Capcom Beat Em Up Collection

Jedi

This collection of games is spectacular. Take it from me someone very versed in beat em ups. They added online too!

Final Fight
Warriors of Fate
King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Battle Circuit (first home console release)
Armored Warriors (first home console release)
Captain Commando

Are the games in the collection. If you have any questions about any of these feel free to ask me I’m versed in them all besides Armored Warriors.

C377A251-AB3A-48CC-85F9-A015655CEF33.thumb.jpeg.2a5a84f83a812cd7f9d18af8e3321914.jpeg

BDE21E56-E5EA-4575-AA2B-27FEED68C85F.thumb.jpeg.08b37a49e8433aabf292e06321ca6b44.jpeg

I've played Final Fight, Captain Commando, and Knights of the Round. Can vouch for each of them as good games. 20 dollars for seven beat em ups. I wanna say Capcom's got more of this genre in their back catalog, but I can't think of any games on the same quality as those three. I really like Avengers but that's a top down game rather than left to right side scrolling. Magic Sword is a surprising omission considering it got a duel release with Final Fight on XBLA. 

Also whaaaat is that artwork. Are they trying to revitalize Captain Commando as a company mascot? 

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I just like how the compilation has a bunch of buff dude and swords... and a girl on a punk mutant chocobo. 

Pinky is the best.

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I've played Final Fight, Captain Commando, and Knights of the Round. Can vouch for each of them as good games. 20 dollars for seven beat em ups. I wanna say Capcom's got more of this genre in their back catalog, but I can't think of any games on the same quality as those three. I really like Avengers but that's a top down game rather than left to right side scrolling. Magic Sword is a surprising omission considering it got a duel release with Final Fight on XBLA. 

Also whaaaat is that artwork. Are they trying to revitalize Captain Commando as a company mascot? 

This collection in general is full of amazing beat em ups, I’d put King of Dragons and Battle Circuit super high up.

I've played a few of these and they're very good. I think I'd have to rank Chronicles of Mystara (or Tower of Doom & Shadows over Mystara) as my favourite beat 'em up though (not entirely sure why that's missing since it's from Capcom, to be honest, it's excellent).

Edited by Edgelord

49 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

I've played a few of these and they're very good. I think I'd have to rank Chronicles of Mystara (or Tower of Doom & Shadows over Mystara) as my favourite beat 'em up though (not entirely sure why that's missing since it's from Capcom, to be honest, it's excellent).

Probably because they’re on steam now? Honestly can’t think of a good reason besides that.

Maybe they just wanted these to shine more.

Like I said on the Streets of Rage 4 forum I'm really interested in trying more classic arcade beat'em ups, this collection is was absolutely made for me. While I would like to pick it up and start playing, I'm currently preparing to move out of state so I think I'll be waiting for a little while before I pick up any new video games to stay focused on what really matters right now.

Since it is launch day, if anyone's played the game yet let me know if it's worth the investment.

a fine collection indeed. it would have been perfect if there was also "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" along with "Alien vs Predator", but i guess it's fine already as it is.

i still remember playing in the arcades with "Final Fight" and other titles like "Art of Fighting", "Samurai Showdown" or "Fatal Fury" from SNK. good times.

Edited by Fenreir