New Heroes Revealed: Generals of Muspell (September 21 ~)

Coolmanio

Imagine being somebody that just started the game and before you're finished working your way through Book 2 you summon one of these guys off-focus. Totally random that an ally you've been using just showed up in the story as a villain. I guess Xander is kind of like that as well now that he's in a weekly rotation, but even in the story dialogue you get the impression Xander is not a bad guy and is just working out of some warped sense of duty - not unlike all the Heroes you summon.

Also I face palmed at the Duel skills. Welp, guess they finally decided on a more direct means of toning down Armor emblem. I expect that passive ability on sooooo many personal weapons in the future. And for sure as a Seal.

Edited by Glennstavos

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to summon Laegjarn and Laevatein. They deserve a good home after being under Surtr for so long.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm honestly not surprised.

I began to think that might be the case when they were put in the last update along with all the upcoming quests but with no new chapter.

Seems like a waste of these nice characters. Even if they didn't want to bring a full story chapter or paralogue, they could have made a xenologue for some minimal characterisation. 

Shame about no new paralogue or anything. I guess they just didn't feel like bothering this time.. Oh well, I'm still pulling on the banner and hoping for at least one of the Muspell sisters.

Alright, banner analysis time.

Helbindi is an enemy phase axe infantry with good mixed bulk, but if you don't have DC, he won't reach full potential. Spectrum wave is neat, and gives him a pretty solid niche. Probably the best unit on this banner.

Laegjarn's 32/36 isn't as high as the current best red fliers, but has the highest defense among red fliers. Prf depends on enemies having buffs, so completely worthless against armors unfortunately. If you already have Elincia/L!Ryoma, she's probably unnecessary, but still a solid unit, though player phase fliers are generally better than enemy phase.

Laevatein

Sword infantry really isn't a unit type anyone wants to be at the moment, and her speed leaves a lot to be desired. I suppose her best bet is to go with a one shot build with her prf, since she's outclassed at most other roles.

No real must haves here, but BST skills on dancers is going to be absolute cancer, and may be worth a shot if you have an applicable one.

Edited by Korath88

Double reds sounds like a good reason to pull only reds. Assuming they're being added to the general summoning pool afterwards, which there's no reason they shouldn't, I'll probably just go for 1 copy of Helbindi and 2 or 3 copies of each of the sisters since my budget is still tight this month.

My only regret is not having any fully merged dancers I can use with the Duel skills. R Duel Flying is only usable by Olivia, who is only +2. G Duel Infantry is usable by Azura (+6), Inigo (+7), and Elincia (+0).

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Prf depends on enemies having buffs, so completely worthless against armors unfortunately.

As you get higher in the Arena, it stops being worthless against armors due to the prevalence of Rally skills. Also, there are a decent number of Tactic teams near the top, too, that you can exploit with her weapon.

Hell, the moment an opponent gets even something as small as +3/3/0/0, you're ready to go with +3/3/3/3 on top of your own buffs. Niu is extremely punishing even at low buff values.

Helbindi - A mixed tank for enemy phases that comes with a built-in wave skill. Great bulk, but still high attack which all comes in the price of a non-existing speed stat. I like his weapon, Infantry Pulse is nice, but the rest is not that special. G Duel Infantry is a skill some arena players might be interested in, but a skill for other players wouldn't summon for.

Laevatein - honestly she looks very solid. 59/34 is a high attack/low speed combination, but she can buff herself in Atk, Def and Spd by 6 with her skills. That leaves her open with her low Res, which she doesn't buff, and she also takes 6 damage from Fury. Risky, but powerful.

Laegjarn - situational weapon, but she looks more reliable with her base 39 speed. Chill Atk and Distant Guard are still rare in the game, and I say the same about R Duel Flying as G Duel Infantry. Honestly the only downside is the Res again, but that's the best choice IMO.

Laevatein > Laegjarn > Helbindi - as you can tell, I'm not excited about the Duel skills.

Laevatein + Odin or Legendary Lucina seems like a pretty natural pairing, especially if you can get the remaining Link skill

I'd dig getting a free Laegjarn primarily because I have crap for fliers and I've got zero plans to do anything about it

I was hoping it wouldn't be them, especially as I think someone said they're added to the Fates lot as bonus units in the arena this time round. Means I'll have to rely on whichever OC unit is left as the freebie since I have no desire to pull for them. I wouldn't mind getting Laegjarn at some point, but I adore my Ryoma too much to replace him on the fliers team.

