New Heroes Revealed: Generals of Muspell (September 21 ~)

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Even without Silas's existence, I would be questioning their sanity if Cuan were to drop. Rally Spd/Def+ is obvious whale bait, and they should not be dropping that to being pullable at 4-star rarity if they want to see some extra dough rolling in. (I'm fine not bothering with it until it eventually drops, so it doesn't affect me at all.)

It's either Sylvia or no one, but I have my bets on Sylvia. Watch it be Levn.

If it was Lewyn I would be very happy, would make it so much easier to +10 him.  I agree that I don't see Quan being demoted at all, that new high SP rally is just too good (highest scoring non unique support skill), besides he is more popular than Silvia as a character.  Guess we'll find out after the reset.

I think the Muspell units look incredible, don't understand how people are thinking these are just mediocre easy skip units.  I can understand not being interested in their characters, but those weapons have insane potential and they also have great stat spreads.  

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lewyn said:

I think the Muspell units look incredible, don't understand how people are thinking these are just mediocre easy skip units.  I can understand not being interested in their characters, but those weapons have insane potential and they also have great stat spreads.  

I also consider the Muspell Generals great units. All three units have interesting weapons and skills. I would love to have at least one copy of each, especially Helbindi.

Dunno if the question has been asked or not already, but drop or no drop? Silence from what I've seen on the question, combined with OC popularity, and there only being three, makes me assume the consensus is there will, obviously, be no drop.

And why no Suture included? He dead too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Personally, I think a 3-character banner with two 5* exclusive reds is a pretty great deal in general, that's a 5* rate of over 10% when pulling red and only about 80 orbs on average to get a focus unit if you're happy with either. I don't really care about the duel skills, but the characters are all pretty neat even aside from that, and they're the first Muspell units.

Speaking of rates, it looks like green's off-focus 5* rate has finally caught up to blue's. That's interesting. Fewer 5*s, but proportionally fewer units overall.

The one thing that does grab my interest about the duel skills is their SP costs: 70/150/300. I think they're the first three-level skills to go above 60/120/240, which means we finally have a costing system that could support skills like a hypothetical Def/Res Ploy.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dunno if the question has been asked or not already, but drop or no drop? Silence from what I've seen on the question, combined with OC popularity, and there only being three, makes me assume the consensus is there will, obviously, be no drop.

Based on each of them having 5 skills, and what those skills are, I think no drop is a pretty safe bet, and is appropriate for an OC banner.

Edited by Othin

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If it's anyone, I'd say Laevatein because she doesn't have a Duel skill. It's far more likely that it ends up being no one though. This banner feels like a special enough case like Farfetched Heroes and Fallen Heroes were.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I am sure we will not have any of the three unit in the 4* pool, so... no drop. I understand why Loki wasn't a playable character, because she will probably appear in Book III, but Surtr... he could be a GHB unit in the future.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If it's anyone, I'd say Laevatein because she doesn't have a Duel skill. It's far more likely that it ends up being no one though. This banner feels like a special enough case like Farfetched Heroes and Fallen Heroes were.

For inheritance, a 4* Laevatein has Fury 3, a 4* Laegjarn has Chill Atk 3 and a 4* Helbindi has Guard 3. In my opinion, Helbindi has the weakest skill set, but the G Dual Infantry would make him a 5* exclusive, like Dancer who only are in the 5* pool because their have the dance/sing skill. But, excluding the Askr Trio, I don't believe we will see another Original Character with a 4* version.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am sure we will not have any of the three unit in the 4* pool, so... no drop. I understand why Loki wasn't a playable character, because she will probably appear in Book III, but Surtr... he could be a GHB unit in the future.

Thing about Surtr is that his weapon is broken. Also, his stats are too high: his BST is 181.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Thing about Surtr is that his weapon is broken. Also, his stats are too high: his BST is 181.

His Weapon is crap. Dealing area out-of-battle damage in an uncontrolled manner is setting yourself up for failure. Wings or Mercy exist and it is deadly.

Unless I missed a new update or something, we do not know his BST yet. The BST on his wiki page is when he appears as an enemy in Chain Challenges and Squad Assault, not when he is a Hero.

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

Enemy stats are not calculated in the same way as player stats. You'll notice, for example, that Lunatic Grand Hero Battle bosses typically have a minimum of +10 to their HP stat and occasionally have +1 or +2 to various other stats relative to their player-obtainable versions at level 40.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I was surprised IS didn't give Surtr's Axe a distant counter effect. Surtr was so easy to defeat.

Of course he is easy to defeat. Fjorm was not lying when he told him he sucks.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Fjorm didn't defeat Surtr alone because the weapon triangle didn't allow her to do it.

