New Heroes Revealed: Generals of Muspell (September 21 ~)

Coolmanio

Pretty comical that those skills will make stuff like Merric/Soren/Axura/Raven score higher than the premier f2p point brick green armor, Sheena.

Overall I'm somewhat neutral to the new additions, if anything, such skills will reduce the number of 5* exclusives I need to shoot for to +10, instead merging up lower bst units that are more accessible (Fae is one candidate that was already on my list). It also may promote more variety in the 740s+, instead of mostly seeing armors/dragons/legends/gen2 units, adding back in lower bst units like dancers/mages/etc.

On the other hand, I'm a little annoyed that I'll have to wait quite a while to get the versions for other units that I have the copies for/completed units of (Titania, Camilla, Eliwood, Nowi, etc).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The difference between 170 and 175 is negligible. A single unit being 1 stat bin lower results in an average of losing only 2.5 points over the course of 5 matches, which is less than the number of points gained by getting one more bonus kill.

If you're right at a cutoff, it's more worth your effort to snipe for higher-scoring matches instead of trying to boost your stats by 1 more stat bin.

Fair enough. Didn't realize there was that small of a difference.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Live for Honor? Live for Bounty? Valor and Experience skills?

The Duel skills to me feel like getting a bye in the first round of a tournament bracket.

Valor and experience skills can be seen as the unit with them coaching the others to train more effectively. Fair enough on the "Live for..." skills. I forgot they exist, though not especially a fan of them in the context of the game world either. I kinda blocked them out of my mind for the same reason.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Finally Laegjarn is here! Gotta get her no matter what. I didn't though that day will come this soon.

But damn that story chapter. Dying like that make me sad. I guess she is now officially Camus? 

Edit: At least she managed save her sister, so her sacrifice wasn't for nothing. 

Edited by Tenzen12

Huh, so they're visible in the Catalog of Heroes to anyone, even without datamining. That's a really strange thing to allow. Maybe they didn't want Laegjarn and Helbindi fans to get too frustrated?

I had an optimistic, highly highly unlikely thought for the OCs. Instead of getting a Legendary Hero, we'd be getting Legendary Heroes.

I say as unlikely as IRL having a successful moon colony tomorrow, b/c it's still 14 days before the LH, so it's totally out of wack to add them so early. And it'd be very cruel to give just a week for three.

It was just the self-delusion of someone who wants different from the next NH.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Do a map with Helbindi in it, and then his silhouette will be visible.

I had the same question, and i can confirm that this is how it works. Note that chapter 13 has leveathan and legarn, but no helbindi or garon (i took note of that because ghb units being on a story map makes ghb rerun quests WAY easier) I did a map in chaper 12, and sure enough, i started seeing helbindi's silouette.

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Those new A skills are for whales.  People who have to be in tier 21, get top ranking in Arena Assault, etc.  I think for everyone else they can just ignore them.  Really yeah a much better change would have been just to throw out the BST requirement in arena, throw out the SP bonus and all that as well.  Just have scoring based on having a full skillset fully upgraded (so level 3 more than level 2), being level 40, rarity, and bonus kill and that's it.  I think the thing is they are in too deep.  All those people who invested in rare skills solely for score not for playability would be peeved.

I hope Icedragon is right with prediction of they all being free units, but I doubt it.  IS is very generous, but these units can make millions for them, perhaps break all former banner records even.  I think the book 2 quests are to make up for no story orbs.  Anyways just a one week wait to find out.  

Honestly, the fact that you essentualy have to run hp+5 in your A slot makes these less usable. However, there are now three dancers (PA ingio, PA azura, and flyer olivia) who can be run in the arena. The meta is all about getting kills to one unit, and if there is one thing dancers are good at, it is helping other units do more things (and given that the primary functin of a dancer has nothing to do with the A slot, that is less of an issue than it is for everyone else). i expect that this will make bonus unit kills easier to get as a result.

As for who we will get for free, I honestly suspect leviathan only, because she is alive, and can sensibly join as part of the story. Also, she does not have a duel skill, and IS probably wants people to have to pull for the abovementiond dancer shinanagines. Leiathan, on the other hand, has fury in her a slot (which is not exactly hard to get). Her other skills may be new, but they are variations on skills that have been around for a while (whales probably got several karlas and bridal sanakis already, and are probably working on building stashes of nina, not to mension how easy the blade effect is to get

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

People who have to be in Tier 21 and get top ranking in Arena Assault are already there using they teams they already have.

These skills are for players who want to use "unusual" units at the top of the Arena on either an offense or defense team.

Maybe a lot of those tier 21 people are using armors/trainee dragons even though they much prefer other unit types, or have favorite characters they can't use cause of low BST.  This encourage hose people to get to use the units they want to use, also will increase interest for many people that perhaps had no interest in high tier arena cause it was so limited.  

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

They're in a weird spot. At the very top, armors are still going to be worth more, since they can hit 175. I guess they're for the not quite at the top whales, for the bonus units in case you don't have an armor, or if you're dead set on using your cavs or something?

In addition to everything @NegativeExponents- said, another thing that irks me about them is it feels like the first time an in-game skill or character really breaks immersion.

Icedragon answered this, though I did not know that 5 BST made that little a difference.  @sirmola made a great point that dancers make it much easier to get a single bonus unit to get kills, and this skill will allow some of them (and in the future when we get more likely all) to be run and counted as 170BST units.  

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had an optimistic, highly highly unlikely thought for the OCs. Instead of getting a Legendary Hero, we'd be getting Legendary Heroes.

I say as unlikely as IRL having a successful moon colony tomorrow, b/c it's still 14 days before the LH, so it's totally out of wack to add them so early. And it'd be very cruel to give just a week for three.

