Does it bug anyone else that ORAS is so easy?

Dragoncat

Going straight from Emerald to Omega Ruby, the difficulty plummets...I hear ORAS is really easy until Steven, and I believe it. Does this bother anyone else at all? I mean FRLG and HGSS didn't drop the difficulty compared to the originals this much as far as I know. I'm worried it will become a trend and continue with Sinnoh remakes.

ORAS is a pretty forgiving Pokemon game, but I don't the the lack of difficulty on its own is a problem. I'd say everything until after you beat Winoa is fine. A lot of gym leaders pack a surprise and if not then there are still a lot of different pokemon to keep me entertained. The game also picks up in difficulty when you are in the elite 4.

Its between those periods where I think the game being easy starts to become problematic. Team Magma/Aqua don't update their team, Lisa/Tate are joke gym leaders and the game as a whole starts to suffer from a variety problem at that point. The lack of difficulty in those parts and the samey Pokemon do turn that part of the game into a boring slog.

Ugh yes it is I hate how the "Elite four" are one-hit wonders. But personally I would like it if it wasn't full chok of text and boring the animations are just so balnd and devoid of style 

14 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Ugh yes it is I hate how the "Elite four" are one-hit wonders. But personally I would like it if it wasn't full chok of text and boring the animations are just so balnd and devoid of style 

Hey the facial expression animations in ORAS are gold!

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Hey the facial expression animations in ORAS are gold!

Oh sure but I would rather go back to Crystal and if a 2004 kid is telling you that an older game is more fun so he isn't being nostalgic then HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

The fact that B2W2, despite the rather stupid means of unlocking it, are the only games in the series with an actual hard mode to this day really, truly boggles the mind.

Like really.  It can't be that hard to implement hard mode, and it's something that can only make people happy as normal mode will still exist for people who want an easy time.  

I'm pretty this is because of many things:

1. Emerald was before the attack and special split for types, so some types were garbage because of their type.

2. Exp, even if you turn off exp share, you get exp for catching pokemon so you get more exp over all.

3. Fairy types. Champions always had some kind of pesky dragon type that were a huge threat because before gen 6, they had no weakness. Since if you were using a dragon type yourself, it would probably be underleveled compare to their dragon. And ice type were and are for the most part shit so... yeah. Not to mention Gardevoir and Sylveon are easy to obtain.

Personally I just played through Alpha Sapphire for the nostalgia of returning to Hoenn, so I wasn't paying attention to that. Now that you mention it, though, I did get through it pretty fast(not as fast as my X clear, but still fast), I'd just assumed it was because I already knew the region inside and out. In addition, I don't know if you noticed or not, but they basically start any sort of difficulty curve over like every ten years to make it easier to pull in the new generation of potential players, not to mention older players can basically laugh at any game that isn't a new region because we know it all, we just have to update our info based on anything between the original and the remake, such as Fairy types being added here, or Dark and Steel being added going from RBY to FireRed and LeafGreen. What it all comes down to is that we need Coliseum ported to or remade on the Switch because Coliseum is basically the superior Pokemon game, even discounting the greatest villain the Pokemon franchise has ever known.

57 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Personally I just played through Alpha Sapphire for the nostalgia of returning to Hoenn, so I wasn't paying attention to that. Now that you mention it, though, I did get through it pretty fast(not as fast as my X clear, but still fast), I'd just assumed it was because I already knew the region inside and out. In addition, I don't know if you noticed or not, but they basically start any sort of difficulty curve over like every ten years to make it easier to pull in the new generation of potential players, not to mention older players can basically laugh at any game that isn't a new region because we know it all, we just have to update our info based on anything between the original and the remake, such as Fairy types being added here, or Dark and Steel being added going from RBY to FireRed and LeafGreen. What it all comes down to is that we need Coliseum ported to or remade on the Switch because Coliseum is basically the superior Pokemon game, even discounting the greatest villain the Pokemon franchise has ever known.

All good points and YES Colosseum! (that's the correct spelling btw but it took me awhile to get it too, so don't feel bad) I'd love a return to Orre!

Miror B isn't a big threat but he's neat and I love his battle theme in XD.

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I thought it was refreshing after HGSS's stupid slow leveling. I was underleveled all the time and the wild Pokemon were always too low level. The highest level wild Pokemon you can find in those games don't even go past lv. 50. While in other games, you can find wild Pokemon in the lv. 60s. I also thought the changed Exp. Share was much better than the original too.

I don't care too much if a game is easy or hard as long as it's fun.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I thought it was refreshing after HGSS's stupid slow leveling. I was underleveled all the time and the wild Pokemon were always too low level. The highest level wild Pokemon you can find in those games don't even go past lv. 50. While in other games, you can find wild Pokemon in the lv. 60s. I also thought the changed Exp. Share was much better than the original too.

I don't care too much if a game is easy or hard as long as it's fun.

Yeah HGSS has sluggish leveling compared to ORAS and I remember having to grind in it and getting annoyed. It would be nice if it had the ORAS style exp share for sure.

Hoenn nostalgia makes it not matter as much I guess. Which you lack, which I know from past conversations.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

All good points and YES Colosseum! (that's the correct spelling btw but it took me awhile to get it too, so don't feel bad) I'd love a return to Orre!

