Helbindi with a "Barrier Axe" if and when it'll be introduced would be pretty damn tanky.

Spoiler

Helbindi's stats are 44 HP, 35 Atk, 18 Spd, 35 Def, and 31 Res.

With an axe that gives him +7 resistance when attacked, Helbindi would have 35/38 defenses. With 44 HP, he'd have 79 total or 57x2 physical bulk and 82 total or 60x2 magical bulk. With a defense refine, he'd have 49 HP, 39 defense, and 38 resistance when attacked for 88 total or 64x2 physical bulk and 87 total or 63 magical bulk when attacked. A resistance refine would give him 49 HP, 35 defense, 35 resistance at all times and 42 resistance when attacked. That would give him 84 total or 60x2 physical and magical bulk where magical bulk becomes 91 total or 67x2 when he's attacked.

Distant Counter would be nice on him since he's basically an infantry unit with slow, bulky gen 1 armor's stat spread, but giving him Steady or Warding Breath could let him grind out charges his his high defenses and default Guard according to Gamepedia. You could either stack the stat refine with the stat Breath or complement Steady Breath with a resistance refined "Barrier Axe" or Warding Breath with a defense refined "Barrier Axe". Deflect Magic or Missile would also help as well if you aren't using it already on someone else like Seliph and Sigurd since he'd likely be doubled; it'd take >= 23 speed double him.

If he and the others are actually summonable, then +Def or +Res, -Spd Helbindi would be even bulkier along with getting him to +10 if you really like him. Or you could go for +Atk, -Spd instead if you feel like his defenses are high enough.

Related to Helbindi, with his stats and access to a personal weapon and with the developers handing out personal weapons to units without them, Hawkeye would really want one soon since Helbindi's basically ++Def, -Spd Hawkeye with gen 2 BST.

Edited by Kaden

I am not sure how those A skill slots for the Arena pan out. A Slot is one of the most competetiv slots and some characters miss out on stuff so they can even survive if they initiate. I guess its only usefull on units you want to use for support that dont necessary face alot of battles, like Marth Dancers M Corrin etc. Otherwise i dont see a reason why to use that, and then there is the problem of blessings... fuck those blessings -_-

I love that the OCs (most notably Helbindi) are becoming playable but I heavily detest those new A slots that Helbindi and Laegjarn come with.

Instead of simply lowering the importance that bst has in arena, or better yet getting rid of any importance it has at all since it was always an arbitrary requirement for scoring well, they simply introduce these new A slots that are blatant cash grabs by having them restricted the way they are and are pretty much mandatory to use any low bst characters which is a pretty big portion of the cast.

Also, A slots are such a strange place to have them on. Even if you were to use them to get a low bst character into arena, it just seems severely crippling having your A slot be essential hp+ 5 (truly the real victim of all this) as opposed to anything else. I guess dancers are pretty much the only ones who can afford that since they don’t take an active role in combat (real subtle of them throwing in the two skills that would allow the only two dancers that buff all stats as the first ones to benefit from it... NOT!)

I just hate everything about those skills and it gives me yet another reason for loathing arena.

Those new A skills are for whales.  People who have to be in tier 21, get top ranking in Arena Assault, etc.  I think for everyone else they can just ignore them.  Really yeah a much better change would have been just to throw out the BST requirement in arena, throw out the SP bonus and all that as well.  Just have scoring based on having a full skillset fully upgraded (so level 3 more than level 2), being level 40, rarity, and bonus kill and that's it.  I think the thing is they are in too deep.  All those people who invested in rare skills solely for score not for playability would be peeved.

I hope Icedragon is right with prediction of they all being free units, but I doubt it.  IS is very generous, but these units can make millions for them, perhaps break all former banner records even.  I think the book 2 quests are to make up for no story orbs.  Anyways just a one week wait to find out.  

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

People who have to be in tier 21, get top ranking in Arena Assault, etc.

People who have to be in Tier 21 and get top ranking in Arena Assault are already there using they teams they already have.

These skills are for players who want to use "unusual" units at the top of the Arena on either an offense or defense team.

17 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Those new A skills are for whales.  People who have to be in tier 21, get top ranking in Arena Assault, etc.  I think for everyone else they can just ignore them.  Really yeah a much better change would have been just to throw out the BST requirement in arena, throw out the SP bonus and all that as well.  Just have scoring based on having a full skillset fully upgraded (so level 3 more than level 2), being level 40, rarity, and bonus kill and that's it.  I think the thing is they are in too deep.  All those people who invested in rare skills solely for score not for playability would be peeved.

I hope Icedragon is right with prediction of they all being free units, but I doubt it.  IS is very generous, but these units can make millions for them, perhaps break all former banner records even.  I think the book 2 quests are to make up for no story orbs.  Anyways just a one week wait to find out.  

They're in a weird spot. At the very top, armors are still going to be worth more, since they can hit 175. I guess they're for the not quite at the top whales, for the bonus units in case you don't have an armor, or if you're dead set on using your cavs or something?

In addition to everything @NegativeExponents- said, another thing that irks me about them is it feels like the first time an in-game skill or character really breaks immersion.

Edited by bottlegnomes

14 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

At the very top, armors are still going to be worth more, since they can hit 175.

The difference between 170 and 175 is negligible. A single unit being 1 stat bin lower results in an average of losing only 2.5 points over the course of 5 matches, which is less than the number of points gained by getting one more bonus kill.

If you're right at a cutoff, it's more worth your effort to snipe for higher-scoring matches instead of trying to boost your stats by 1 more stat bin.

18 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

In addition to everything @NegativeExponents- said, another thing that irks me about them is it feels like the first time an in-game skill or character really breaks immersion.

Live for Honor? Live for Bounty? Valor and Experience skills?

The Duel skills to me feel like getting a bye in the first round of a tournament bracket.