Edited by Cute Chao

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I was hoping it wouldn't be them, especially as I think someone said they're added to the Fates lot as bonus units in the arena this time round. Means I'll have to rely on whichever OC unit is left as the freebie since I have no desire to pull for them. I wouldn't mind getting Laegjarn at some point, but I adore my Ryoma too much to replace him on the fliers team.

Fjorm.

13 minutes ago, Reiska said:

Fjorm.

At least she's useable :)

Either her or Alfonse would have been okay with me. Anna or Sharena would have probably screwed me over. I have them at 5* but they are barely built at all...

Thanks ^.^

I think people are sleeping on Laevatein a bit too hard. While bladetome units are nothing new, Laevatein is a melee blade unit and can get melee-restricted skills, namely Galeforce, Steady/Warding Breath and Wrath. She also has the highest Atk of all -blade units (Ophelia with an Atk superboon still has less than Laevatein at neutral). I think she has the potential to be really damn scary.

c87dad8a28.jpg

56 + 30 Atk with viable Galeforce/Astra builds are no joke, and with buffs she sits at a healthy 40 Def / 32 Res (with Warding Breath).

Edited by Some Jerk

I'm not really sure why Laevateinn is being ignore right now. Her stats & in base kits looks pretty amazing. If she has an ATK boon on top of having in build pref weapon that give her +3 ATk & Fury then she has a total of 62 ATK. On top of that she has decent SPD & DEF.

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I wouldn't mind getting Laegjarn at some point, but I adore my Ryoma too much to replace him on the fliers team.

Mix Emblem is a thing too, so you don't need to focus on a theme for all 15 slots.

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I think she has the potential to be really damn scary.

She is fun to use, but I would not call her scary. She cannot abuse the Blade effect as well as ranged units since they got greater reach.

She is better than Rauđrblade mages at running the Counter-Vantage build, but like them, she is still vulnerable after setup; Firesweep users can kill her in lower score ranges and armor units can take a hit before killing her in higher score ranges.

@Some Jerk The thing is, wrath doesn't really help her. Best she can do is glimmer and with no killer effect, that still means she's at 1 cooldown, unless you're okay with constantly stalling for two turns. She'd be better off running special spiral to keep glimmer active at all times. Besides, with DB3, an attack boon, and full buffs she's still hitting 95 attack, 76 at WTD. If she runs glimmer and a random lance enemy has 50 defense, she's still hitting for 39 damage. That said, dull close and anything else that negates visible buffs neuter her so Ayra might still be on par since she's completely self-sufficient. She's good, but there's a reason blade mages don't 100% dominate the meta anymore.

Anyway, I feel like I should be more excited than I am since Laegjarn is playable, but eh.

Again, easy skip. The units don’t offer much as units or fodder that would excite me, especially since this is the one of the few non-seasonal New Heroes banners to not feature any demotes. At least all Chill skills and both Guard C-slots are going to be in the regular pool.

Plus, the banner will still be running by the time the banner trailer for the October seasonal banner drops. And there’s also the September Legendary Heroes banner coming in a week after the Muspell banner starts. And I want to save my orbs in case the seasonal has anything good, Brave Celica gets featured in a future 3-Focus/LH banner, or Legend Lyn’s return.

Wonder which of the Doorway to Destiny banner units is going to be demoted. I’m hoping for Quan.

Edited by Roflolxp54

36 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wonder which of the Doorway to Destiny banner units is going to be demoted. I’m hoping for Quan.

I forgot about Doorway to Destiny's demotion. I'm hoping for Quan too. He is a interesting unit, and I want Drive Atk 3 in a 4* unit. I want to give Drive Atk to one of my units, but I only have 5* units which this skill, and a 4* Groom Marth which I will not sacrifice in Skill Inherit (I still hope for TT and GHB units Combat Manuals). Silvia is a possibility too. Her skill set is not great, neither her stats. The thing that can keep Silvia in the 5* pool is she being a Dancer.

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reiterating my stance that Silvia is a guaranteed drop. She's redundant, Quan isn't.

That, and I don’t see two lance cavaliers getting dropped in a row. If Silas didn’t exist, it might have been more up for grabs. At this point Silvia is a lock though.

17 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

That, and I don’t see two lance cavaliers getting dropped in a row. If Silas didn’t exist, it might have been more up for grabs. At this point Silvia is a lock though.

Even without Silas's existence, I would be questioning their sanity if Cuan were to drop. Rally Spd/Def+ is obvious whale bait, and they should not be dropping that to being pullable at 4-star rarity if they want to see some extra dough rolling in. (I'm fine not bothering with it until it eventually drops, so it doesn't affect me at all.)

It's either Sylvia or no one, but I have my bets on Sylvia. Watch it be Levn.