I killed Surtr with only Reinhardt (with Dancer support). Nothing is impossible. If you have Candlelight, you can have BB!Lyn debuff Surtr so Fjorm can attack him with impunity.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

I killed Surtr with only Reinhardt (with Dancer support). Nothing is impossible. If you have Candlelight, you can have BB!Lyn debuff Surtr so Fjorm can attack him with impunity.

When I said alone, I mean alone without help. Your Reinherdt has the help of a dancer, although a ranged unit like Reinhardt can attack Surtr without the need of Candlelight, and Surtr's Res is lower than his Def so it's easier for a mage to kill him. The Candlelight staff unit will do more damage than Fjorm, that's for sure!

Also, I tried to fight Surtr using my neutral Fjorm Lv40+1... She cannot deal damage to a 3* Lv 35 Surtr alone... I placed her adjacent to a ally, so she could have the Atk/Def Bond, but only 3 x 2 damage...

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That's true, in other hand Laev has busted legendary weapon. Weakest unit of three would be Laegjarn, so if someone were to drop I would guess it's her. Well I agree there will be probably no demotion from this banner.

5 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

That's true, in other hand Laev has busted legendary weapon. Weakest unit of three would be Laegjarn, so if someone were to drop I would guess it's her. Well I agree there will be probably no demotion from this banner.

Yeah... If the enemy team doesn't have bonus stats from rally skills, Níu only gives +3 Spd to the user. My infantry Team, which only works with Spurs and Drives, never had a problem with her. Compared to the others, Laegjarn is more supportive.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, XRay said:

His Weapon is crap. Dealing area out-of-battle damage in an uncontrolled manner is setting yourself up for failure. Wings or Mercy exist and it is deadly.

Not so much, since it's the start of the owner's turn, during which you can safely kill off the unit(s) that were baited into the range of Sinmara's effect. The only way that may turn into an uncontrolled situation is through unwise positioning beforehand.

Ironically if Surtr was 5*+10 capable, let alone summon-able, he would be one of the most reliable chipper units in arena, boasting access to both safe baiting via Wary Fighter to chip down enemies on Enemy Phase, and massive non-lethal damage at the start of your next turn. On top of that, he would be an impressive point brick for arena in general, assuming he would be a typical 174~175 BST armor.

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... If the enemy team doesn't have bonus stats from rally skills, Níu only gives +3 Spd to the user. My infantry Team, which only works with Spurs and Drives, never had a problem with her. Compared to the others, Laegjarn is more supportive.

TBH I think Laeg's weapon is vastly underrated, and people seem to forget that IS recently boosted field buffs in the form of Rally up Atk+ and Rally Spd/Def+. What with how SP values contribute to higher arena defense team scores, higher scores tend to have more dual rallies (or even these new 400 SP versions). This means Laegjarn's performance will significantly increase against the higher end defense teams. As an enemy unit, obviously you could counter her by not rallying or honing yourself, but that's not a good measure of how good she is as a unit. Meanwhile, with Laeg in a player's hands, the AI won't know to not rally themselves to their deaths.

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

The only way that may turn into an uncontrolled situation is through unwise positioning beforehand.

He is an armor unit, and with multiple units rushing in, he cannot attack multiple enemies simultaneously and he cannot retreat quickly. Not all maps have enough open space for his teammates to move in and deal with the enemies either unless he has mostly flying allies.

Did 22 pulls with the free orbs I had and a single 75-orb pack. Going to wait until my paycheck before I do more pulls from this banner.

Got a perfect [+Atk, -Spd] Helbindi and a serviceable [+Atk, -Def] Laegjarn. Also another merge for Leaf that brings him up to +4.

I might just end up using Helbindi for the Arena if he ends up scoring high enough with G Infantry Duel as a +0.

40 Orbs got me Laegjarn +Def/-HP and Laevatein +HP/-Res. Hell yes.

Wish they had more offensive natures than defensive ones, but for spending that little I really shouldn't complain, especially since both of them need to take a hit from their targets of choice.

e: To those wanting to grind their Múspell units during the 2x SP weekend, Special Training: Melee is tomorrow if you don't want to deal with The Workout's magic jerks.

Edited by Some Jerk

On 9/17/2018 at 5:22 AM, mampfoid said:

Why red bow? 

I personally just want a red bow because it's the only colour left.

On topic, I spent over 700 Orbs on a -Spd/+Res Laegjarn. While I simmer in my own fury, can anyone advise me on ways to salvage this, or should I just give her a +Spd seal and hope for the best?

(And here's your PSA to never summon on Red, kids; especially if the unit you want shares with another focus unit. ...also, anyone want a Laevatein? I HAVE THREE SPARE AHHHHHHHHH-)