Miror B isn't a big threat but he's neat and I love his battle theme in XD.

Eh, you got the gist, I can wave aside a minor misspelling. Also, who said anything about a big threat? You don't gotta be threatening to be the greatest, no no, just let the music play!

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eh, you got the gist, I can wave aside a minor misspelling. Also, who said anything about a big threat? You don't gotta be threatening to be the greatest, no no, just let the music play!

YAAAASS. 

OH MY GOD. Miror B vs Kiawe dance off. Somebody please make that and I will PAY THEM.

5 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah HGSS has sluggish leveling compared to ORAS and I remember having to grind in it and getting annoyed. It would be nice if it had the ORAS style exp share for sure.

Hoenn nostalgia makes it not matter as much I guess. Which you lack, which I know from past conversations.

Yeah, and that too, I was never a fan of Hoenn. My nostalgia is mainly with Sinnoh.

I'll say that Hoenn wasn't the hardest region to begin with. Sure, It wasn't one of the first I played, but I always felt that barring Norman (Or Flannery/Winona if you're crazy enough to fight her with only grass types) there's not much of a potential to stumble. In my opinion I never felt like the game was tricky at points outside of those gyms. I'd argue FRLG was easier than RBGY but that's because it also wasn't half as buggy (seriously, if RG were released now I wouldn't be surprised if they were called Early Access games)

ORAS has a bunch of QoL changes that did help in several ways to make the game easier and more accessible. It also has to be said that move variety is much improved by Gen 6 and pokemon can be a bit more varied in their offensive moveset which is more relevant in the main game. Then again, Gen 6 might be my least favourite gen of the series for a bunch of reasons. If the Sinnoh remakes are far easier, then there might be a problem.

50 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I much prefer games like HGSS, BW2 or Platinum because they're at least not as easy as Gen 6.

Oh look, all of my Top 3. Those are the titles I wish they'd take more cues from.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind all that much. I don't have all the time like I did when I was younger, so if anything, I prefer not having to fuck around grinding or battling. This is partly why I've only played 20% of Pokemon Sun even though I started playing since April this year, with the majority of my gaming time going to Persona 4 Golden instead - which I started playing since May and for that I'm about to finish my second runthrough. After playing the latter which has a Super Easy mode, and battles only lasting for 1-2 turns (and 5-6 for most bosses), it's actually gotten harder for me to resume my Pokemon adventure, to the point that I might drop Pokemon entirely. I probably wouldn't have the same problem if it was XY.

Edited by henrymidfields

I don't think that ORAS is Easy,Do to the New Mechanics and Moveset Fixed Makes pokemon Better than there Are on Emerald/ruby/Saphirre. Due to the Phiyshical/Special Spilt Some pokemon Can finale Make A Spot On the times.

Also People Say that "Exp.Share ruins the difficult of the game"....REALLY? Grind only Exist to make your Save to have more than 40 Hours and half of that Hours is BORING GRIND.Like wtf,If you like the old Times Just turn Off the Exp.Share (You are doing a Giant mistake doing this)

I caught Deoxys at the end of the Delta Episode with just a regular pokeball on my first attempt. It was the first ball I used, too. Maybe it's just my own dumb luck, but I feel like it was WAY too easy. I never had too many problems going through the game at all, either. The only problem I had was when I beat the game, because there was nothing left to do except get the rest of the Mega Stones and maybe do the Battle Resort that wasn't even the Battle Resort anymore.

To this day, I never finished ORAS. Gen 6 as a whole isn't very hard, but Kalos have a freaking massive Pokédex. Perfect Region for doing a N's Challenge, actually, even if I nevr tried it myself. That's one point Gen 7 truly improved here (another proof that Gen V's type of leveling system is the best, if it was even needed. USUM even proved you could be challenging with the new Exp Share).

Hoenn have less variety than Kalos ; especially early on ;and gives you far more incentives to grind. Soem obvious (Mauville Food court, Inverse battles, Trainer's Eye), but some more insidious, like Dex Nav. Dex Nav is an awesome system, one of the game's best part (though it does makes Shiny far easier to find. I never found as many Shiny as in those games), but since you need to chain battle, and capturong gives you exp as well, it also tends to makes you overleveled.
It was really the only time the lack of difficulty really bothered me. I have to work hard too makes the game poses any kind of Challenge, even without the Exp Share. Being able to use any Pokémon you like si good, but you can also do that in B2W2 Challenge Mode, or in USUM, so that's no excuse.

That, and the fact it wasn't based enough on Emerald (which is how I really enjoyed Gen 3. I played Gen 3 far too many time) makes all its real innovations and quality not works much for me.

Mmm speaking as someone who has a very strong adoration for hoenn having played the ever living heck out of both Ruby and Emerald, I enjoyed it. But honestly after D/P/P its not like mons games have been particularly challenging anyways, bar maybe like the slowish levelling in HG/SS but thats less a difficulty thing and more a pacing thing, so eh. Anywho ig what im saying is it seemed more par for the course than anything else I'd call ORAS itself out for. (never really had much trouble with BW/B2W2)