It was just the self-delusion of someone who wants different from the next NH.

The trio will be arena bonus units before the legendary banner is out, so that can't happen.

I mean the sisters have cool designs but they're still Heroes characters so I have no real attachment to them. Cool for people who were waiting for them though. Garon looks really creepy and it's so weird his base form is as a red dragon. Wonder if this means Bolverk is being saved for a Legendary Camilla or Xander.

26 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I mean the sisters have cool designs but they're still Heroes characters so I have no real attachment to them. Cool for people who were waiting for them though. Garon looks really creepy and it's so weird his base form is as a red dragon. Wonder if this means Bolverk is being saved for a Legendary Camilla or Xander.

Legendary Elise

38 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Garon is an honorary Christmas unit with that smile and cape.

Santa came two and half months early.

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Maybe a lot of those tier 21 people are using armors/trainee dragons even though they much prefer other unit types, or have favorite characters they can't use cause of low BST.  This encourage hose people to get to use the units they want to use, also will increase interest for many people that perhaps had no interest in high tier arena cause it was so limited.

The Duel skills are absolutely horrible for performance (unless you're running @Hilda's Vengeance Karel or something), so I can't really see them being used for much outside of bragging rights or getting dancers up to the top of the Arena where they can be annoying.

The dolphins are going to be using the skill to boost their score range, but the whales are going to be fine where they are. If there's a character I really want to use, I'd rather use them in challenge content where I can use them at their full potential or in an Arena defense team where I can show off my bling, not Arena offense.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I"m excited for the  Muspell characters becoming playable, the duel skills not so much. While it "fix" the problem of lower bst units in the arena, it requires giving up the a slot, and shows there will not be a full effort to chance the scoring in the arena Maybe the skills will see more use as a  seal, that ways it would require less commitment? 

I'll probably put G Duel Infantry on my Spring Sharena. She's a debuff bot and also provides either tactic skills or Infantry Rush. Would have considered Legendary Lyn but she sacrifices her personal skill for it.

If I had unlimited resources, I would start a Bartre +10 project. After nature, merges, and skills, he's at 71 HP and would become a Panic Ploy bot.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:48 AM, Johann said:

If they wanna add the remaining OCs as Legendaries, they certainly could through the next 3 banners, since we're looking at:

• September: Blue Earth - could be Bruno
  • October: Red Water - could be Hrid
  • November: Colorless Water - could be Ylgr if they give her a staff

Honestly, I’d love this! I like the Nilf royal siblings and it would really irk me to have only 2 out of the 4 be lengendary. Also, I just really really want my Hrid to S support. Bruno would be a good consolation prize but I want Hrid.

22 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Honestly, I’d love this! I like the Nilf royal siblings and it would really irk me to have only 2 out of the 4 be lengendary. Also, I just really really want my Hrid to S support. Bruno would be a good consolation prize but I want Hrid.

Considering we haven't gotten an OC as a legendary hero since Gunnthra and we're apparently getting a regular banner with the the Muspell OCs, I feel like the chance of them coming to us as new legendary units seems lower. But at the same time, this feels like the end of the window to make those characters playable if we're moving on to book III and may never see the Nifl characters again. It seems possible they could have another OC banner in the future to get them, if they don't do the legendary route, but it's gonna be coming kind of late if they don't do it soon.

I don't see Ylgr or Bruno being legendary. I think Hrid will be October's legendary, but I'm guessing Bruno will be a free Askr-style unit (maybe at the launch of Book 3, like Fjorm?) while Ylgr might be on some future OC banner.

As for September, I think we'll get a female character to keep things balanced, especially if Hrid is in October. In that case, my guess is Micaiah.

I find it really funny that all three are already listed in the herodex since the banner is the end of next week.  If they make Bruno the legendary I will cry because I will not have orbs for him.  Hrid being October's legendary makes sense, since he is a sword unit and the season will be water which suits him element wise.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't see Ylgr or Bruno being legendary. I think Hrid will be October's legendary, but I'm guessing Bruno will be a free Askr-style unit (maybe at the launch of Book 3, like Fjorm?) while Ylgr might be on some future OC banner.

As for September, I think we'll get a female character to keep things balanced, especially if Hrid is in October. In that case, my guess is Micaiah.

I agree with Bruno not being a legendary hero, as he’ll likely be included some other way. Plus his vanilla tome... needs a lot of work. But wouldn’t make any sense for Ylgr to be on another banner since who else is she going to share it with? Surtr? Loki??? Plus with Book 2 done it’s quite possible we’ll never see in the story again. November fits her perfectly as it’s supposed to have a colorless legendary and she’s a staff unit (it’s said that she has the power to heal). 

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Duel skills are absolutely horrible for performance (unless you're running @Hilda's Vengeance Karel or something), so I can't really see them being used for much outside of bragging rights or getting dancers up to the top of the Arena where they can be annoying.

The dolphins are going to be using the skill to boost their score range, but the whales are going to be fine where they are. If there's a character I really want to use, I'd rather use them in challenge content where I can use them at their full potential or in an Arena defense team where I can show off my bling, not Arena offense.

They are horrible for combat, but plenty of people want to use their horses, ranged units, dancers whatever non armor/non dragon in high tier arena but can't cause of low BST.  If you just want to excel in arena use armors and merge them.  However there are many who want to use the units they like, which may happen to be low BST units, in top tier arena.  

I think IS realizes how popular OCs are now, with them featuring in comics, with Brave Veronica domination of the voting gauntlet, with how CYL2 went.  I don't think there is anything negative finance wise in terms of making Bruno this month's legendary hero, and having Ylgr, Hrid in future.  I think it would increase profits in fact.  People want to play these characters.